Constant Crashing again

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ian_M, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Ian_M

It seems the game is presently broken.
    Are SOE aware of this.
    There is constant crashes.
    Validated games assets
    No viruses.
    Internet connection working well.

Playing is becoming a complete waste of time sadly.
    Whinging in itself is probably pointless.
    I am hoping to find out if SOE are actually fixing this or maybe spend my valuable time playing the MANY MANY other free to play games out there.
    Anyone know if they are fixing it?
  2. EatMyShorts

Which version of nVidia drivers are you running. For now the system seems only to be stable with 314.22
  3. The_Red

If it can help the devs, i have this picture for you. You can see my CPU and RAM usage just before the game crash.
    [IMG]
  4. Hadrian

same , havent been able to play properly since the latest big patch , every instant action or load screen results in a ctd , previously this week without any error messages , now with ps2 has stopped working exe at least .
    im on thr latest nvidia drivers , cant really be fussed to roll back , should i have to when they are official sponsors , they both seem happy enough to associate their brands together , less happy to make sure their current builds work together
    • Up x 1
  5. Marsodian

Hey, yeah last night I reinstalled the game and I have not crashed since! :)

I also have the latest Nvidia Driver, with the new PhysX driver. This also seems to have fixed crashing due to PhysX (although it could have been my reinstall)

I find most problems occur due to files being messed up during updates, reinstalling the game almost always works.
    However I am still getting minor fps drops.
  6. vulcan78

So basically you uninstall the game and then re-download? All of your progress, items, etc is retained? What a pain in the neck. Can't believe how unplayable this game is with PhysX with zero help from SOE. Are they working on it? What is going on? Do we have to contact/email Nvidia? Do we have start a petition? Are they even aware of the problem? (I couldn't find any public acknowledgement of the sorry state of PhysX, but maybe I didn't look hard enough). I mean, having the game crash aver 15-30 minutes is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.
  7. Marsodian

You retain everything apart from your settings, like mouse sensitivity, but you can just take a note of it :)
    I remember them saying back when they took some effects out, they were removing the effects which seemed to be causing the MOST problems :)
    But they just seem to screw it up more all the time xD

They do know there are problems, and chances are they are trying to fix them without telling us, and that is why things keep braking :D
  8. vulcan78

Well I'm reinstalling the game, I copied my UserOptions.ini onto the desktop and will probably just transfer over the non-graphical related settings. I will also switch back to the latest driver, including its PhysX driver. So I will be solely on the graphics options available in menu/in game, fresh install, and latest driver. Got a bad feeling I will be in crash city again, don't really believe anything in existence fixes this aside from SOE actually addressing the problem.

Also willing to bet that you have experienced a crash yourself since your last post, Marsodian.

If this doesn't work I might put this down for good until they fix it, it really isn't enjoyable to get a CTD a minute before the end of an alert or while dog-fighting in a Scythe and losing 250 Aviation points and having to wait on an acquisition timer. THE CRASHES REALLY RUIN THE GAME.
  9. Blinklys

Can't believe this game is actually getting worse every damn update. Tonight I had like 8-9 crashes in 3 hours of ops. Before the latest update Ì had like 2-3 since december. And the freaking stuttering? The words I want to express will get cencored, so best gfto.
  10. Blinklys

¤#"%"¤#&"!!!