Will this game get more watered down for PS4?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhilDun, Jun 29, 2013.

1. PhilDun

Lock-ons have been consistently buffed over the past several months. In particular, the Striker has got its pathfinding ability majorly increased (it can turn 90 degree angles and can't be dodged anymore).

Is this a sign of what's to come? Can we expect more lock-on weapons in light of this game being ported over to the PS4? I'm genuinely interested in the direction the PC version of this game is going to go - do the devs plan on making this game more noob friendly (lock-ons/auto-aim features/etc.), or rewarding talent?
  2. Cab00se187

I think the real question should be - Do the devs plan on doing anymore work on this game instead of working on the PS4 version? Such as a new continent that was promised to be out by February and now pushed until september????
  3. PhilDun

True. The Infiltrator update was due out MONTHS ago, and we're just getting details on Sunday. The ESF update was supposed to be out already as well IIRC.
  4. TeknoBug

From what I'm seeing over the past few weeks, THIS version will be a mirror of the PS4 version- both the PS4 and PC is using the same architecture and hardware technology after all. The UI changes (flip through weapons on loadout and now buttons instead of list for loadout number).
  5. Zenith

Gah, cross platform nearly always screws the PC version, in one way or another. :(
    • Up x 3
  6. smokemaker

we are the beta for PS4

And lock on are fine
    There's a lot of them, but there are a lot of people too.
    The striker has a loud bark but wimpy bite.
    The fear it generates far out ways its actual killing power.
  7. Cab00se187

I'm not saying they'll stop working on it this version. I'm talking about how they are more focused right now on their PS4 version than this one at the moment. Hossin was suppose to be out in February man.
  8. IamDH

Alot of people with little amount of vehicles
    Problem
  9. DreamlessLiberty

Watered down? If anything this game needs to be watered down to achieve some balance. It has lots of jags.
  10. Tekuila

Lock ons are not fine. They need their old pathing back so that they hit mountains instead of dodging them.
  11. travbrad

They had to remake Indar and make it terrible first. Ruining a once good map obviously takes precedence over adding a great new map..
  12. Cab00se187

They could have easily ruined it after and by what way did they ruin it? Let me guess, Lattice, right? :rolleyes:
  13. DreamlessLiberty

The only thing they probably have to change about planetside 2 initially to make it work on the PS4 is making it controller exclusive. Using mouse and keyboard on a console for a FPS is lame. The result will probably be air battles that are way more fun. Infantry battles with autoaim that are more tactic and strategy dependant than twitch/aim dependant (due to joystick sensitivity not being as precise as mouse sensitivity). So not as much rocket launcher awping. Only problem they might run into is LA with C4 and tanks. They might have to give the tanks a 3rd person crosshair. And voila a perfect FPSMMO that probably plays better than the PC version. Only problem is you have to buy a PS4 and having invested in a fairly high end system that can run planetside 2 no problem the PS4 isn't at the top of my list of things to buy(xbox fan though I have disdain for halo).
  14. Zipper Bear

That is perhaps the most disgusting thing that could possibly happen to PS2, and I sincerely hope nobody in power of this game does this. If you don't want to use a keyboard+mouse on the ps4 then don't, but don't punish the rest of us.
  15. DreamlessLiberty

Keyboard + Mouse on a console!? Punishment for using a controller? I play console FPS with controller. They play fine to me. I play PC with mouse + keyboard. I guess it's personal preference but if you do mouse + keyboard for console everyone would have to use it or get completely owned which means you need a mouse pad or a surface for you're mouse so unless your like me sitting in a lazyboy with mouse on arm wrest controller only is probably better.
  16. Jimmuc

PS4 version has an entirely different team. What they make for the PC version comes first then it goes to the PS4 team to be fitted for the console.
  17. Tobax

They have a separate team for getting it onto PS4.
  18. RobotNinja

Console users aren't gonna put up with the crap PC users have been putting up with in PS2. They're not going to wait 6 months for whatever gamebreaking bugs/imbalance SOE introduced to the game when they patched it yesterday. They're not gonna put up with the constant nerfs after shelling out their milk money or begging their dad to use his credit card. They'll just go to the store, have their mom buy them the latest Call of Duty: Slightly Different Than The Last One and be done with it.
  19. Rift23

Show us on the doll where the console player touched you.