The Ursa and the Lancer

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TheKovetKong, Jun 17, 2013.

1. vanu123

Also I wanted to mention the lasher but the lancer I find is really only good in groups. My outfit can rapidly deploy a squad of 6-12 lancers on a hill and can destroy anything. But if it is just 1 lancer it only tickles the enemy.
  2. Ripshaft

From what I've seen the ursa and lancer are fairly common, the lancer is always my default special weapon, only swapped out when dumbfire is needed situationally, and the ursa is the weapon of my default loadout, though I've been mostly using the lasher recently.

Basically, I don't think these are really more underappreciated than any other weapon. Most people underappreciate most weapons, just a natural symptom of stupidity.
  3. Hrafnagaldr

Ursa + Lancer are part of my default loadout. Despite the low RPM / DPS it can actually shine in CQC, because it is quite easy to achieve some headshots with it and you dont spray that much bullets all over the place.
    And the new look is just cool. Still got about 500 kills to auraxium, I played 4 other LMGs to auraxium first. :D

But I haven't encountered ****** weapons yet (well, the Beamer maybe), they just favor different playstyles. You just have to adapt or choose the proper eapon for your style.
    • Up x 1
  4. Chemicalnurd

I stopped using the Ursa when it got redesigned - something about the way the rail connects bugs me too much. I'm kinda OCD like that. I now play more Medic and use Corvus; I used to play a lot of medic a while back but then I got kinda sick of using the NS-11a, like.. "Why am I even playing Vanu?" so I went to Heavy Assault and used the Ursa.
    I haven't really tried the Lancer that much, I wasn't really impressed with it when I had a go with it in the test server - seemed to be more of a tickling stick than a weapon. There doesn't seem to be much point having a charge weapon when fully charged it does less damage than the non-charged variants - the high projectile speed is nice, but I think I'd appreciate it more if it was just a weapon with a very slow rate of fire rather than having to be charged before you fire.
  5. AssaultPig

the ursa's kind of a lackluster option; it's decent at long range but it doesn't compare well to the other factions' long range LMGs, and it's awful at hipfire/CQC. Plus, VS get the excellent SVA-88 which is almost as good at long range and much, much better at everything else.

dunno why people don't use the lancer though, it's pretty great
  6. Xocolatl

I wish I could use the Lasher..but I don't have enough Certs yet (and don't want to spend SC on anything I can cert into..I wanna save 'em for new helmets).

But more importantly, lock-on is so much better at guarding because it scares away people. My server rarely have a dedicated anti-vehicle squad, so being alone means that a weapon like Lasher canNOT take down any enemy. If they get shot, they can just repair the vehicle back up (and since I'm alone, they can repair faster than I can hurt it, especially without any backup). However, with the lock on, I can scare people from the area without actually shooting them. A much better alternative to scare off anyone but expert pilots and drivers.
    • Up x 1
  7. Rebornvanu

Did you test the lasher? Its more a fun weapon for annoying the enemy. You can spray over an certain area and block it, but you mostly do assists than kills.
  8. Mongychops

Since the lancer cannot be countered by IR smoke, and can accurately hit small parts of exposed enemy vehicles attempting to hide in cover, it is indeed such a good weapon in groups. I absolutely love it.

The Ursa on the other hand is simply functional. Compared to the EM6 and the TMG-50, some reasonably close equivalents from the NC and TR, its stats are pretty close. The Ursa has worse rate of fire and more randomised horizontal recoil, while having superior bullet speed and less vertical recoil (and no bullet drop of course). I wouldn't say it is remarkable in a similar way to how the pre-nerf Gauss SAW was exceptional.
  9. Sandzibar

Why doesnt the Ursa get access to the adv foregrip? like the pulsar-C does?
  10. ShadowAquilaX

Love my Lancer. Waiting on the Ursa to go on sale before I get it. Until then, the Flare is a good warm up, as both behave similarly.
  11. Whiskey Victor

I'd like an optic selection for the Lancer. Sniper rifles without scopes are stupid.

Ursa is not forgiving in close combat due to rate of fire and doesn't hit hard enough to make up for it.
  12. RasFW

I've been running BR with the Lancer. 250dmg per shot, no drop, great accuracy. Doesn't excel at CQC, but if you're really close you can spam left click and kill them pretty fast.
  13. Spookydodger

I have a loadout with thes two weapons in it for my long range work. x4 scope, compensator, and foregrip on the Ursa, and I wish I could buff the Lancer.

Great combination.
  14. Daddyo540

I use my Ursa on a heavy hitter loadout and my lancer on a accurate weapon loadout (accurate for long periods of sustained fire)... and i am surprised no one uses them ... or maybe they have the sv-88....