Enough. Drop Pods Should Not Supply C4/Mines.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KlyptoK, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Nogrim313

not true at all, your pod renders long before you hit the ground and makes a **** ton of noise. you are also considered part of the pod until your body renders so no matter how far you run from the pod shooting the pod will still kill you.
  2. Nocturnal7x

The other issue is beacons in spawn rooms. Place beacon in spawnroom, drop LAs on sundys w/ impunity. Maybe fix that exploit first then see how it goes.
  3. illgot

the better your computer the faster you load other players.

I've killed more than a few people while they drop podded in, mostly with flak with my Max.
  4. NietCheese

Didn't you guys get the memo, armor aren't supposed to go within 300 meters of any base in the game.

Which includes squad leaders who may be in Liberators, Galaxies, ESFs. Didn't you guys in armor realize that you can't let any aircraft get within 500 meters of you or you deserve to be C4ed??

Again, you made the mistake of getting within 300 meters of a squad beacon so deserved to be C4ed.
    • Up x 2
  5. phreec

That's actually a pretty clever way to stop the cheesy droppod C4/Mines tactic.
  6. Puppy

When a drop pod lands it take a few seconds before the person from the drop pod renders.
  7. Bankrotas

They shouldn't, if they are used in their designated roles. That said, pizza boxes (tank mines) should do same damage when triggered by outer damage and normal damage, when driven over with directional damage as claymores have.
  8. Nepau

Have to say from experence, depending on how heavy a fight is, a person can take a bit to render from a drop pod. That being said I agree that it feels a bit too much of a cheese tactic to be able to just drop pod onto any parked sundy to C4 or tank mine it.

As for the whole parking to close, there are plenty of bases where its rather difficult to assult a base if your AMS is soo far off that its safe from droppers, since it would then make your attacking infantry vunerable to numerus threats like air or armor, as there are many bases where there is a large open area they would have to run across.

At minimum they do need to fix the spawn beacon that can be placed in protected areas. Kudos to the guys who found them, but still its a bit of a cheese thing since they are by design meant to be found and destroyed.
  9. Nogrim313

re-read what you quoted, even if there body hasn't rendered they are treated as part of the pod until the pod disappears iirc the pod is treated as a vehicle they are in until it de-spawns meaning damage to the pod is damage to them

i've shot plenty of pods that a player has gotten behind cover and died because i shelled the pod itself
  10. WookLordz

Whoa dude, easy on the red herrings! You are putting a lot of words in my mouth. I provided 2 situations where it shouldn't be usable, I think it's fine anywhere else. The point I was trying to make was: Quit ******** about C4. The real issue at the heart of the OPs complaint is mass drop podding on Sunderers. Any one who plays in a well run platoon uses this tactic to destroy Sunderers. Place waypoint on Sunderer, then command entire platoon to drop pod on it. It is damn near unstoppable.

So, find a way to stop that tactic without nerfing the ability to deploy C4.

Maybe remove the ability to "steer" drop pods so well?
  11. Takoita

OP just has a raging hate-on on all things C4. He's just trying to push through more nerfs from a different angle this time.
    • Up x 1
  12. Puppy

Has never happened to me or an enemy drop pod I've killed. So I don't understand I think.