Favoring faction flavor for Infiltrators

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Xocolatl, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Xocolatl

Because I want my VS Inf to taste purple..naw. Ok, do I have your attention? Here's the thing.

So far, the only 2 infantry classes to have their faction's flavor added are HA and MAX--the other classes may have different skins, but they all perform the exact same (to a certain extent). That's all good, but I think we could do better, especially for a rather "dull" class like the Infiltrator.

For starter, weapon slots:
    NC--huge *** rail gun. Firepower over all else, this baby is huge, loud, and slow. But hellz, it shoots so hard, it goes through walls! (Will hit enemies that are sitting behind walls, etc).
    TR--techy x-bow (you know it!) with explosive darts. Slow projectile, explode after a few seconds on impact. Explosion can actually hurt vehicles, are is extremely damage to light vehicles. The plus side? Super silent, and almost no trace of where you're firing from. Sneaky TR bastards.
    VS--super duper charged gun. Built for durability on the battlefield--just not YOUR durability. This baby packs no ammo. Instead, it drains your shield and/or cloak to fire a stream of high energy laser as long as you hold the trigger. The laser has no travel time, no bullet drop (OP!) and deals damage per second instead of being a single shot rifle. The plus side is training this thing on a person's head for 1 second will kill them. The downside is that holy hell, follow that light pillar to the sniper and shoot him down cuz he aint got no cloak nor shield left!

Of course I think more flavor can be added. Cloak slot would definitely be one of the slot that I would mess with. Maybe even melee weapons (aesthetically).

Thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  2. DeathSparx

I understand the idea but I don't think this is something the devs will let cloakers run around with--because people believe nothing is more OP than an invisible rail gun (but I love it). However I'd put a big maybe on the techy x-bow with explosive rounds as it's the only thing that sounds like an infiltrator weapon. The rest of the guns really sound like HA tools not Infiltrator tools but I like the idea. If the rail gun could be proposed as a sniper-y type of weapon then you might get more support.

Certainly a step in the right direction. Love the ideas. :)
  3. Xocolatl

Thank you for the support.

As long as each faction gets a bit of a flavor, I don't mind if it is not with gun. Maybe even make it their secondary weapons, just to avoid balance issue (since secondary weapons will still not be used all that much). But different cloaks to reflect the faction's theme akin to MAX's suit slot would be awesome too.
  4. klor

Magscatter, that is all.
  5. TheHuntsman

the vs one to me i dont like mind you i am not a fan of any of em anyway thats pretty much a giant middle finger towards vs snipers the disadvantages outweigh the advantages in my opinion a light beam that pretty much says hey over here and if you miss your screwed and if you kill someone your screwed no cloak or shields that is just a no.