What Heavy NC gun

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by lolitank, Jul 3, 2013.

1. lolitank

What one should i pick i want
    1. fast killing speed but not a shotgun
    2. doesn't lose all of it's range power
    3 nice reload or mag size

Edit on shotguns unless jackhammer cause it looks cool ;D
  2. Hosp

My 2 cents:

You're looking at a GD22S or EM1/EM6 (I forget which)

Accurate with burst fire at range while maintaining a decent hipfire up close. Solid Mid-Range in general. I'd say the EMs are a bit better hipfire while the GD22 on single shot can snipe at range. 22 though has a 50 round mag with slightly faster reload compared to the EM 100 Round mag and slower reload.

Don't know anything about Anchor to comment on that however.
  3. ladiesop

Short to long range. Note the last two have slow reloads but gigantic mags, the Anchor has a quick reload but a 50 round mag which is better than an AR but not huge.

Jackhammer (still loses power at range compared to non shotguns, but is a cooler weapon)
    Anchor
    EM6
    Gauss SAW
    • Up x 1
  4. R3volutionist

I have the EM6 from alpha squad, I got the gd22 because it was cheap, I bought the anchor and the jackhammer. My opinion goes like this:

EM6: Decent weapon, big mag, slow reload, easy to handle, fast rate of fire for an NC LMG. It's very adaptable and easy to use for new players.

GD22: Very easy to use, but other NC LMG's perform better in my opinion.

Anchor: good for CQB and mid range, short reload but a 50 round mag, honestly it's great weapon for one on one situations because you shouldn't need more than 50 round to kill someone. If you hip fire a lot you can get the adv. laser sight which makes it very good at CQB. Kind of difficult to control in ADS but once you get the hang of it it's pretty good. I love the anchor.

Jackhammer: dominates CQB, get the high capacity mags. If you hit anyone with the burst they are dead but if you miss then you're kind of screwed, you can pretty much dominate people 1v1 but it's harder when there are two or more opponents who are aware of you. You also run out of ammo very quickly. Great for assaulting and holding a room.

SAW: I just started using this weapon again, if you ADS and your aim is good then this weapon is purely a beast at any situation. Combine that with a shield and from mid to close range you will basically win every fight because of the 200 damage. The thing is really a monster. Long range you will want to switch to burst fires or control your bursts in auto. Very slow reload but a huge magazine, this is probably my favorite gun right now because when I combine with the resist shield and adv grip I can spray in ADS and take down person after person very quickly. If you hip fire a lot then this isn't a good weapon, I'd go with the Anchor. The cone of fire isn't very tight and the RPM is pretty slow so hip firing will get you killed a lot, but if you ADS all the time this weapon will destroy people on CQB or mid range. I love the SAW.
  5. lolitank

i picked the stock SAW

also Flak or Nano?
  6. lolitank

also what shield is better over all?
  7. Tersky

You have to understand that Gauss SAW require some attachments to be any good and even then it's still hard to handle for inexperienced players. I'd strongly suggest to go for GD22 or EM6 to learn LMG's in general and then switch back to SAW. As for attachments HVA, Adv. Foregrip and Compensator are must for SAW.

For other specs Nano + Resist Shield combo is the best overall for any situation. Just have to be quick on shield trigger to react on incoming damage and turn it on every time you run around a corner into potential enemy fire.
  8. lolitank

i'm rank 44 i should be able to use most of the guns by now
  9. Messaiga

IMO, for NC Heavy. You should be using Nanoweave Armor + Gauss SAW with Adv. Forward Grip, Compensator, 1x Reflex, and High Velocity Ammo. It kills aplenty and is a beast at all ranges. Hipfire is for the moments when you need to spray, otherwise I would ADS in most or all situations if you can help it.
    • Up x 1
  10. R3volutionist

What he said
  11. lolitank

i put on 2x since it gives me little more zoom
  12. THUGGERNAUT

EM6 by far. a well-balanced, bread-and-butter weapon good for almost any situation, short to medium range, and the hipfire is acceptable for emergencies and surprises.

don't listen to these other fools claiming the NC6 is good at close range battle. the hipfire (esp. with compensator) and rate of fire is atrocious and will get you killed every time versus a shotgun/SMG user. NC6 is a mid-range ONLY weapon.
  13. R3volutionist

More like don't listen to this fool, at 200 damage per shot if your aim is good you donate shotguns an smgs at close range conidering you're still firing faster than a shotgun and doing way more damage than a smg. If you want a weapon for close range the SAW is still awesome and the Anchor and the Jackhammer is better than the EM6, the EM6 is for newbs who need a weapon that's easy to control an decent at everything, you'll do fine with it but once you get good you will see a huge upgrade with the saw, anchor, or jackhammer.
  14. Epic High Five

Sight is for preference, as long as you prefer 2x or lower. I like 2x generally but even just the iron sights are good. HVA is optional but I like it because I'm a velocity ***** and I don't notice hardly any increase in kick because of it.

Nanoweave 5+resist shield+ADS means you're a monster even up close with it, and at shotgun range the hilariously giant COF doesn't matter - just stick it in their gut and fire away.
  15. Seron

if your a bit low on certs the gauss saw S is not that bad if you find yourself alot in the mid-to-low ranges

1X reflex, forward grip, SPA.

(Edit: the proof it does work out nicely: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428082000245080497/killboard)

should replace it with the LA anchor first chance you have tough. Anchor with SPA, adv laser and a 2x scope is a beast in all your mid-to-low range combat.

for all arounders: EM6 or stock gauss (but only with attachments)
  16. Consumer

EM6, definitely. If not, the Anchor (identical in DPS without ammunition attachments, horizontal recoil) or the cheaper GD-22S (slightly lower DPS, similar handling) do well.

Frankly, the guys who promote the Gauss SAW are full of bull. Forget "oh, you just need attachments". The Gauss SAW has essentially the exact same DPS as the EM6 (the SAW being slightly lower) and, in fact, slightly worse when both have High Velocity Ammunition equipped. And if you consider the argument that "DPS is irrelevant because it assumes all shots land", then you can safely assume that the SAW's significantly lower ROF (and reload speed, while we're at it) are detrimental to achieving a realistic DPS that EM6 users at the same skill level can consistently hit.

It is literally crap when people shovel the SAW over other LMGs on the grounds that it requires skill. Yes, it does take more skill to rival the efficacy of the aforementioned weapons. So if you like the challenge, that's fine, but don't doubt for a second that there is no significant area where the SAW has an advantage or even matches the usability of a gun like the EM6.
    • The SAW is not more effective at medium and long ranges considering the SAW's high recoil meanwhile the EM6's lower recoil counters the SAW's accuracy.
    • The SAW is not more effective in close range, where its 200 damage is just barely a 5-shot kill, meaning misses are devastating and any level of Nanoweave Armor in a theoretical 1v1 bump it up to the reliable 6-shot kill of the EM6 and therefore decrease its TTK to well below the EM6's.
    • The SAW is not more effective when outfitted with attachments compared to other LMGs with their own attachments. Especially considering that the Compensator is typically a necessary attachment for the SAW which, at a holistic level compared to an EM6 with a Flash Suppressor, makes your position considerably more obvious to enemies.
    There's many scenarios where the "best" weapon cannot be legitimately argued. The SAW is not a contender, unless you plan on sticking a 6x scope on it and sniping players to death with 3 headshots. In any other situation (which is virtually all), the EM6 and its similar models, are more reliable for players of all skill levels (unless you're planning on capping out at 100% accuracy and 100% headshot-to-kill rate any time soon).
  17. Kulantan

My experience: auraxium on the SAW and Anchor

The SAW is a good weapon. But it is one of the most extreme weapons in the game. If you're stationary, in ADS and firing short bursts then you've got the best accuracy in the game along with competitive DPS. If you're doing anything else you've got the worst accuracy in the game and your DPS doesn't matter.

For me this makes the SAW a situation weapon to use when in a slow moving, cover based fight. My favorite NC LMG for most situations is the Anchor. The Anchor has good ADS movement accuracy, hipfire accuracy, decent reload, decent stopping power and is surprisingly good. This does come at the cost of a 50 round mag. The GD-22S is also nice (similar in a lot of ways to an Anchor with foregrip) and if you want a cheap option then that would be it.

As for flak or nano, in the current game nano is probably better. Used to be flak, but explosion spam has been nerfed quite a bit.
    • Up x 1
  18. Blitzer

Anchor is the best, weapon suitable for mobile warrior.
  19. Darkplace

Anchor. Best I've tried yet.
  20. Epic High Five

EM6 is too jerky and has horrible velocity. I don't get the digs at the SAW's accuracy - it has a lot of recoil sure, but it's entirely vertical which means it can be corrected easily. Yeah it loses a lot of accuracy on the move but you can still land shots at midrange and there's no reason to be juking around if they're a long way away.

If you're worried about showing up on the minimap, a flash suppressor will do nothing for you. It just made your muzzle flash less visible, and after the patch that made muzzle flashes visible at infantry render no matter what it actually does nothing now. The SAW, however, can take the suppressor without getting dropped down to SMG muzzle velocities like the EM6 will, and that keeps you nice and hidden.

Higher scopes are actually terrible for the SAW because they enhance the recoil. I go 2x at the highest but tend to stick with 1x or iron sights (1.35x). Still does fine at range with lower levels of magnification.

Personally, I've got 4500 kills with my SAW and the majority were within 20 meters as I spend a lot of time in towers and biolabs, etc. You have to run NW5+resist to do it, but you have the time to hang out and make your shots land so you should. If there's a bunch of bad guys, just conc grenade them and stick the gun in their kidneys and full auto.

I mean, use whatever gun you like but to say that the SAW isn't a contender and some generic 167 damage, jerky LMG with carbine velocity is isn't really a strong argument. Anymore I'd say the SAW S is what you want for raw versatility. Same or better at damn near everything compared to the EM6 AND it gets better attachment options.