Fury vs Marauder

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bodmans, Jul 6, 2013.

1. S0LAR15

I've certed the PPA on the harasser pretty nicely, it's still very bad, it needs a higher RoF or a High Velocity or something right now it is not worth using over a Kobalt, and it's not great either.
  2. Badname0192

Just think of them as an over sized Lasher and when you face a ridge covered in infantry, douse them with snowballs at range. I trust you're using thermals or a good zoom? Because it's garbage when you use NV now :(
  3. treeHamster

I was talking about the average per hour which is based on total kills and total use time. Nobody ever uses the C85 or PPA but that won't change their average per hour stats by much more than 30%. Their average per hour stats are both under 6 kills/hr while the Marauder is over 16. So even if people used them more, they would at best be 8 kills/hr which is still half that of the Marauder.
  4. Ranik

Now lets have a look at reality.

TTK vs Vanguard front armor w/ Magazine extension.

M40 Fury = 34s

Marauder = 57s

Gee. I wonder why the dual purpose AV/AI weapon may have gotten nerfed and not the purely AI weapon?
  5. Badname0192

Mhm. But the thing that stands out is the Saron and the Enforcer are both being used as the AI attack weapon of choice by their factions. See it all the time, own an Enforcer, approve of the method myself even if I am dieing to either.

Then again an AI weapon killing infantry seems kind of like it makes sense right? Pretty sure if the sample of anyone using the PPA was from those who know the appropriate method of using it, it would look a bit different. Yes the Marauder is scoring above the other two, but the EnforcerM is sad and should be rethought and the PPA is lacking that much needed factor that attracts VS to it (OPness or pink sparkles, don't know which), both could be buffed (shouldn't be due to the following)..but AGAIN, the AV Empire specific weaponry, is doing a fine job at AI.
  6. Ranik

You are just making my point for me. It was too good at both AI and AV roles so they kept the AV relatively the same and toned down AI.

Meanwhile the Marauder is garbage at AV and is still pretty good at AI.

That's balance for you.
  7. Badname0192

Marauder will only OHK infantry that is already weakened :eek:

The FURY will now just take two shots in splash and OHK those that are already weakened :eek:

So I'm keeping my FURY Sunder it would appear and retract a previous statement I made. Aim at feet, go for spash, do the same job with just a little more.
  8. Sowahka

I thought the fury was also an AV weapon? Marauder can't do anything that's not a flash. To me this is like comparing a Basilisk to a Kobalt.
    • Up x 2
  9. S0LAR15

The Saron trajectory is changed and the 2HK means it's useless for AI on a harasser tbh, damn useless. On the MBT it will always be needed since the Mag has crappy damage vs armour, and crappy velocities meaning you need it to hit things at range, and provide a much needed DPS boost to the Mag. On the Mag, which is more stable than the harasser, it still isn't great AI, no where near a marauder for AI, or even a Kobalt, it also seems to many VS that they have changed the trajectory relative to the reticule, which make using it very dumb to hit with, passing through targets right in the sight, at ranges below 15-20 m or something.

The PPA just isn't competitive with the other options available, it's as simple as that. Nevermind comparing it to the marauder.

This Saron whining, based mostly on it's old capabilities is completely irrelevant to the thread really.
  10. Ranik

Basically they are tying to compare a dual AI/AV weapon that can fit on almost every ground vehicle, to a purely AI weapon that can only be fit on Harassers and Prowlers.

They are essentially comparing apples to chewbacca.
  11. S0LAR15

This thread is dumb, but the point it shows is that the enforcer modified and the PPA are not at the marauder's level. So in that regard and not relative to the Fury, the marauder is out of sync.
  12. Compass

More like the PPA and the C85 are out of sync. If no one wants to use an AI weapon to kill infantry, then the issue is with the weapon platform sucking and need to be brought in sync so that they are useful at what they are designed to do.
    • Up x 1
  13. Adamar09

You ever tried it? Get some mag upgrades and a dual fury battlebus can shred lightnings and go toe to toe with most MBTs.

I don't see a shift in power to the Bulldog at all. For one, the bulldog is absolute GARBAGE against armour, and two, the amount of splash suppression the Fury can lay down is unchanged. Bulldog fires much too slowly when both of the weapons can 2HKO with splash.
  14. Ranik

That I can agree with. The PPA is a weak but workable due to it's range, however the C85 is a joke. But those who act like the Marauder is a straight upgrade to the fury are just so insanely biased it's not even funny.
  15. Somisary

Who is it that uses the fury for AV? The only thing you stand a chance killing with it is a flash, everything else will either slowly move away in the 30+ seconds they have or just kill you. Both the fury and the marauder are completely useless at AV. The tiny extra chance you have of killing an enemy flash with the fury does not make up even slightly for it being inferior as AI.

I'll put it another way, the amount by which the fury is worse at AI is not made up for by how much better it is at AV.
  16. llPendragon

This is true. The Basilisk needs to be worse at AI or it's not balanced to the Kobalt. Same with the Marauder and Fury. But then you look at the Enforcer Modified and PPA and realize that they are significantly worse at AI than the Fury. So is the Kobalt, in many cases. Now SOE is going to nerf the Fury. This leaves NC and VS with the worst possible AI options, while TR will continue to have a great one.
  17. treeHamster

Range on the PPA is useless because the CoF is so big that after the third shot, you won't hit your target outside of 10m. Also, it moves too slow to be useful outside of 50m, especially because it doesn't have drop so it's less useful at hitting the ground.

Oh and might I add that the PPA does less direct damage so it's even WORSE at AV than the Marauder.
  18. Ranik

Try paying attention. :rolleyes:

It's almost as if I just said the exact same thing.

It's a dual purpose weapon and is balanced as such for a reason. Otherwise their wouldn't be a 20s TTK disparity vs MBT's. The dual purpose weapon isn't going to be as good at AI or AV as a purely AI/AV weapon.....
  19. freeze

was mainly talking about the harasser...
    can't comment on dual fury busses.... but even a dual basilisk sunderer shreds a lightning and can seriously scare an MBT ;)

but it's not like you pull your Battle Bus for AV duty anyways
  20. treeHamster

Who cares if it can shoot 6km if it's not accurate outside of 20m.

I will also add that the Marauder might not shoot 200m but it's a lot more accurate at 50m than the PPA.

Accuracy >> Range

Damage output >> Range

The PPA is an AI weapon, not an AV weapon. If you're using it for AV you're using it wrong. Considering AI weapons are suppose to be used for ranges under 100m (which the Marauder does just fine), the fact that the PPA can shoot further means squat. The Marauder's direct damage is 75 higher up to 50m then it's 125 higher at 100m. Then on top of that, it has an RoF 33% higher than the PPA. It's WORLDS better than the PPA. Especially on the Harasser, longer range doesn't mean crap. It's not like the Marauder does 10% more damage, it does 100% more damage under 50m even MORE outside of 50m.

That was the same crap argument the NC and TR made about the no bullet drop on the INF weapons and the devs still normalized the damage drop off.