[Suggestion] An Idea to add to Galaxys

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Marsodian, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Marsodian

I thought that it would be cool if Galaxys could have a ramp at the back for infantry to walk in to rather than just teleporting inside it. The ramp would also close and open keeping anything inside safe.

I think that this would work best with entry/exit animations like Planetside 1 vehicles.

- The pilot would walk into the back via. the ramp and enter a door at the far side, entering the cockpit.
    - As for the gunners, they would have seats with screens and controls in-front in the main compartment.
    - All other infantry on-board would just simply have seats against the walls of the galaxy.
    - When the galaxy lands it would "deploy" and the back ramp would open, and you could hop inside by pressing "e" at the ramp.
    - When players are inside, the could use a 1st or 3rd person camera, including the gunners.

For Gal Drops:
    - The pilot can press a key in flight to open the ramp, when this ramp is lowered the pilot can lock the galaxy (using a key rather than the Page down key menu) causing all the people inside to start an animation where they get out oftheir seats and run and jump off of the galaxy out of the ramp.
    Deployed Galaxy:
    - The deployed galaxy would have an open ramp and an infantry terminal on the side (much like the sunderer) but would not be used as a spawn point.

I do realise this would take some work to implement, but even a cert to deploy the galaxy with a terminal would be nice.

what do you guys think? :)
    • Up x 4
  2. xZilez

3. Tommyp2006

To add to this, would be nice for every vehicle to have enter/exit animations. You know, like they had way back in planetside 1 10 years ago...

Also, vehicles having actual interiors would be awesome.
  4. zib1911

5. DJStacy

Yeah cool idea and would work for loading a lightning/harraser inside as well.
    I've always wanted bomb doors that could be opened with a bombadier seat, and who ever sits in the seat has a camera looking straight down at the ground when the doors open. They are the ones that let the bombs fall on the target, you could have different bomb types as well.
    Obviously there would be a trade off for passenger seats to make room for the bombs, be a cool feature tho.
  6. Joshinya42

Please more lag! Yes!
  7. TWolfJaeger

Yes, because no matter how many people, vehicles, planes, turrets, guns, explosions, smoke effects, bullets, rockets, grenades, particles, trees, plants, rocks and bases are on your screen...

...it's the geometry inside a Galaxy that's going to choke your computer to within an inch of its life.
    • Up x 1
  8. Joshinya42

Negative, sir

It is even considering adding things like vehicle animation cutscenes to a action mmo fps that will verifiably choke my computer within an inch of its life
  9. Marsodian

Agreed! I always wondered why they removed them...
  10. Marsodian

Surely a simple fixed animation would take less resource than tracking the player? I don't see how this could effect the fps a lot.
    It's not like there are going to be people constantly running in and out of a galaxy ON THE GROUND in the middle of a huge battle...
  11. Marsodian

Yeh this would be cool! they really need to expand the galaxy :D
    And as for vehicles, it could also be a trade off cert, like only gunners and a lightening, or 2 passengers and a harasser/2 flashes. would be awesome!