Why Merge Waterson and Matterson ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Machinegun Psycho, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Machinegun Psycho

Why?

because the population of the 2 servers have already declined to such an extent that during rush hour it reaches only 2800-3400 players on it's servers. When we know that the maximum is 6000 players per server at the same time and it is 2000 players per map. Devs told us that Hossin is about to be delivered, which gives us 2000 more spaces.

Friday night (Prime time between 9 pm and 10 pm) Population/ Faction

Waterson: 2974 VS:847 TR:1089 NC:1038
    Materson: 3136 VS:1175 TR:903 NC:1058

THe Big Probleme for me is between maps.
    With those kind of number factions choses their maps so you always have almost all the population of a faction in one maps and the others are almost empty. there must be somthings taht dev cant do.
    I stil think that sanctuary and continent lock is the solution.
  2. Nocturnal7x

wait, whats the waterson vanu pop like? because if the answer is any, than no, can't merge the 2 servers. Vanu will be too over pop.
  3. DanGadelha

I'm not saying you're wrong... im just curious on how you got to this exact numbers.
  4. Ash87

No.

The lag would be horrible, there is no reason for this merge as both are the 2nd and 3rd most populous servers, so why on earth would you merge them to one mega server?

Hossin isn't released for months, there is no point in adding this in until we see how Hossin changes things.

Why not merge smaller servers into larger servers?

I could go on... but to summarize: No, this is a stupid idea.
    • Up x 3
  5. InMedeasRage

Give one big Waterson TR outfit a free move and one big Matterson VS outfit a free move to the other server.

Alternatively, we could merge the two and have constant, heavy fighting on each continent regardless of the alert type.
  6. VSDerp

give me a free move to waterson
    • Up x 1
  7. KlyptoK

3,500 + 3,500 = 7,000 The current maximum server capacity is barely 8,000 with 6,000 being actual combat.

And this is just on weekend, not double EXP weekends where there is a 100+ waiting line to get out of the VR.

This merger between two of the most populated servers would not work unless we had at least 1 - 2 more continents to hold them all.
    • Up x 1
  8. CrimsonDaemon

I'm very dubious of this idea. I think as of right now, a merger wont benefit either server. It could result in queues during prime time which no one likes to deal with. When there are more options like when Hossin rolls around or if the game starts hemorrhaging more players with some exceptionally ******** design, we can consider a merger a good course of action.
  9. Badname3073

I am thinking of making a VS character on Waterson (I already have a TR there), although I am a little scared. Rumor has it that the VS on Waterson are so badass that they will probably TK me right in the warpgate for not being badass enough.
    • Up x 2
  10. DeadOnArrival

My understanding is this has been tried. The outfit in question declined to be moved. Why go to where you do not have a pop advantage.?
  11. Mythicrose12

That's still better than being NC on Waterson. Many of them are so derp, they TK because they legitimately belive you're a hostile in the warpgate. TR team kill...just to team kill. They get bored camping them spawns waiting for VS to poke their heads out.
  12. Whiskey Victor

Just get the transfer tokens out already.

However, don't allow transfers where factions are out of whack (i.e. you can't move a VS char to Matherson, No NC or TR to Waterson, etc.). Tokens with restrictions will promote equalization.
  13. Accuser

On Waterson there are regular ques for the most popular continent (Indar or alert).
    A merge would make it impossible for non-members to ever participate in a single-continent alert, and leave them with 30 min ques if they want to play on Indar.

We need more VS on Waterson, but not a server merge.
    • Up x 2
  14. vincent-

We kick *** odd enough were smart about our battles but we can't win with numbers alone. The same goes with Matt tr if they plan good than you might find balance with the merge.
  15. Pat Cleburne

They already tried to get TEST to transfer to Waterson which was declined. What Mattherson vs is going to freely jump off the gravy train? The developers are going to have to force this if they want to balance servers.
  16. Machinegun Psycho

I took my numbers from http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php

If you look Friday night June 21 Primetime is 7-10 pm for the 2 servers
    after 10 population declined quite quickly.

I aggree with you that without Hossin released its pretty on the edge

But what i want for this game is every Continent at full capacity in every faction if not at least 2 faction a full capacity.

They should really put a balanced dynamic systeme on the population of each continents

OR

If they put lattice on every continents and inter-continent
    with continent Lock and a Sancturay (That can be the virtual trainning ground )
    put 1 or 2 continent more

I reallly think we will be pretty close from the macanics of PLanetside 1 and that will be awsome !!!
  17. Machinegun Psycho

Never seen any queue on waterson,

Ho i play VS that is why :S
  18. Revanmug

Every continent at full capacity with a queue to log in the server and a queue to get off the VR (something waterson did experience a few time) is a pretty ******** idea. Plain and simple.

I can also tell you it's going to be laggy. Awfully laggy. The kind of lag that was putting alot of people off because it is mostly unplayable.
  19. ReconTeemo

merge = lag, lag, lag, more lag, fps will be 10-20. Do you want that?.
  20. Daibar

generally VS is around 24-29% world pop, when things are really bad, we see 20% worldpop vs 40% TR and 40% NC.

it's a pain in the @$$ fighting 80% pop i dont mind telling you, but since i hear stuff about matherson i'm guessing you already have had that experience.