New loadout menu... thingy

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Elia Chobanov, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Elia Chobanov

2. Elia Chobanov

It looks like the 4th, 5th and 6th are obtained if you are a member, the otther 4 you can buy in the depot. Not what I expected.
  3. Singed

Huh, I always thought three loadouts per class was a bit low, but I'm not sure what I would do with ten.
    Also I hope we can replace the numbers with text. As far as UI was concerned, I don't mind the current version.
  4. Bindlestiff

Yep, text for me is how I choose my loadout - not just where it is in the list.
  5. Cirevam

This will save me a few clicks when switching loadouts. I think I'll like it. I just hope numbers 4 through 10 don't show up unless I buy them. It would be a real pain if I accidentally click on 4 and a giant BUY MORE LOADOUTS NAO AT THE DEPOT ONLY 500 SC screen showed up.
    • Up x 2
  6. Consumer

Looks nice, although I hope that mousing-over a number shows the name of the loadout above it. Of course, as mentioned above, I'd also prefer if the other slots didn't show up at all for those who don't buy them.

Additionally, it would be nice if we could press keyboard digits to switch the loadouts on the equipment and deployment screens. Always found the mouse interface the clunkiest part of the loadout mechanic, not necessarily the drop-down menu itself.
  7. Backf1re

You guys know you can type a name for each load out right? It's the same pencil icon above the row of numbers.
  8. Torok

if only you could fast switch with 1,2,3,4...
    then i would be so much happy
  9. Ammathor

Double Click them and you'll immediately switch to that load-out.
  10. Torok

still too slow, i'd prefer to hit a key number and then enter, that would be a proper ui for an FPS, fast and responsive
  11. Neopopulas

Ten is a bit high, and i'll miss not having a name for the loadouts anymore. I don't want to have to remember 10 different loadouts on 6 classes. That's 60 variants to remember without anything to give you a hint.

This would be MUCH better as just a big dropdown list of text instead of 10 buttons without any text to tell you whats IN the loadout.

FYI after a quick check.
    Slot 1: Level 1
    Slot 2: Level 5
    Slot 3; Level 15
    Slot 4-6: Members
    Slot 7-10: Purchased.

I don't think i'll ever need more than the first 6 ANYWAY.. 6 is more than enough.
  12. Elrobochanco

Now we just need the ability to hotkey them to queue them before hitting the station or reloading. Like Alt 1-6 for class then Ctrl 1-0 for loadout slot (or something smarter).
    Then give an option to always auto resupply at stations, so you can just hit E and it loads your queued loadout without even opening the UI. Any actual loadout edits you do in your own class menu.

Yes I enjoyed tribes :p
  13. Cirevam

If you guys didn't know already, this happens if you click a loadout slot that you haven't bought yet. It brings up the subscription page if you click on 4-6 as those are the subscriber slots. So now there are seven wasted buttons on my loadout screens because I don't subscribe and I'm not spending five bucks per slot. At those prices, I'd rather buy camo...