Fury vs Marauder

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bodmans, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Compass

Because there's two of them. And they hurt.

2. Wezdor

Oooooh. Didn't know that. Thanks.
  3. Cinnamon

An over nerf on the fury probably. Direct damage of 400 would limit it's one shot on full health ability. Bulldog could probably also use a small buff to direct damage so if people really want one hit kill grenades they have a choice of one that does more decent damage vs vehicles.
  4. moooosa

Fury was probably a little much, maybe a lot much on the Harasser; not sure if this nerf was overboard. I'll probably get rid of mine on the sundy for the bulldog now like mentioned above. Which is of course dumb because I paid money for that.

The Marauder is ABSURD. Seriously, I want you guys to make more noise about this. Nothing in the game compares to it now.
  5. Sinoby

I really think that Fury vs Marauder were fine before nerf. Fury had high (for AI) damage against armor, while marauder had bigger mag for more kills with splash w/o reloading. Now I have to try fury after the nerf and see. But the main problem - Enforcer C85M is utter crap. It needs some serious buffs - tighter cone of fire, more pellets, considerably more ammo in the mag. I would like to use something but granade launcher on the harasser, but we have no options right now.
  6. Phrygen

resist type. Read the notes:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  7. Phrygen

i dont get why you could possible think that the fury was "a little much" but the marauder is "absurd". The fury will still perform the same as it has been in most situations. The marauder will be slightly better. The PPA and Enforcer burst being bad does not make the marauder absurd.
    • Up x 1
  8. freeze

it's the best AI weapon BY MILES now!!!
    that's what makes it absurd... nothing even compares to it now
    • Up x 1
  9. Phrygen

The fury still compares to it.
  10. Phrygen

The fury is still a highly viable option and will still do more damage to armor than the marauder...
  11. Thrustin

Then buff the other weapons and revert the fury nerf, you peabrained hamster. Seriously, often enough the solution is not to nerf a weapon which is effective at its intended role, but to buff the other weapons who are not doing what they are suppose to be doing.

In other words, increase splash radius on the VS version, make the pellets of the NC version do small radial indirect damage, like the AI gun of the mossie. It really is not that hard.
  12. Ranik

-Fury plays dual AV / AI role for months.

- Fury gets nerfed to be more AV specific by damage nerf accompanied with an armor resistance reduction to allow it to retain most of it's AV capability.

-NC/VS want the Marauder nerfed from it's AI role even though it is still inferior in many ways to the kobalt....

Never change NC / VS. Never change.
    • Up x 2
  13. Sinoby

Have you tried it on live servers? I am unable to do it right now, so I will hold my judgement before I test it.
    And I my pount about NC ES AI weapon needs a serious rework.
  14. freeze

the marauder is flatout better... take off your faction goggles.

the current situation concenring AI secondaries is not acceptible.
    I don't care what SoE does, but something needs to change... nerfs buffs... I don't care
    but having 1 weapon rule them all is just ********

edit:
    and everyone who uses the fury as AV.... I don't even know what to say... laughable
  15. Goretzu

You don't use either to vehicle hunt though. :confused:
  16. Badname0192

Fury = NS weaponry that does a pretty good job and still will by myself and those who use it.

Marauder = TR specific AI weapon that does a good job at punching down infantry and requires one to get used to the projectile drop and make follow up shots to do the job correctly.

Light PPA = of course VS specific. I love it for the fact you can stay at range and use it like an over sized Lasher + the snowballs are very easy to track so adjusting aim to make those hits comes easy.

Enforcer Modified = Why is this thing even here? The standard Enforcer is a much better AI weapon hands down and it's AV specific. The Enforcer M requires you to hope your target gets hit with the pellets. If you see someone using this weapon they are either trialing it or someone lied to them, or they made a purchase on the wrong weapon when intending on buying the standard Enforcer. Do not gun for anyone with these on top of their tanks or Harasser unless you trust the Tanker or Driver will keep you within the range where it works.

____

Yes! Indeed the Marauder is going to kill infantry better than a non-faction specific weapon, just as a Light PPA can do a good job in the right hands and a Saron HRB can be more lethal than either.Just as the Enforcer Modified owner will probably be alone and an Enforcer user will be making loads of kills on both armor and infantry.

___
    • Up x 1
  17. Trollfeed

They should make enforcer modified a real modern canister shot. For example you could airburst it with second push of a button. It would be unique and fun to use, would need some skill too for longer range kills.
  18. treeHamster

Except the NC/VS AI weapons are complete trash compared to the Fury which is the NS AI baseline weapon. The Fury is suppose to be an AI weapon, you know it because the Bulldog is the direct AV weapon. The Kobalt is a long range AI weapon. The Fury is short range AI weapon.

Also they didn't give it more AV damage. They reduced the direct damage, and reduced the vehicle resistance, keeping the direct damage to vehicles the same but nerfing it for AI. So the change in direct damage would ONLY apply to infantry. It's still utter garbage against vehicles, read better.

Might I also add that you're a total hypocrite because you argued for the Magrider to get nerfed because it was too much better than the other two tanks. At least back then the average score for each was about the same.

The PPA and C85's average scores are WAYYYYYYYYYY below the Marauder's (which are 15% under the Fury).
  19. Badname0192

True, which is why on a battle Sunderer you can aim into a pack of people with the other gunner and mangle their bodies as intended. Splash damage seems to be the saving point. Direct damage versus infantry I guess is what they went after.

Let's leave the Maurader alone okay? Just because few people find the PPA as exciting as I do, doesn't mean you go swinging the ax at things which you don't have.
  20. Badname0192

Because they're using Enforcers and Sarons to do the AI work..true story, you just don't want to read about it lol!