Update 11 = me obsolete

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Free1151, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Free1151

Before update 11 happened my computer ran Planetside very well on medium graphics but now after the update and the recent one trying to fix it I cant play still. My frame rate is still very low and it is still extremely laggy. I dont know what to do but think that this is it. I have wasted time and money on this game because now my computer is obsolete. I got my computer as a gift and I cant just go out and buy a new one or get the parts to build one becauseI have no disposable income at all. Is it my computer even though it can run this game well enough before the update or is it the game?

System:
    Processor: Intel(R) CoreTM i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz 1.73GHz
    Installed Memory(RAM) 4.00 GB
    System Type 64-bit Operating System

This is an Alienware Laptop from 2009. It used to be able to run the game until the update made it unplayable? Can the developers fix the lag or is it time for a new computer?
  2. Kozmyk

Each update brings a slew of faults that they can't pre-test for so we get to stress test the game by trying to play it.
    Then they have to identify the bugs, THEN they apply various hotfixes and hope one of them works ...
    Isn't science wonderful? ;)