Why Merge Waterson and Matterson ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Machinegun Psycho, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Czuuk

Then by all means advertise for more VS, but for the love of hybrid alien space baby jebus we don't need a another server merge.

Looking back through the data, Waterson and Matherson appear to maintain a higher minimum population at off times than other servers.

In order for your argument to carry weight, you will need to provide a much more detailed analysis of the data. Picking a snap shot of a moving daily average as an argument is a bit bunk.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ghosty11

Nah we have TR and NC VS alts that take care of that.:p
  3. Machinegun Psycho

OK then if you all think a merge is not the solution

But then what could be done to ensure that the population stay even between factions on every continenents ?

I really wish to hear the devs about this case cause right now i think we have a crisis that will lead to more rage-quiting

I love this games even if i play VS underpopulated on Waterson , Thanks to my oufit ARZR (great groupe of guys there) , but i must say that some times i get i bit depress when i see the state of the population. I am the kind of guy that chose a game and only play it until the end, dont want see that happening. I chose VS and Waterson ill always be loyal to my faction. i have great difficulties too see that players can switch team on the same server.
  4. chrisbeebops

Pretty easy solution. For every percentage point your world population is above 35%, you deal 10% less damage. For every percentage point your world population is below 31%, you deal 10% more damage.

I think you will find the populations even out rather quickly as people on the overpop faction either switch to get the buff or ragequit because of the buff.
  5. ItsJustDash

Nope NO MORE MERGES :eek:
  6. NinjaTurtle

Forcing it is something I doubt they have the guts to do. The backlash would be severe, it would set a precedent that they could move your character on a whim if they so choose to balance a server.

Although that may sound reasonable from a game balance point of view I doubt many players would be happy in a situation where SOE could just move them without any say so at all.

The only way they could do it is to prevent the creation of new characters based upon an empires population per server. A new player has nothing invested in the game and if they are just trying the game out and have no friends already playing the game they most likely would not care what server they ended up on. Eventually with a system like this the populations should eventually balance. Quicker if transfers are included with similar restrictions
  7. SgtBreastroker

lol he thinks Mattherson and Waterson have bad pops.
  8. Phrygen

because you can't merger servers from different regions.

Duh
  9. Fanaticalist

You really don't want this. Having Connery and Helios merge has been pretty nightmarish at times. The lag can get horrible on servers that rarely, if ever, lagged before and I can't say that a more populated server has really added anything to the game. I could find fights before and I can find fights now.
  10. Eyeklops

"Size. Does. Matter." Honestly though, I don't think the servers could handle the load without Hossin. Which is concerning because the Mattherson population problem is growing worse. IMO, the big question is: Will Hossin be out in time to avert a total population collapse on Mattherson? That's assuming popular opinion believes Mattherson hasn't reached the point of no return already. Debatable for sure.

I would really like to see SOE be more proactive and offer free "Outfit transfers" between Waterson & Mattherson based upon empire need. At this point, it might be a smart business move for SOE to incentivise population balance. Toss out a free unique weapon for players of outfits that commit to the move and actually show they play there. Probably a moot point as it appears SOE is just going to wait for Hossin and do a merge.
  11. Ash87

Mattherson has become a Joke. That is one of the few situations where I am okay with some extreme measures to correct population imbalance. I mean the obvious solution is to get some Mattherson VS guys to go to Waterson.
  12. MorganM

Then Matherson will never merge with anyone and your pop imbalance will always suck.

TR is over popped on Waterson and they have a dedicated TR playerbase outside of prime-time for that server so there's always too many TR now. NC is pretty high and can sometimes out pop TR. VS has always been way under pop'ed on Waterson.

I'd love to see Waterson merge with a server that has high VS pop and low TR / NC. Would really help balance out the two servers. NC used to be just as under pop as VS on Waterson but we merged with Jeager and got a big NC boost; it was a great thing and I'm glad it happend.
  13. Eyeklops

Exactly. I wasn't finished with the post you quoted and mentioned "incentives to move" as a possible solution.

Much to the dismay of my outfit mates, I simply refuse to play VS Mattherson when pops get over 38%. It's not about difficulty in finding good fights, it's about the principle of willfully making a serious problem worse.
    • Up x 2
  14. Pat Cleburne

Yea, but forcing players on underpopulated sides to suffer just because you don't want to anger those on the stacked sides is also causing backlash. It seems to me that fair gameplay for all players would trump hurting a few players feelings.
  15. EliteEskimo

Grampa Vanu Approves of Your Honorable Actions:cool:

[IMG]
  16. Stew360

WANT THIS merge matherson and waterson ASAP
  17. TeknoBug

Even if Waterson and Mattherson merges, the scale of fights still won't be as boig as Woodman's, the lag and the wait tim to even log in gets outrageous there.

But yeah those two servers would solve the VS and TR population issues.
  18. gommer556

yes, i play NC on waterson and i have to say that the VS waterson folks are probably the most organized group in the entire game.
  19. Ibuprofen

Vanu are definitely the most underpopulated on Waterson, so it could only have a favorable effect on overall pop balance.
  20. VinLAURiA

VS are perpetually underpopulated on Waterson. Trust me, with the numbers OP posted, the crowded Mattherson VS would actually balance us out and we'd be right about even with the other two again.