Approx 200 ms delay on all input except for mouse movement

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by bloodgulge, Jun 20, 2013.

1. bloodgulge

I've been having this problem for a long while, and now it's really starting to get on my nerves. There is a huge amount of input lag, (which I don't get at all since everything is done clientside anyways) whenever I shoot my gun, reload my gun, walk or strafe (blablabla...). It's always about 200 ms (I tested it roughly with a stopwatch). Needless to say it really kills my fun. When I use semiautomatic shotguns, the shots actually come out in the middle between my clicks! This completely kills every twitch aim or 'trapping' and 'snapping' techniques. Not to mention reaction time difference in duels.

I have the reduce input lag option on, but whether on or off, it makes no difference at all.
    I have set my frame que size to 0, and still, no noticable difference.
    There is no difference in delay weather I have 100 fps in an empty warpgate, or 30 fps in a biolab.

Can someone please, please help me, because this kills all the competition in this FPS.
    I tried overall quality of ultra through very low, and the delay is identical. I am pretty sure it is not performance linked.

I5 2500k 4,5 GHz , never more than 60°C when playing
    Radeon HD 6950
    8 GB RAM
    blablabla
  2. Watz

PS2 only problem ? Several games I played had severe input lag with vsync disabled, like i.e. Dead Space.
  3. bloodgulge

PS2 only problem, vsync on or off doesn't make a difference. Tested at constant 60 fps
  4. bloodgulge

Is there any way I can test my ping to the server?

EDIT: Nvm, I found it. I ping 16 ms to all the EU servers (I'm on Miller), so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem
  5. Mauller

Flip queue 0 is driver default of 3 set it to 1 or 2, I use 1 myself.
  6. bloodgulge

0 is supposed to give the least amount of delay. I have tried every setting from 5 to 0 and they all make no difference
  7. Mauller

well if it makes no difference, but all recent drivers, setting flip queue or frames to render ahead to 0 is just setting it to driver default.

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check. shtml

try this dpc latency checker, if it is in the red then there is a piece of hardware or software causing problems on your pc, disable things and disconnect things and as you do see if the latency goes down and what was causing it was most likely causing the problem, a friend of mine had a faulty dvd drive causing the problem and he found out using the dpc checker.
  8. bloodgulge

Hey, thanks for the input. I tried it, but there doesn't seem to be any problem. Staying below 1 ms at all times. The game still acts the same though..
  9. SergeantNibble

I always get around 360-500ms delay. I play in South Africa though, but that doesn't kill my fun. I still make about 24 kills per hour, but it sometimes does get annoying.