VS on mattherson

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NiteJazz, Jun 22, 2013.

1. NiteJazz

Mattherson -Friday 12:55 PM:
    [IMG]
    Today: Now
    [IMG]

Why does this happen? Do you guys really expect me to either fight alongside a TR Zerg and get unplayable FPS or fight with a small squad and get rolled by VS scythes and Magriders?
  2. VSDerp

you act like ya get dominated 24/7 on the server. stop being over dramatic.
    • Up x 2
  3. CrimsonDaemon

Good God that map hurts my eyes.
    • Up x 2
  4. FnkyTwn

Hey it could be worse. You could be NC.

That being said.. VS is slightly over populated on Mattherson right now.
    TE has decided to take a break, and a major NC outfit recently broke up
    and some of them went over to VS. Things will eventually get sorted out,
    and you don't have to run with a zerg to play PS2.
  5. EliteEskimo

Ya the Vanu are only "slightly overpopulated" on Mattherson:p

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. VanuSovereignty

Remember when VS on Mattherson were generally under 25%? :p
    How times have changed, it's odd really.
  7. Fox Reinhold

The more shocking thing that I see if that one of the servers actually hit "high". Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen a server do that.
  8. AtroposZero

You keep posting this screenshot across a bunch of threads, like some kind of propaganda tool. When are you ********* going to stop posting screenshots without TIMESTAMPS AND/OR CONTEXT and expecting us to give them any validity?

This isn't the first time you've blown a random population screenshot all over the place, hoping it'd convince people of some horrible internet crime.

Here you go: http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=17&timezone=-4

Those are the real numbers, shown over time; numbers that matter. I might have to put this in my signature so people have a ready reference when I tell off the huttburt propaganda spitting TR on this server (NC don't seem to engage in this kind of crap; hmmm...)

Do VS tend to have the highest pop on Mattherson? Yes! However, it's not hovering around 50% all the time like you morons seem to keep insinuating. It's like you sit around waiting for that exact minute when the global (or even worse, continent-specific) pop numbers happen to fit your argument, snap a screenshot, and then pretend like that's the full time reality of the situation.

God, you people annoy me.
    • Up x 1
  9. EliteEskimo

The VS have around 50% population every night after prime time, everyone knows that and I have screen shots to back that up. Secondly I'm annoyed of all the NC that defected to the VS and think it's okay. Ya it's not that bad all day, but there are typically only 5 hours every day when it's 33% across the board and that's messed up. Meanwhile the Vanu in game brag about triple continent locking constantly like there is some kind of skill behind it. Gosh a lot of Mattherson VS annoy me.;)
  10. NiteJazz

At the hours I play, we do.

The average alert on Mattherson says "VS; Dominating Victory" You know why? It may not be like that during outfit ops time, but when I get on, it really is unacceptable. I srsly need to find a Zerg to get kills, and if i don't, I get rolled by Reavers, Scythes, Magriders, Harrassers, or libbys. And with the new nerfs to bursters, oh there is alot of air. Air just sitting at the spawn room, while a base is being capped. Try to have fun barely getting kills in a spawn room.
  11. XDDante

and after ZOE went live vs population raised,guess Higby wasn't completely wrong...and seemingly after he did that statement they nerfed NC Max.
  12. AntonioAJC

13. pargnui

yeah i feel you man as a woodman TR and having the vanu win the event again last night with dominating victory gets kinda depressing since vanu just keep winning due to being able to overpopulate wherever they go.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#2ike15187csoewm

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#f3rzxrh2ejb6dm2

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#ue7haec93zh55f4

a few screenshots i manged to upload...not a fun night
  14. mpal

Log in, find a group of good guys to play with on TR and soak up that sweet, sweet bonus'd exp. The pop also wouldnt be such a big issue if the TR would leave indar once in a while, at least 3/4 of mattherson TR stay on indar 24/7. Regardless of alert continents.
  15. LoneMaverick

Apparently ZOE + black default camo + 1 shot AV weapons finally swung the populations around, I'm glad atleast the Vanu cant complain about not having numbers...along with some NC tratiors. But seriously, its getting old, and if these population imbalances keep continuing the way they are, this game is just going to lose more and more members.

Once SOE finally fixes the 4th faction as most of us have been asking for, for quite a while mind you, things might start to even out. That and I'd personally like to see a Server queue starting at 15% overwhelming population, and a Continent queue starting at 10% overpopulation.

And as far as "I cant log on to all my 4th faction characters to collect their free certs" whiners go, put a 6 hour timer on switching factions on the same server, but you can log into any of them, and when you log in, you're always in the VR (and cant deploy if you're on a timer)...I don't know how that hasn't been instituted yet, its about the best idea I can think of to stop faction swapping and to help overpopulation.
  16. Zorlox

remember how they didn't whine about numbers? :)
  17. Rown

Mattherson’s VS situation is terrible (and I say this as VS). At least at the hours I play, the outfits running ops are terrible in all kinds of sense; they’re so used by now to win by sheer amount of people that they’re utterly incapable of any tactic more complicated than “full frontal assault”, while at the same time they really really like frolicking and prancing around in Amerish and Esamir when nobody is around, fleeing from any interesting fight and just complimenting each other on how tacticool they are when they have a 75% continental population.

For me this means that I can choose two kinds of battles: either a fight that should be fair but that we lose because we’re just bad, or overwhelm the opposition during an alert. Either one is utterly boring, and I can’t wait for transfer tokens to flee from this crappy place.
  18. DuckSauce

19. Alexander13

Haha, I just put out a post about Connery. VS has HUGE overpopulation on Connery.

Dunno much about Matherson, I don't use it since I live in China and have to use a VPN to play the game at all. Since my VPN connects through San Francisco the US West server is the only logical option.

The Vanu have just become more popular lately. Not sure why. I have to admit they look sleek and cool with the futuristic weapons, but I chose NC based on beliefs.

Honestly, I think there should be locks on continents that keep continents from overpopulating on any faction. I'm not sure what all this talk about "continent locking" is because I haven't looked into it, but if this is what it refers to then I'm all for it.
  20. Strykar

You guys act like this is new. There is always a faction that outpops the other two, right before it was VS on Mattherson it was NC on Mattherson. It isn't worth whining or making a new thread about and it's going to stay that way until hard restrictions are put in place.