Fireworks are OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The Crimson Overlord, Jul 4, 2013.

1. colt .45 killer

Well the fireworks are the best air deterrent I've ever seen. I usually never dip below 20 even in crazy biolab fights. I flew over Nott Amp and had consistent 7-5 FPS in that area because of the fireworks.
  2. NC_agent00kevin

They dont drop my framerate in any noticeable way. However, its annoying how loud they are. They drown out all sound of battle when you get a few guys spamming them. They recycled some of the explosion and Halberd sounds too, which dont help - when 10 guys are spamming them mid battle, you cant tell if a Prowler is shelling you, if a Vanguard found something to shoot at, or if grenades, rockets, etc are going off around you. Much less hear footsteps, gunfire and half the other game sounds.

Devs need to give us an option to turn off fireworks or just make them regular flare guns after the holiday. I can understand people wanting to play with them for the 4th, but most of them just want to be annoying under the guise of 'having fun'. I'd prefer if they were turned into actual flare guns instead of pyrotechnics launchers.Turn em back into fireworks for the 4th and new years and whatever else they see fit - but every day of the year? No.
  3. MasonSTL

lol that lag isn't from the fireworks. I have never seen those things kill my frames, the 300 players in an Amp Station gives me lag, but never have I seen the fireworks lag me out and I highly doubt they are the cause of your problem.

It's not a problem at all. Not going to happen.
  4. Noodle!

I just think it's sad that they've turned these amazing dramatic battlefields into a constant new years party.
    The first few times I saw it it was neat. After 3 days constant fireworks at every night fight I just sadly miss the cool battle scenes that MIGHT never really return, because it takes just one person to turn it into parody central.
  5. DramaticExit

Pyr - Ancient greek work for fire.
    Pyromania, Pyrotechnics, Pyro (marvel comics chatacter), Pyro (TF2), Pyro (song by the Kings of Leon), Pyro (a robot from Transformers)...

I don't think Valve could even get close to suing for that.
    • Up x 1