Vehicle Debris summarized

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ThundaHawkPS, Jul 7, 2013.

1. ThundaHawkPS

• Up x 4
  2. TheRealMetalstorm

>Sees tank go from full to burning
    >thinks of escalatedquickly.jpg
  3. Heretic

Why the hell are you green texting here? Go back to "that" place.

They seriously need to change the debris mechanics. I can honestly say this is the only game, where im scared of vehicles even after they're dead.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheRealMetalstorm

>Go back to "that" place.
    >implying i came from "that" place

what is green text? lol.
    they're meme arrows.

and in all seriousness nah, in ~2008 or so it was really funny with lots of memes being created and stuff, but nowadays other sites have taken over new meme production..
    nowadays it's full of uninteresting nonsense lol.. only good board is /wg/ wallpapers/general. excellent finds there!

ARMA 3: "ALAHOO ACKBAR" Expansion Pack has Car Bombs... another game with vehicles remaining scary despite having been shot to pieces
  5. Heretic

Im going to disagree with what you seem to think they are, but in order to stop de-railing the thread im going to leave it at that. :)
  6. Cougarbrit

Mass Effect looks different than I remember.
    • Up x 1
  7. RHYS4190

There more dangerous when there dead because you think make you think your safe......................................................................but your not :O
  8. Madmojo

I've lost track of the number of times my lightning has been gibbed by MBT debris that flips up and lands on me after I won the fight. It ruins the victory feeling to say the least.
  9. starlinvf

Why was your lighting slammed up against the side of the tank in the first place? Its like this magical world where explosions are harmless.
  10. Madmojo

That's happened a couple times just by circumstance but others I am 2 or 3 tank spaces away just like the video. As far as explosions doing damage, that's fine but being more destructive than AP rounds is an issue ATM.
  11. Mustarde

It's not just a little damage, debris completely gibs your vehicle from full to gone instantly. Once a lib tankbusted me and my debris killed him because he was swooping in low. Completely silly. Countless times, everyone who uses a vehicle dies from debris falling out of the sky from an ESF/lib/gal. And this video shows another common scenario in vehicle combat.

It just needs to be fixed, because now that resources are easy to run out of, senseless losses are quite infuriating and there's no real way to "counter" it or prevent it, outside of trying to not kill a vehicle that is on top of you...
    • Up x 1
  12. Nocturnal7x

This game is bad.
    • Up x 1
  13. Sebyos

Poor guy ThundaHawk addicted to his imaginary internet fame trying to fix a game without hope.
  14. EliteEskimo

Vehicle/Tank explode mechanics in a nut shell = Hollywood movie mechanics, where every vehicle that explodes sets off a spring board underneath it rocketing it into the air.:eek:
    • Up x 2
  15. Terrex

16. Dis

That's pretty much PS2 in a nutshell.
  17. KlyptoK

This game has F***in Cartoon Physics.

I hate debris.
    • Up x 1