Been away for a while. What's fun for you currently?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GruntOne, Jun 30, 2013.

1. GruntOne

Hello battle hardened veterans,

for some reasons I won't go into I've been away for about 2 months; I couldn't play anymore since early April. Now coming back, boy a lot has changed. ESFs seem to be able to live a lot longer, Burster maxes seem weirdly ineffective now but skyguards not, etc.

But this is not a whine thread about what I knew from back then doesn't seem to be really effective anymore (though let me shed a public tear here for the Vanu's uniqness that seems to have died with the old Saron on the Magrider; I really loved that thing, now it's just another samey gun).

My question is: What do you do that you think is the most fun thing in the game? Which class with which equipment. Or vehicle? As an example, I used to play Mag w/Saron a lot, found the Engi AV turret quite fun. I also played a lot with shotguns in close range quarters before it became an issue of complaints in the forum. I remember I wanted to either invest more in HA or MAXes.

I used to play a lot Engineer, a bit MAX (rarely and mostly anti-air), some HA and sometimes Sniper. I never play Medic or LA. Do you play any one of those classes? What's the most fun class in your opinion and why is that? What do you do with it that you find the most fun?

Thanks for any hints in playstyles or things that you do that you find fun. I have quite a bit of certs and even a couple of SC to spend and simply don't know what I should test out. So any help / info appreciated
  2. Maruun

Stopped playing Planetside 2 for more then two months now, instead looking at the ESport that is forming on Forumside 2 rather interesting matches there ;)
    • Up x 1
  3. gigastar

As always, the forums provide adequate entertainment while im burned out on the game itself for the time bieng.
    • Up x 1
  4. VanuSovereignty

SMG Infil/LA, NS-11A Medic, Scythe with racer and with/without pods, Magrider with AP/HEAT and a Saron and AP/HEAT lightning. Also: Knifing seems to be a lot more reliable as of late.
  5. jdono67894

I like to get long range A2A missiles and spam pilots with them before they know where I am or can get in range of me with their lame canon.
    The fun part is the hate /tells you get from people telling you how unskilled you are.
  6. Pikachu

I just gave a real shot at using tank and I like it. Now I want to do it all the time. Too bad I didn't think of this before resource change and HE nerf. :confused: I use lightning all the time because I like the speed and lower cost and the weapons shoot faster. I keep hoping of having the fun moment of shooting down an ESF in the air with a tank cannon. I succeded today for the first time, with HEAT.

I have also started to use fury on flash which is a lot of fun. I already liked flash a lot and now with this powerful weapon it's even better. :D I like to be the nut who drives his flash up the second floor in towers and shoot people with fury as they come out of the force fields. Friendly fire is a big issue though. :oops:
  7. Vanus Aran

:(

Well, I equipped Halberd but yeah it feels like a sad Saron-excuse with Bulletdrop to me.
    Just knowing I certed out the zoom is making me sad and full of regrets.
    The Saron is now worthless. Halberd is better against vehicles, Proton against Infantry.
    Saron cannot even oneshot Infantry anymore its so silly.

In the last weeks and days im often using Harasser by myself, trying something with Halberd or Proton.
    Sometimes with Turbo, sometimes with Shielddefusor and sometimes with Infantry-radar.
    The guy im always playing with is not as often online anymore. :|

And so I dont even do the effort of spawning a Magrider. Before I used the Magrider for AV and AI.
    But no matter if it can take more hits as the Harasser in most situations mobility is everything and its just a complete joke compared to the Harasser. Not to mention maybe you can even help out a stranded Max.
  8. WaiZen

Spray and pray Sauron.
    But seriously, the Saron is a really good all-rounder and the fact that it's "spammable" makes it fairly good at AI and AV.
  9. Brusilov [TR]

The only vehicle that still consistently entertains me is the Harasser!
  10. Vanus Aran

Its all about the highest damage in place where you need it.

The current Saron is A COMPLETE JOKE and contradicts what the VS empire is all about.
    Mobility and/or accuracy. The Saron is the biggest contradiction now in the whole game, going against the philosophy of its empire.
    ° If you spam it, you dont have any accuracy and therefore NO DAMAGE over range. WHY is a weapon that is in general unrivaled in a linear line of fire, weakened over range?!
    ° If you dont spam it to maintain accuracy, THE DAMAGE IS simply something that every Engineer on the other side can only laugh about.

What you describes means that one must come HUUUUGE close to its target.
    But a Magrider is not a close-combat Tank. Its a Medium- to Longrange-Tank that evades shots in order to prevail.
    If you close in -> you are a GIGANTIC target for all your enemys. Plus - your Tank will be gone veeeeeeery soon.
    Also you can "spam" Halberd or Proton as well you know?
    ° Proton even got Splashdamage and it accuracy does not drop no matter if spammed.
    ° Halberd does reliable damage against Turrets and Vehicles and it accuracy does not drop no matter if spammed.

The Saron can not compete. Not as Infantrykiller anymore, not as Armorbreaker anymore, as it cant as Allrounder.
    It is complete - useless - trash - now - that - is - only - unique - in - its - look. And I think many people will fall for this scam in the future. I think the only people not letting go off their Saron are only doing so because they dont want to cert anything else because THEEEEN, their certpoints would have truly gone to waste.
    And maybe they wait until they can certificate Halberd or something.

= The Saron should become just another charge-up weapon. =
    Accuracy always 100%, able to load all six Shots and fire only if let go intentionally.
    It would reward timing and skill. And then you could choose! Do you want to wait and unload a shot on maxlevel that is stronger as 6 normal shots? Or shoot 6 times without a drop in accuracy?
    Then the Saron would be still good. The current one is embarrassing and useless.
  11. IamDH

Faction Traits:
    TR can whine on a amazing ROF, but mostly doesnt hit the whine perfectly. And just spraying it everywhere and hope to hit something.
    NC has problems accuratly to whine, doesnt have the same ROF like the TR but when they whine and hit the spot it whines pretty hard.
    VC - well they just strafe around the whine the most time.

Lol