TR = worst faction. Enough is enough

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by stave, May 21, 2013.

1. MrHenderson

Stopping entire vehicle/air zergs via a few heavies with strikers isn't enough apparently.

What do you want- the mcg to have a zero cof?

Kids these days...I swear.
  2. HellasVagabond

What we have here is either A) A noob, B) A Troll or C) A Smokescreen.........
  3. DarkInnocence

Sigh. But I really hate the striker. I play TR and am loving it but I find the striker to be just utterly lame and boring with its lock on properties that can be found in so many other launchers. And having it magazine fed just nerfs the damage per shot. Overall, I am not complaining its bad. Just that when I use the striker, I think about the NC's Phoenix and VS' Lancer and envy their different mechanics and the cooler Empire Specific Rocket Launchers.
  4. Van Dax

I'd generally dismiss a difference that small, but if I had to guess its probably caused by two things.
    1. the repeater v the beamer, its always been obvious who the clear winner is here. The vanu have the worst pistols and if you snipe the sidearm becomes very important, the fact that the TR have a mini smg and the VS have an underbarrel flashlight with a handle shows a serious gap here.

2. A bit of a stretch but I'd say that the bulletdrop thing is hard to get used to average vanu. You need to have a BASR but up till this point chances are the VS guy has never even considered projectile drop and so they have to find out how the whole system works for one weapon. Combined that with the fact there is no rangefinder available it is probably slightly harder for a VS sniper to get started.

Oh yeah and triangular scopes are annoying.
  5. huller

Boy, you guys sure are out in force lately.

[IMG]
  6. stave

OK so the vs get zoe and the nc gets OP oneshot max....TR get maxes that stand in place so its easier to shoot them? when is SOE going to FIX this joke faction
  7. ColdCheezePizza

Switch factions then, what is stopping you? I guarantee you will be back here pointing out all the reasons why VS/NC suck eventually. It's like my GF best friend always complaining how other girls dont like her because they are stupid and nothing ever goes her way because other people, sometimes you just gotta take a deep long look in the mirror and realize hey maybe im part of the problem here.
  8. TeknoBug

Infantry guns: Overall yes I'd say worst arson of guns compared to VS and NC but some guns are quite good like the SABR-13 and T5 AMC (yes I said it). The T9 Carv USED to be a good all round LMG but I think devs changed it since almost every TR that played HA was using it instead of buying a sidegrade. I would have mentioned the MCG but since GU11, it's a little less fun to use with its annoying sideways recoil making it difficult to shoot at range with.
    MAX: Fracture > all... for now.
    Tank: Prowler is my favorite tank to drive, it's versitile since it can take out infantry and vehicles with little downside and very mobile since it's more agile and has a faster acceleration/deaccel than the other MBTs.
    ESF: Are you kidding? Mossies are the most annoying
    ESRL: Striker is the reason why just about everyone hates fighting TR and is required to pick up IR smoke or flares, Striker rounds goes through objects and terrain and rarely misses.
  9. Spookydodger

OK guns : personal preference. I rather like the TR carbines and do very well with them. The Gauss SAW is a powerful weapon but needs a lot of control to excel with it. The biggest problem I find with the stock TR LMG is that it obscures your target in ADS. However when I play other factions, the TR weapons seem to have no problem killing me. Not quite as easy as the VS weapons, not quite as powerful as the NC weapons, but a lot of spray to saturate the target.

Best stock max = most prolific MAX crash. NC splatterMAXes are indeed powerful, but their power mostly lies in player ignorance. Most people run from them and tend to travel alone in close quarters. If you travel in groups, and immediately pull your launcher when your friend gets pasted, that MAX is going down. TR MAXes have the best all-round damage stock weapons, and it doesn't take much to upgrade to a second chain gun. Lockdown may not be as useful as ZOE, but something had to bring VS MAXes out of the basement. I still see more TR MAXes on average, and more TR MAX crashes, than any other faction. Those numbers count.

Fastest tank. Fastest shooting tank. Best anti-infantry tank. Best close range AV weapon. The stock prowler is nearly the speed of a stock lightning, and with the inevitable racer frame upgrade, can give chase to stock speed harassers. Locking down is a big trade off, but there are plenty of places to hull-down behind a rock to really use it to your advantage. Two shots means never having to say "I'm sorry" to missed infantry. And the Vulcan is a beast at close range, better than any other AV secondary in that role, with the stock halberd doing nicely for long range fire.

Most nimble ESF. Mossies have generally the slimmest profile from all angles, while still having really good newtonian physics flight parameters. Reaver has better parameters, but is also easier to hit. Scythe is harder to hit, but has almost no newtonian physics. Mossies want to turn on a dime and so can easily aim in close situations, where as the Scythe's stability can work against it for that.

AV ESRL (currently). The NC Phoenix was awesome, but now it is mostly just gimicky and great under some situations. Same with the Lancer. The Striker is one of the biggest reasons, along with Lockdown Bursters, for there being so many Mosquitos in the air. I know a lot of people who say, out loud in platoon chat, that they aren't going to pull a vehicle because they are fighting TR. the Striker has terrain bugginess like some other launchers, and does more damage. It's fire and forget and forces pilots and tanks alike to RUN as soon as they get locked on. No other faction inspires that level of fear from lockons. The 5 hits is absolutely psychologically debilitating, as well.

Don't forget having the Vulcan on a Harasser, the most perfect mating of AV weapon with high-speed vehicle in the game.

Don't forget the Maruader, the x2 clip capacity, xLots ammo capacity, more deadly cousin to the once great Fury grenade launcher. Whether on tanks or other vehicles, it demolishes infantry with little chance to fight back. If you have even a Harasser camping a door with one of those, you better just find another door. No other faction can claim that level of lethality in AI secondary.

I don't know if you have or not, try to play characters on the other factions. It isn't all roses and sunshine. Yeah VS weapons have less recoil and faster reload, but it's because their rounds do less damage so you hit more but hurt less. Yes the NC MAX **ABSOLUTELY** will win in close combat versus an infantry or potentially even a MAX, but after that he's spent and vulnerable.

Games, like War, are won and lost in the mind long before they are lost on the battlefield. Perhaps the TR just doesn't tickle your fancy.
  10. Masterofm

The most basic rundown of TR

TR Infantry guns are meh for the most part. Some of them are good though. Not amazing, but pretty good solid weapons.

The TR Max's abilities are crap, but the fracture is a very good weapon and the mercy has such a terrible bullet spread linked with quite a bit of recoil making it a bad weapon compared to other max anti-infantry guns.

Mosquitoes are very very good if used correctly. They are actually better at ESF to ESF fighting, but sometimes a hovering reaper will be better, or a scythe podding a tank in the rear. Yet, in general, a mosquito isn't crap.

Prowlers are very good v. infantry but generally suck against other vehicles mainly because the main cannon is not centered which generally screws up the accuracy of most players at short and medium ranges (occasionally at long ranges but generally less so.) Also the pull from the first shot will generally throw you off your second shot making it less accurate overall. HE prowlers that weapon pull doesn't matter though against infantry because the second shot generally still kills the infantry dude. It can perform well in close quarters situations against other tanks with the right loadout and a good gunner, but it's not somehow more powerful then the other tanks.

Compared to shields and afterburner the prowler skill is pretty bad.

Striker is OP and bullnadgers. It really really is. Trying to say that they can dodge or get flairs doesn't make it not amazing somehow. It still has this wonderful ability to 1 clip a good amount of things. As a TR player I don't use it myself because I don't feel at this moment it takes skill to use. This can change in the future and will change, but for now it's stupid OP.
  11. NC_agent00kevin

This has to be a troll thread.

The Carv is a far better starting weapon than the SAW IMO. I dont use the SAW except in very specific circumstances, and typically only because I need to Auraxium it before I shelf it for good. The T9 Carv isnt the greatest weapon in the game, no - buts its a spectacular starting weapon. Ive got characters in all 3 factions and I like it the most of all HA default guns. The Orion is very nice too, but the 50 round mag is what puts it at #2. In fact, I like ALL of the TR starting guns far better than any of the NC starting guns and most of the VS starting guns.

The TR Max is functional at most ranges. Its more effective in Biolabs after the nerf simply because it can hang in areas where the NC Max cannot and still kill. Even pre-nerf, it was better EXCEPT in those tiny rooms that can be spammed with explosives from all angles to supress the NC Max. And guess what? You can use it outside of Biolabs too, in any base in the game. NC maxes are utter garbage unless you are in very tight quarters - then they are King. Your AV weapons are light years better than NC Max AV weapons.

Balanced Tank. Not worst, not best. No, it doesnt have a shield, but then again it moves a lot better than the Vanguard does. With a Vulcan on top its a devestaing tank - the Vulcan is good against everything in the game from enemy armor to Infantry to freakin ESFs. Most well balanced tank in the game.

Best ESF. It doesnt excel at any one thing, which is why its the best. Its the most balanced. It handles the best. Its ready for anything and everything; and shaped like a cigar, it has the best hitbox overall. Aside from that, the Scythe has the best hover and the Mossie has the best maneuverability. Not sure where you are coming upp with these 'facts'.

Dude...you have the best ESRL hands down. There is no question about it. Not only is it the best, but its buggy as heck. It often ignores flares and IR smoke, clips through terrain, can lock on at almost twice the max distance of the Phoenix and will indefinitely chase targets. It is a vastly imbalanced weapon not just for the damage and bugs, but its ability to keep the TR airspace clear - something the Glancer and Phoenix cannot do.

This has got to be a troll thread.
  12. Crashmatusow

TR is boring --yes. weak? hell no.