GU11 Performance Kills!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zagareth, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Zagareth

I've never got so many suicides before this update. Every 2nd death is a suicide crash caused by the stuttering performance in big battles. It's pure luck to stay alive when I'm going to fly with my ESF through the center of any big fight area, Even in not so heavy fights, the performance (FPS) is so bad that it is really hard to fly close curves and get a chance in dogfights, because the steering (Im using mouse/keyboard) seem to have the same delay as the framerate.

However, the GU10 (and former GUs) framerate and performance was way better and smooth to fly. But now, it's no fun anymore. I even reduced my resolution to 1360x768 (from 1600x900) and it's still worse than before.

So please fix it finally
    • Up x 1
  2. Codeak

honestly? you shoulda been here for GU2 haha
  3. llPendragon

Honestly, I'd love to see them release just once without f-ing up the game for weeks. They're breaking more then they're fixing almost every time.
  4. Cab00se187

Specs or you're just trolling
  5. Alarox

6. Slywether

This is the best the game has ever performed for me....relatively stable 30-60 as in ever other game I still play. Never less than 20. Not full ultra, but where I like it, and FAR from low, or even high at that.

i7-2600
    8gb
    gtx560 1.5gb @ 1080
    128mb ssd

My sexy sager laptop is still beast mode! Though in the past it's always just been constant crashes or known issues ruining my gameplay experience, not so much frame loss or lag.

$1187 very well spent almost 3 years ago :)
  7. Tommyp2006

I've noticed a drop in FPS this patch as well, heck I was only getting 40 in the warpgate, where I usually get around 60-80. It's not much worse in big fights, and I didn't have any FPS drops until I started flying. For some reason, when I tried to fly today, I was getting MASSIVE FPS drops when flying near one of the big rock spikes near Vanu Archives.
  8. Madmojo

Try updating your video driver. I updated to a beta version and it helped tons.
  9. Zagareth

I'm here since early beta dude, I know all the "bad patches"
  10. Zagareth

My Specs are above the "Recommended System" requirements

Recommended System

• OS - Windows 7
    • Processor - Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
    • Memory - 8 GB RAM
    • Hard Drive - 15 GB free
    • Video Memory - 1,024 MB RAM
    • Video Card - nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
    • Sound Card - DirectX compatible

I think I can expect better performance for a recommended system, even the minimum system reqirement should perform better
  11. drill_sarge

Only time I had worst performance than GU11 was at release day. :(