The impetus...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Scorchclaw, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Scorchclaw

Am i the only one who makes use of this suprisingly good mid-close range rifle?

As an up close and personal infiltrator who loves semi-auto rifles, this gun is pretty good, and with the new cloaking update it is much more effective at close range.

Anyone else use the impetus or the vs/tr equivalent
  2. Fredders

I have it unlocked, but I mainly use it just for fun. It is effective at medium range combat but I use the cyclone most of the time. When I do use the impetus its usually because I want a change of pace or want to do something different.
  3. AnuErebus

I used the KSR for awhile but meh, it's readily outclassed by the semi-auto scout rifles. Problem I had was on paper it's supposed to be 3 body shots up close but it's routinely 4 which is the same number as the semi-auto scouts so I might as well go with the gun that has a better fire rate, way better recoil and no sway on anything below the 6x scope. I find the semi-autos in general are more weapons to use for fun, not for uber effectiveness. I am a semi-auto fanatic in games so I do use the ones we have but they still could use some work before they become as useful as SMGs and Bolt-Actions.
  4. Plague Rat

The impetus was the first gun I got really good with when I first stared playing infiltrator way back at the end of last year, mostly because it was a lot like my slug shotgun that I had been using on my other classes

I think the reason I don't use it as much anymore is the CoF hit a sniper rifle takes while moving as well as the bloom per shot. Both are quite dramatic, so I mostly use the scout rifles for mid range purpose if I need to move around a lot, but if not, such as a defensive battle where I don't need to advance quick so frequently, it's definitely an option.

One of the big reasons I do still use the Impetus is to throw a suppressor on it. Because it has a little more velocity, better top end damage, and less of a bullet drop rate, the negatives of the suppressor brings to the table don't hurt it as badly when used as a mid-range weapon. I was actually using it like that just a few hours ago. Went on a nice little streak.
  5. Batisat

I tried it out at the VR room, it feels nice. But has a LMG reload for some odd reason.
  6. EViLMinD

I use the Impetus with grip, 4x and suppressor (sometimes without). I tried iron sights and 2x, but the 4x worked best. This is an effective weapon for taking defensive positions in big fights with multiple targets.

When the SRs got that big buff awhile back, the Shadow proved to be a better option for most situations, though. The Impetus is harder to use while moving as it demands stillness and trigger discipline to overcome its huge cof.
  7. Granderil

I use Phantom VA23 (VS equivalent), working on auraxium. V3 holo (3.4x) scope is most comfortable to use imho.
  8. klor

Impetus is a lot of fun to use. If you like the semi auto playstyle it's amazing. I used it frequently before they added smgs.
  9. Linheru

I use both Phantom and Nyx extensively, and I have to say that while 4x feels great on Nyx, I like 2x on Phantom due to the scope sway.
    Phantom can be a beast even in cqc situations due to the fast fire rate. I <3 it ^^