Disabling hud (doritos) gives +10 fps in large battles

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by bloodgulge, Jun 23, 2013.

1. bloodgulge

Just tried this, as I remember Tribes:Ascend has similar HUD, and HUD FPS problems.
    If there is any way to disable useless HUD components like friendly doritos ( looking at those gives all the FPS difference )
    Just something to consider. There won't be many enemy doritos anyway, and being able to disable those 30 friendly doritos will result in a considerable FPS boost.
    5 FPS is huge if you're already only getting 30.
    • Up x 5
  2. bloodgulge

SOE, please give us some more control over our HUD. This will increase performance for everyone as well.
    Options I'd like to see:
    Draw enemy doritos
    Draw friendly doritos
    Draw enemy doritos on map
    Draw friendly doritos on map
    Draw enemy doritos near reticule
    Draw friendly doritos near reticule
    Draw terminal indicators
    Draw terminal indicators on map
    Only draw close doritos
    Only draw far doritos
    Refresh rate of doritos (slider going from 0 ms to 1000 ms) (if you decrease the temporal resolution of the location, less data needs to be processed and transmitted) This will result in a choppy movement of the doritos though, but should lead to an increase in performance if done right.

Other things...
    • Up x 5
  3. Hatamoto

Yes i just posted about this, and have been since release ... its a goddamn shame cause it could give everyone a nice fps boost
  4. Hatamoto

If Codeforge still works for SOE, please give us some insight into why this hasnt been done yet
  5. Hatamoto

exactly what ive been saying for months
    • Up x 1
  6. Eleo

I second the ability to disable those hud elements, not only would it be nice in term of performance but it'd be awesome in term of realisme. I dont even get why enemy doritos exist in the first place. Removing the enemy health bar was a nice addition, now if SOE could do the same for enemy doritos that'd be cool.
  7. Hatamoto

Since we cant expect any crystal clear answers other than on twitter, any rep please feel free to fwd this to the developers
    • Up x 2
  8. Hatamoto

Can we have a comfirm or a negative on the devs working on the HUD?
  9. SharpLight

I think orders came down to stop posting on the forums about internal development, I haven't seen anything interesting since the roadmap came out, but go try Twitter apparently dev's can talk about anything on any website except their goddamn official forums.
    • Up x 5
  10. Hatamoto

The only dev activity i see on these forums is thread locking and canned tech support replies ... bad form, bad form
    • Up x 1
  11. SharpLight

Those are forum mods and community support not people working on the game or the engine.
  12. Hatamoto

yeah i know, make that SOE employee then
  13. CHEF

i so want some nachos right now.:)
    • Up x 1
  14. Hatamoto

I would like to report i have problems with the HUD, can i get some assistance as a paying customer?
  15. Hatamoto

This thread needs an official reply, in fact it should be top priority to optimize the HUD feature for better performance ...
  16. Warle

I personally don't experience any frame drops, but I know my friend who lives down the road from me does, and it's frustrating for him. Being able to disable HUD options would be a great benefit.
  17. Hatamoto

Try disabling it in heavy combat, then you will see the benefits