Planetside 2 no Place for Dedicated Drivers & Pilots?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KlyptoK, Jun 22, 2013.

1. IamnotAmazing

yeah that would be pretty cool, wait people actually use fire suppression on a tank, what kills you that wouldn't blow you up?
  2. KlyptoK

Well, I'm still enjoying it too now that I activated Alpha Squad and have had more time to play it through.

Like I said, not everyone is though:
    I have people I know waiting literally an hour before they can pull a tank.

This is further complicated by the fact that players do not gain resources while offline. So if they were empty when they logged off they will be empty when they log on.

Well certing that was more of a vanity thing so that I could someday say "herp derp I certed 100% of everything there is to cert on the Vanguard."

Fire suppression on a tank is as equally rare as a C85 Enforcer. Meaning nobody uses it.
  3. Winfield

No thanks, I had enough of EVE online's way of "playing the game".

Progressing while not playing the game is NOT PLAYING THE GAME. SIMPLE AS THAT.
  4. KlyptoK

I would think you would be more against me getting 48 certs each day just for logging on instead of getting 450 of each resource.

Resources aren't really on that same level of "progress".

I mean, honestly, I can just leave my computer running with my character auto-running into a wall and then set a scheduled task to shut the PC down after an hour or so to achieve the same effect.
  5. Winfield

Resources don't progress you in any way or form.
    Sure, you get to requisition something out of it but it doesn't mean you get a straight upgrade for your weapons or armor like certs do(ok they do, but a small amount of what you REALLY want).
  6. KlyptoK

Wait what?

http://3.bp.************/-fWovowwYAPY/UaPHlE0KpRI/AAAAAAAABA0/8DIVYo3ImXw/s1600/m222591148.Gif

I think I got lost in this conversation. D:

I'm not blaming you for it or anything, I just don't understand what just happened.
  7. Winfield

Too high on tequila to answer at the moment, I'll check back on this sh#t once I've cleared up in the morning.

For now, good night fellow player.
  8. Ranik

9. Winfield

I don't do drugs, but I'm still bad! What does Mister Mackey have to say about that?

...anyway,,I need sleep. goddamn you. you kept me awake for that much longer
  10. Winfield

No, actually wait, what the ****. I have to reply to this.

I was saying that the resources you gain only gain you tanks, resources(mines,c4,grenades,etc) to use whilst certs actually gain you something worthwhile. Where was I wrong here?.

Those vehicles are only going to be of minimal use to you if you don't have any certs in them.
  11. KlyptoK

No I mean my main point was why do players not receive resources while they are offline?

Then I thought you took up the stance that you didn't want resources to be like EVE Online where things progress passively even while offline which is why later I was confused. Maybe I just didn't understand it clearly.
  12. Bhudda V1

i was thinking that bringing back some of the smaller restrictions in ps1 like no ha's in the driver seat of mbt's and lightnings (but gunner's fine) might be a good way to add some more depth making it so using a mbt as a taxi for a ha at least isn't doable also a pilot cert that you gain when you rank up to give ranking up some meaning and restrict vehicle usage would be another way of reducing vehicle spam effectively like ps1 but ultimately only having so many piloting cert's, enough to get some vehicles but not all of them
  13. Ronin Oni

^Definitely agree.... when logging on people should have resources. I would say 400-500 per 24 hours capping at 500 resources.

I would also increase the maximum resource pools to 900-1000

I'd cut this off at level 5. These values are fine... particularly combined with the above passive offline gain and larger pool.
  14. KlyptoK

I was actually thinking of more like this as a revised version:
    • Level 1 - 10 certs - reduce cost to 440 resources
    • Level 2 - 100 certs - reduce cost to 430 resources
    • Level 3 - 300 certs - reduce cost to 420 resources
    • Level 4 - 500 certs - reduce cost to 410 resources
    • Level 5 - 1000 certs - reduce cost to 400 resources
    • Level 6 - 1500 certs - reduce cost to 390 resources
    • Level 7 - 2000 certs - reduce cost to 380 resources
    • Level 8 - 4000 certs - reduce cost to 370 resources
    • Level 9 - 5000 certs - reduce cost to 360 resources
    • Level 10 - 10000 certs - reduce cost to 350 resources
    I still want to keep the values above what it was before (250), but I also don't want everyone and their friend Bob to have it down to 350 after playing for only 6 months. That just makes it Tankside again.

Certing to reduce the cost of something should take serious consideration because of the amount of certs it will take.
  15. GraphicJ

I'm a dedicated pilot and I have no problem with the new resource system.
    I also do not have a problem with my tank usage as I don't use it like crazy. Try the harraser, that little tyke is as strong and powerful as a tank if used correctly.
  16. Ranik

Ummmm.....o_O
    • Up x 2
  17. Roy Teppert

They want you to get a membership. If you're a free player, a vehicle is something you can have occasionally, but you're not going to be able to use them exclusively. That's just part of the free 2 play model.
    • Up x 1
  18. Rothnang

The current resource system is unfortunately really broken. Instead of presenting you with a choice of what unit or equipment you want that has to be periodically made it hands you resources and then encourages you to spend as much as you can so your pools don't cap. This leads to people spamming units like crazy just because the system actually encourages it, while at the same time screwing over anyone who actually has a particular dedication to any one unit, because the resource system let's you frivolously spam anything unless you actually want to use the same thing for a length of time.
  19. THUGGERNAUT

and this is exactly what is wrong with the game, ladies and gentlemen.
  20. Shoza Nakh

I can be described as dedicated tank driver probably, last weeks I spent 50% of my game time in Vanguard or Harasser. I ran out of resources once or twice, generally because NC had almost no territories to collect em. Problem was solved by backup Vanguard of my dedicated gunner, maybe it less certed, but it gave us some time to collect resources for shiny new killing machine.

Resources mean something right now and it's fair. Then NC short on territories I drive my Vanguard much more careful. My tank can live 3 minutes or 3 hours, respawn timer certs reduce my downtime if I lost Vanguard too fast due to bad driving, bad circumstances or game bugs. Respawn timer certs not supposed to make me able spawn endless tanks in no time.