As a big spender, I only have this to say.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Black March, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Roy Teppert

It's not their fault you're an impulse buyer. It's not that they have poor customer service, it's that you have poor self control. If you absolutely WANT something RIGHT NOW, something that you by all means don't NEED, then you are going to pay full price. It's as simple as that.

You know what I do? I only buy SC during a double SC weekend, and also almost entirely buy things that are on sale or in bundles. Do I need that brand new camo or shiny new helmet that does absolutely nothing to improve the game other than what my character looks like to other people? Absolutely not. And you know what? I have just as much fun as you.

Learn to control your shopping addiction (maybe this is something you should ask your doctor about), and stop blaming someone else for the decisions you make.
  2. Makora

My friend went :eek: when I told him there are rare occurrences of double/triple station cash days. He didn't really believe me but he's also one of those who buy all kinds of weird crap from the game. As he likes to call it "Hatside 2"

But to the OP: hey, your money, you do what you want with it! If you want to spend on the game, DO IT! Let no one tell you otherwise. Most are just jelly.
    But 500 dalla?! :eek:
  3. Shuay

I am also tired of feeling as if I've been ripped off. Sales and bundles only tease me and make me feel like a stupid customer.
    • Up x 1
  4. Daikar

Here's a company that does this, http://www.mediamarkt.com/
    If you buy an item from them and they lower the price or have it on sale within one month from when you bought it you can go back and get your money back.
  5. KlyptoK

This is completely ridiculous.

I'm sorry, buy this is like asking McDonalds to give you all the coupons they can before you order because it wouldn't be "fair" that somebody from somewhere else came in and had a coupon.
    • Up x 3
  6. Daikar

Then you simply don't understand what the OP is trying to tell SOE.

Think of it like this.

You and your friend buys item X from two different stores for the same price €299.
    The next day both stores have it on sale for €249 and the store your friend bought it in gave him a refund and the store you bought it from didn't. What store are you going to buy from the next time you buy something?

The OP is an unhappy customer and SOE can make him happy without losing anything so not doing that is just stupid.
    • Up x 3
  7. KlyptoK

I have never seen a free to play online game retro-actively refund prices because of sales.

The same is when I can't go to the gas station and demand money back because the price is 20 cents lower per gallon today and use the argument that my supermarket refunded me for the difference on the sale for milk.
    • Up x 1
  8. Terrex

I've never felt SOE appreciates their paying / loyal customers and players. Not listening to the community, half-as updates............
    • Up x 1
  9. GrandRise

True, their sales strategy worked perfectly . Their main goal is to give out expensive item, and they aim on the so called "sales" to invite people buying it. Either way, they still can get cash from it.

Oh yeah, also wait for double exp weekend!
  10. Daikar

I've never seen a game do that either but that doesn't mean they shouldn't do it.

Comparing an in-game item that has a full price and sometimes goes on sale to Gas that never goes on sale and has a daily price is just wrong and I'm sure you just made a mistake there. Comparing it with a TV or something like that works better.

So
    "The same is when I can't go to the electronics store and demand money back because the price is 20 dollar lower today and use the argument that another store refunded me for the difference on the sale for a TV"

And yes, yes you can and you should demand a refund in that situation.
  11. Ronin Oni

Somebodies never heard of a sale....
  12. Ronin Oni

I've never seen ANY MERCHANT AT ANY TIME IN HISTORY EVER give refunds to prior customers because they have a sale or the price of the item drops...

FFS some of you people
    • Up x 1
  13. Curse_Gamerkin

Victor goes to tortoise. those who wait and are patient, when i make a purchase without a sale i tell myself im paying full and it might go on sale at any time or later, but i rly wanted it. so thats ok. But huge bundle for 90% off o.o that huge and now i spent all my SC. Good thing i have most of what i want, skull helms suck, and most the camos are crap.
  14. KlyptoK

Yeah electronics would be closer, but that's not the point though. The reason I mention a gas station and a supermarket is that they have nothing in common other than they sell things, change prices, and take money. The same goes with comparing companies like SOE with other IRL stores who refund you the difference.

I also mentioned a supermarket because usually people use their local supermarkets refunding them the difference in prices as an argument in threads like these, which is an entirely different type of goods. You don't need Station Cash to survive, but you certainly need groceries.

Now as for the double station cash, that's different. It's a promotion item, not a discount. They aren't making SC "cheaper", they are just giving you more with your purchase hoping you will buy it.

If I bought a sandwich at Chick'fil'a yesterday and today they are giving free fries for every sandwich you buy, I don't have a right to demand free fries.
    • Up x 1
  15. Daikar

I've done it three times in the history of my life.......
    By that I mean I have bought a product three times (Media Markt,Sweden) and then at the end of the month you return to check the price, if it's lower you get a refund. And if the item goes on sale during that first month that you bought it you can return and get a refund.

That's just how it works here, I'm sorry for you ppl if that's not the case where you come from.
    • Up x 1
  16. Black March

But what if you stocked up on half a years worth of Chick'fil'a sandwitches (presuming you could) the day before they went on sale for half price? Wouldn't you feel like you kind of got ripped off?

They do it all the time, you just didn't realize. Because if they don't, people feel like they got burnt once and are afraid to shop anything other then the items that are at sale again. And in any normal kind of store, when an item is on sale they make nada on selling it. Nothing at all. If a bicycle was 1000$ the day before then they sell it for 600$ today they might even loose 20-30$ for every bike they sell. But they still advertice it in the hopes that some customers will come to buy the 600$ bike but in stead they will walk out of the store with a $2000 bike that they happen to be making more then 800$ at.

But once customers start to get burnt, people start to shop at sales only and they only buy the items that are on sale in fear of getting ripped off. Which means the store is no longer making any money.

That's how you run a successful, long term business.
  17. Daikar

You can't compare it to food......
    Since what they are selling isn't a necessity it shouldn't be compared to something that is necessary to survive.
  18. Black March

Yeah, of course this is the "smart way to do it". But it's also the problem ;) If normal customers who normally buy full price items, start feeling ripped off, they start ONLY buying at the sales. (Like I will from now on)

It's better to treat customers in a good way from the beginning and give the occasional refund or some free camos. Then have those customers turn in to total bargain shoppers that refuse to buy anything unless it's got a maximum discount. Because you make more off the same customers if they shop a mix of full price and bargain items, then you make if they ONLY buy the discounted ones.
  19. Calisai

Did some research around release and saw that SOE has very few 3x SC days, and limited 2x SC days. So, I Bought 5 walmart cards around Xmas time ($15 for 6000 SC each). At the very least, almost every major holiday they have a 2x SC day. ($15 for 4000 SC)

3x deal = 750 SC weapon for $1.88
    2x deal = 750 SC weapon for $2.82

Combine that with holding out for Sales/Discounts, taking advantage of bundles... not buying a weapon at release (wait until after the 1st or 2nd nerf and see if it is worth it then).

Wait for the sale for a weapon, and you can get it usually for around 350 SC or so.

3x deal = 350 SC weapon for $ .88
    2x deal = 350 SC weapon for $1.32

You can do things for cheap... or you can get everything instantly the second you want it. It's called paying for convenience.
    • Up x 1
  20. Excellentz

thugg nailed my thoughts right on the head. Come on now man. Does the grocery store tell you that there are coupons you could've used to save money? Hell no. Consumers are supposed to look for bargains themselves, the company isn't supposed to just throw them at you and tell you that you should pay less for their product. Of course they want you to pay full price, call it what you want but that is simply business and no different than nearly every other company.
    • Up x 1