ESF update is this month...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LeopoldXIV, Jul 1, 2013.

1. MFP_TK_02

What would like to see is the flare carry a magazine rather than the timer, with each rank giving you more charges. As it stands now Flare is almost useless with as much lock on as there is out there.

Lock on
    Flare
    2 seconds later
    Lock on

Or even an indicator of where the lock is coming from.
  2. Pikachu

Modern warfare is too boring with all it's long range missiles and stuff. That's why stuff in video games seems so old style. :D
    • Up x 2
  3. TheRealMetalstorm

exactly, that is why scientific research is done quantitatively, not qualitatively.
    p.s. a dash would be better used in that context, a semicolon is better used to join sentence fragments... and semicolons don't make you sound any more sophisticated.
    inb4 >implying i'm trying to
    it can happen sometimes for the reaver
    it can happen sometimes for the other ESFs
    it's way easier to pull off in a reaver

Advantage: Reaver.
    A vortek user can miss up to 22% of his shots and still kill an ESF in one clip.
    The mosquito can only miss 5% of his shots.

Advantage: Reaver
    You clearly aren't familiar with skilled air combat
    Not at the ranges you use the rotaries at.
    Either way, all ESFs except for the scythe have to compensate for drop.
    Scythes have 100m/s slower bullets.
    Seems like all three have a drawback in terms of bullet physics.
    Reaver = Mosquito > Scythe
    Not when you're an experienced pilot.
    If you're inexperienced, yes it will help.
    It's so "bloody" situational, but in equivalent situations where "one clip" might work,
    it's way easier for a reaver to pull it off. Refer to previous point involving the number 22.

But they still aren't balanced yet.

Hint:

Reaver vortek has higher DPS, firing time, and damage per mag, than all other ESF cannons.

nt

• Up x 3
  4. TheRealMetalstorm

All ESFs have the same stats except for:
    Reaver has better ABs
    Reaver has lower cruise speeds

So tell me again how cruise speeds help you win a dogfight

Reaver has significantly better v.thrust - the whole point of a dogfight is how much v. displacement you can get while pointing your nose at the enemy. How you do this affects the outcome significantly, but every bit helps - such as v.thrust and good ABs.

Vortek alignment has never been an issue for me. I fly all three ESFs. Alighment issues are only felt by novice pilots; in fact I enjoyed the lower mounted gun because I can still hit enemies just as they fly under my nose; very useful for head-on merges to pump 3 or so more vortek bullets into the enemy.

Idk, i must say that reavers are slightly harder to use compared to the other ESFs for novice pilots.

Larger hitbox matters, of course, but not as much as the differences in primaries I presented.
    • Up x 1
  5. simmi1717

Crucial Issues that need fixing/implementation.
    1. Fix the fu**ing strikers for fu**s sake. How long will it take to get them fixed? Still ignoring flares and hitting you. Sometimes you think you've shaken it off cz there is no lock on warning anymore and then thud... thud.
    2. Need ability to distinguish between air and ground lock on AND the direction they are coming from.
    3. Some ability to cert into the after burners.
    4. Make a galaxy have more use rather than just transport. Make ESFs want to attack and defend galaxies.
  6. TheRealMetalstorm

no it isnt.

it gives you 7 seconds to do your business and after that you get the hell out.

I have no intention for planes ******** out flares to be able to lolpod a bunch of infantry and tanks and return to a pad to recharge.
  7. Kevorkian

More shotguns for Reavers. Scythes will randomly explode mid-air, instead of just landing. Mossies chaingun sound effect will be increased so everyone on the continent can hear you from anywhere.
  8. simmi1717

When two good pilots are fighting each other, what will matter more? 10% more damage or 30% more hitbox?
  9. MFP_TK_02

You seem to have forgotten about the half dozen other forms of AA that are still present, only they require a little skill to actually use. My issue is that my business...our business, often requires us to remain in the area for up to 10 minutes, regardless of what our load out is. It doesn't bode well when you've got a couple of HA's hiding back in the woods somewhere taking turns locking you up.
  10. Chris Bingley

I think you'll find that it's five seconds for each lock and a five second invulnerability, giving the pilot 15 seconds to kill the HA trying to kill him. And that's assuming that in that time the pilot doesn't duck behind cover (reseting the lock-on timer), or that the pilot has even the slightest knowledge of how to fly and either hides behind scenery or out of the lock-on range. AND, even if the HA does get to fire the shot, any pilot with even the slightest bit of skill can fly out of LOS and the HA just gets to watch his rocket fly into a hillside. This is further compounded on the striker, as if you fire a striker when the enemy is just going out of LOS then the rocket flies backwards and hits you (the HA).

They're now bringing out more A2A missile to encourage pilots to fight A2A rather than just farm infantry who've been left completely helpless by the recent increase in resource cost for MAX units and the ineffectiveness of G2A lock-on launchers. "Oh, but the skyguard got buffed!" I hear you say. Well that's fantastic, it's a shame that it can't be pulled at most of the bases in the game.

Take rocket pods out of the game and refund people's cert/SC so that they can re-spend on either an A2G liberator or A2A ESF. As it stands, the Lib is pointless, when you can achieve as much with a rocket pod ESF and don't have to wait for a gunner.
  11. Kurohagane

The problem is that the whole gun was balanced around the offset, which is a terrible idea in the first place. Now that the offset is gone, the Reaver has a nosegun literally superior in EVERY way. Faster bullets, more damage, less hits required, more DPS, more benefit per mag size cert, etc
  12. Charlie

So basically, I show you that numbers aren't all that relevant, and your rebuttal is just more numbers? I have plenty of co-pilots who will back up my experiences and agree with everything I said, all your reasoning falls apart in practice.

Also, if you're going to be so ******** by my response that you have to correct my grammatical errors, the least you could do is capitalise your own "P.S.". It's also supposed to be added after the main body of your letter, so well done with that one.
  13. Onetoo

He's right people, the only reason you might disagree with him, is because you simply aren't good enough to comprehend his genius.
  14. Awass

Who wants the Reaver to be nerfed? It has no advantages over the other ESFs?
    • Up x 1
  15. BarxBaron

lolwut

Because best hover thrust obviously sucks in helico....err...dogfights.
  16. TheRealMetalstorm

sounds good already
    you tried to, but you weren't convincing at all, your argument was "you can rarely one clip an esf"
    but I countered that:
    In those situations where you CAN one-clip an ESF, the reaver outperforms the other ESFs by a wide margin. So, in those situations, advantage: Reaver.

I also explained that the reaver's vortek wins at:
    1. Damage per second (for every second that the gunner is on target, the reaver does more damage than the scythe or the mosquito)
    2. Length of burst (the reaver can dish out said damage for a longer period of time)
    3. Damage per magazine (the reaver can dish out more damage before reloading than the other esfs)
    4. etc etc
    o_Oso even if you say that "this advantage doesn't come into play very often", it doesn't refute the fact that it IS an advantage.
    So say, in 10% of all situations, the reaver can use this advantage. So, it'll perform better than average 10% of the time, while the other ESFs are on par at all other times.
    Wait wut how does that make the reaver's vortek balanced again?
    I did not issue a full rebuttal, since you did not present a sound argument.
    Note: look up the definition of an argument lulz
    I have plenty of imaginary friends under 12 as well lmao
    OMG. U MAED MII MADS.
    I CRY 2 MAMA NAO.
    So wait, you just somehow had an issue with me correcting your grammar, and now you correct my uh... laziness?
    Well, meh.
    Here's what I have to say: LOL

Kid don't bother trying - you've been disproven with solid fact, it's better for your own sense of pride to just leave it like this.
    Did you know about encyclopaedia dramatica? Go check out it's origins. Learn from it.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  17. sindz

I hope they make teh scythe able to maintain hover while aiming downwards instead of dropping like a sack of potatoes (Which the scythe is the only ESF to do)

Also I want landing gear for my scythe so it doesnt slide around like every surface is made of ice.

Lastly, I want same bulletvelocity on main guns, as "no bulletdrop" matters nothing, nada, zero, bupkiss and zilch since the cof and bloom are crap and you couldnt even begin to use this "advantage" even if you wanted to on long range encounters. Not to mention things won't render and the other ESF hardly have any bulletdrop what so ever on their main guns.
  18. Kapernum

It has considerably stronger stock V.thrust than the rest.
    It has the strongest rotary by a fair margin.
    It has the fastest burst speed.

And yes, there have been talks about the Reaver's advantages in the hands of an experienced pilot long before the offset "fix". We'll see how they solve it but at least the devs are aware of the situation.
  19. TheRealMetalstorm

DB maxes nerfed to a good amount, no more region-wide AA, only point defense.
    Skyguards few and far between, if they're there, get your buddies on the ground to c4/rocket it, pretty easy.
    AA turrets are usually down when you have friendly armour, especially in tower fights.
    Can't think of anything else that I have issues with when I do a2g work. (I don't any more, because it's pointless, a 12/12 gal bomb run using 11 Light Assaults with c4 works better, I've used this method to completely clear armoured zergs before)
    Nope, our job is to have a single target marked, come in fast, unleash hell on it, and leave.
    ESFs are not meant to have any staying power.
  20. TheRealMetalstorm

10% DPS, way larger DPMag will also play a significant portion.
    Hitbox size is nothing at all when you can aim. I have no issues in my reaver fighting other ESFs.