Which MSG for vanu?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hazardous playa, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Hazardous playa

Hey guys, I finally got 1000 certs to buy a vanu MSG and I was wondering which you guys like better? I've tried them both out but didn't notice too much of a difference. Im planning on using it for CQ for cloaked and light mostly. Also, do you think it's worth spending 1000 certs on? I have a sc card, Im just waitin for the team to make another double sc day...
  2. Blitzkrieg

Eridani for Infiltrator
    Sirius for Light Assault
  3. bodmans

i never used sirius, got eridani. if you got good aim, use eridani, if not use spray 2 win sirius
  4. VSDerp

smg? and try them both out..both good guns. go to vr room and toy with them for a little bit and make your decision:D
    • Up x 1
  5. Hazardous playa

Ok thanks guys :)
  6. Lucidius134

Eridani

Or you can wait for the Nanite Systems one coming out soon.
  7. Regpuppy

For an infiltrator? Yes, definitely get one. Which one depends.

The first generation SMG has less ammo per mag but more damage per bullet. It's almost like a carbine in a lot of respects. It's suggested you get the extended magazine to bring it to 35.

The second generation SMG has a larger mag which is more forgiving and gives you more possible kills per mag. It also has a faster rate of fire and you don't have to sacrifice the rail slot for extended magazine so you can overkill the hip-fire accuracy to be as accurate as your ADS accuracy, with the advanced laser sight.

For Vanu, I didn't notice much of a difference in bullets to kill or TTK either, so I'd highly suggest the second gen SMG. It blows the scout rifles out of the water and it's a solid CQC option for any class, especially if you don't care for shotguns.

If you care to wait, there'll be a new SMG coming out soon that's cross faction. Probably the smartest thing because you might like something different.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jac70

Try them in VR - that's what I did and I liked the Eridani. I use it just on my Inf though, on the LA it's awful because you're so exposed while you're closing the range. The Eridani works as a great shock weapon.
  9. Mythicrose12

Be a man..use the full auto scout rifle (Artemis)!
  10. LonelyTerran

[IMG]
    MSG is bad for you
    • Up x 8
  11. HAYMAKER

I only bought the sirius and must say over all the 2nd gen smg it handles better. On NC and TR I prefer the 1st gen. But best is try out the options in VR. I've tried the Eridani a month or so back, but just couldn't get the hang of it. Should try it out again. Looking forward to the NS Smg's hopefully they'll all have 800-900ROF with a 140-160dmg. Making them the same as current might be moot. Unless they are full black and look boss. Then ill just buy them for that reason.
  12. Regpuppy

Going by the current NS infantry guns. They'll try to make them some sort of hybrid of all the factions or at least some hybrid of NC and TR traits. ie, 5 of the signature +10 rounds per magazine, decent cone of fire, octagon iron sights, respectable rof. and mid tier SMG bullet damage. In the end it'll probably make little difference for TR or NC, but it'll probably feel a lot different than firing lasers for you. :p

Probably good for VS trollolol since it looks like a non-VS weapon.
  13. Roll Fizzlebeef

Monosodium Glutamate is bad for your health.
  14. Eugenitor

The sodium breaks off almost instantly in digestion, and glutamate is a primary amino acid. Ignore the stupid pseudoscientific crap, it's no more dangerous than table salt.

Also, using a non-VS weapon is a good way to get teamkilled. Our guns go pew pew. I hear an NS weapon and I always think it's some TR or NC.