Chaingun, absolute bullcrap

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TorigomaSET, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Pella

So you expect to pick up a gun an master it in 30mins.

The MCG in the right situations is insane.

I mowed through 13 People in 1 clip yesterday.
  2. Torok

these stats are pre-tweaks :p
  3. YesNoMaybe

Perhaps you should reread my post. I was not comparing the MCG to the JH. :)
  4. Vanon

All 3 heavy guns got a serious buff, and are now extreamly viable. The jackhammer is better then a single hacksaw now, and is a god at close range, while still doing a little damage at medium. The chain gun is a BEAST at mid range and suppressive fire, where the lasher, which always has been a god of suppresive fire, got scopes, which made it a very viable medium / long range gun. Each gun i would say is on par, if not the best in their own situation (jackhammer in small rooms, Chainsaw in hallways and choke points, and the lasher shooting anything up against a wall.) however outside their ideal situation, they preform medicore at best. There is a reason to use an ESW, but certainly not for everything.
    • Up x 1
  5. P4NJ

You should have seen it before, it was a beast then; no warning for the enemy before 800 RPM of extremely accurate almost zero recoil lead caved their skulls in. Now you're better off with any other LMG unless you really like the 200 clip with extended mags.
  6. Infinity24k

The Chaingun is still bullcrap to me as it costs you 0.3s to get the barrell spinning before you are even able to shoot.
    These 0.3s can already cost you the fight in a 1v1.
  7. Posse

Meanwhile, the Lasher's been awful since launch (I wouldn't switch my Orion for it even if it was good anyway)
  8. Goiiath

Lol. Sorry but the chaingun only got changed to a more versatile role, doesnt mean its over powered, just means it got better for more situations, and worse for some others. At mid-range it dominates and I think it SHOULD be dominating cause you're jackhammer is dominating in cqc, or long range the vanu take the advantage (Liewec123 is probably right about the Vanu getting the short straw this update though). Both the Chaingun and Jackhammer are designed to fight numbers (I.E. biolabs and heavily populated areas) In small skirmishes they have a much smaller impact. A jackhammer against 5 ppl does more damage than against 1 or 2 because of the confusion chainguns and jackhammers can cause. In essence they're rather well balanced I think, and the ones complaining should be the vanu haha. (not seen the lancer in battles very often)
  9. Gary

Comparing the Jackhammer to the shotguns reveals similar stats across the board for the shotguns.

Comparing the MCG to the LMG's shows it is behind. Infact it shows that the TR LMG's get similar amounts of kills per hour to the MCG which is widely considered one of the worst weapons in the game.

Yet the top LMG has roughly 5000 more kills per hour belonging to the VS. a TR LMG Is not even in the top 5. Even the more recent NS lmg made the top 5 :p
    • Up x 1
  10. Bill Hicks

apples and oranges
  11. Rustygun

Seriously, there is just a lot of hate since lots of people are finally able to use theirs. Doesn't make it better than other LMGs, just the one being used the most right now. If a ton of the nc HA used a single weapon we would call a nerf to it even if its not their best one. But because we keep dying to it and getting pissed off we figure it's op.
  12. ladiesop

Shotguns always are going to have high kills/hr because you only run them in CQC environments where the frequency of running into enemies is a lot higher. Because of the usage difference, you can't compare them directly with that stat alone.
    • Up x 3
  13. Iota

Should let us spin the barrel before firing like before....
    • Up x 1
  14. TheKhopesh

If it's not a Heavy or a Max, it dies.
  15. KodiakBlack

Chain guns fine, takes a brain to use it successfully and the wind up means you have to commit to firing, my only problems:

The models stupid, can we get it slung under the arm please as per the original model, pistol grip makes no sense to me.

I wish the barrels had some momentum, so when you release the trigger the spin falls off over a second or so, would make burst firing slightly more viable as you could release, re-aim and start firing at a slight wind up as it hasn't spun to zero yet, as it is at the moment the moment you release the trigger it sets itself to zero again. I'm not talking any great length of time, that would negate the purpose of he wind up. It's just very jarring have it reset every time you pause fire for a split second to re-acquire the target, it feels wrong.
  16. Badname0192

Hint:There are certain weapons out there you can use against an MCG that have faster TTK rates and don't have wind ups like the MCG. You kill the TR HA with the mean old gun you're so scared of before he kills you :D after you learn this!

Find them!

You'll stop being bad in no time.
  17. RobotNinja

NC shotguns are okay but chain gun vs. jackhammer, NC will be dead before he gets even close to semi-effective range to shoot a tr with a chain gun.
  18. OldMaster80

Some love it, some hate it. I think it's a situational weapon, meant to provide Amazing cover fire and great support firepower. Not really a weapon for 1vs1 face to face fights. It's a cool weapon, but it requires some training and adaptation.
  19. Iota

Quick! Terrans got something good! Fire the Nerf Missiles!
    Yeah It's a good weapon close-midrange. But close range it loses out to shotguns and midrange it loses out to a lot of other machine guns. If the extremely annoying noises don't russle your jimmies, then you should be able to calmly strafe, aim and kill a chaingun user before he does so to you.
  20. Primarkka

A different game balanced around different elements.
    My A-10 strafing run in World in Conflict takes 12 seconds to actually deploy, therefore the lasher is OP because it fires instantly.