OHK Anti Vehicle weapons vs Inf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HellMarch666, Jun 27, 2013.

1. HellMarch666

Mattherson Server : Using Nanoweave 4/5 & had the nanite mesh generator active at full shields while strafing with the Striker equipped. OHK by a VS (1/3 Harraser) driver using the Halberd from over 50 yards away. Horse****.
  2. gartho33

so let me get this strait... u caught a rocket to the face and died.... and u think u should still be alive? "but i was strafing".... so.. how long between the A and the D? not hard to figure out that one.. at that range I'm thinking u either walked into it or got tunnel vision...

note: if it was a saron... thats just bs.. good shootin.. but bs...
  3. Elrobochanco

It's not an impossible feat for tribes/quake players. But I can see how it might appear that way if you are leaning on a striker.
  4. NccWarp9

:))) Striker user .. go hide in the hole, you skill less baboon.
    • Up x 1
  5. PieBringer

Nanoweave only provides 250 extra HEALTH. That's an increase from 1000 health (50% shields, 50% actual health) to 1250.

If you didn't already know: When you are hit directly by an explosive round of any sort, you still take the splash damage from it. I have survived a direct hit from a tank round using rank 4 Flak armor and full NMG.
  6. Alarox

So a guy had the balls to hop out of his driver's seat, switch to a slow firing anti-tank missile launcher, and hit a strafing infantry target in the chest from 50m at the risk of being nailed for 2500 damage.

Props to him.
    • Up x 4
  7. sSie

Serves you right for using the Striker.
    • Up x 2
  8. Playful Pony

The only thing I get out of this thread is that the gunner in question had some mad skills, or was extremely lucky. I'm guessing the second one, but then again I have seen some incredibly skilled players in this game... A particular Liberator and a Magrider comes to mind, both of which completely destroyed us with some incredible flying/driving and shooting.

I saw my friend in his lightning hit and kill a moving Mossy at 600+ meters with 2 (!) shots. The first one when it was drifting lazily, the second one as it darted for safety. Incredibly and impossible shots happen at times, you should be impressed at the guy not angry.
  9. Fang7.62

How far was the harr? If he was within dumbfire range, which is usually the case with harrs and you stood there still waiting for the lockon, you kind of deserve it. Lockon launchers just arent made for that. The stupidest striker users take this even further by standing still and staring at your tank after you popped smoke and they wait all the time before they can lock on again despite being like 50m away.. shell/rocket to the face it is then.
  10. SolidSnake

So... rocket to the face is supposed to OHK? You should let my Phoenix launcher know that.
  11. FateJH

Let me throw out, for the sake of completion, that there is no counter for direct explosive damage. Flak Armor is only for splash but a body shot of rocket or explosive AV projectile deals the shot's full damage.

Your Phoenix launcher isn't restricted to straight lines or rendering properly (I still only see a small percentage of Phoenix rockets). Even the subtlies of game mechanics that only a handful would bat an eye at can become suspect if you overly-saturate a person's experience with it.