Game constantly crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gringosuave, Jun 20, 2013.

1. ALeviathan

For those who are running Nvidia, use 314.21 drivers. Turn off PhysX.

SOE, you can save everybody so much time and frustration if you bother to post a sticky thread on fixes, work around etc which has been asked over and over again. Telling some one to submit a ticket is just lazy and a cop out.
  2. PresidentFreeman

I would love to hear how many people have actually had their crashing fixed by submitting a ticket, I have never seen anyone post "Placed a ticket, devs fixed the crashing for me."

I love this game, but to still have crashing issues for users six months after release and 11 large updates is a stretch.
  3. gloowa

Events tell me where did the error occur - PhysX3_x86.dll. So either it is (less likely) bug in physx or (more likely) invalid data is being passed to physix. Either way, it's a place to start looking for a cause.

*hopeful for patch*
    • Up x 1
  4. NaniteSystems

Turning off PhysX doesn't work. I've seen posts of AMD Radeon users and others who have had PhysX turned off still complain about the crashing happening.
  5. ALeviathan

Don't know then. I only get crashes by using 320 drivers & turning on PhysX.

Me too :)
  6. Kubor

I hadn't crashed for months until GU11. Now I've had 4 crashes with "Planetside 2.exe has stopped working" in just one day. Today is the first chance that I've had to test the game out for a prolonged period since the latest update.
    • Up x 1
  7. Loco

I have started crashing for first time since beta playing this game. No crash box no web launch literally its as if the game is alt tabbed then ps2 just dissapears from task bar. Last about 5 minutes in game max happened 2 times in a row.

intel I5 sandybridge 2500K
    Asus P8Z68PRO MB
    32 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
    EVGA GTX 680 with 4 gig GDDR5 RAM
  8. gagle

Same here. After 5min gameplay with esf the game crashes.
  9. susspect3

tbh i didn't have a problem with gu11 not 1 crash but since that little hotfix i have been crashing and getting g29 error code.
  10. Ysanne

Crashing after GU11 a lot. Especially when something explodes, dies or when my resources are low.
  11. Loco

I fixed my crashing by turning GPU particles off in menu. Still running with everything else on high but I don't think this patch likes high particles in large battles.
  12. KesTro

This is legit, tried turning off the regular particles, or placing them on low rather and keeping everything else on ultra/high and game is no longer running at 20 frames but a steady ~50-70. Game seems stable so far.
  13. Dead soldier

I crashed too but only after I was tk'ed 4 times bye different people... I glow purple now, you'd think they'd notice my infiltrator....
    • Up x 1
  14. Kozmyk

Feel free to raise a ticket but each time there's a significant update these warps, laggs and crashes occur.

You raise a ticket and you get:

Which CAN help in certain circumstances but these post-update bugs will have to be worked on at their end.
    While you wait for the usual replies, someone at SOE will hopefully have fixed the bugs and you/we'll be able to go back to playing as normal.
    It's just a question of how long it takes them to figure it out. :rolleyes:
  15. Hewter

Care to explain why u use latest nvidia drivers ? there are TONS of post saying that 320 drivers are not good for planetside, use 314. drivers.

Anyways , since the last patch i crash even with 314, but i think is related to another new problem now.
  16. jackjt8

CPU: i5-3210M @2.5GHz (Dual Core)
    Graphics: Intel HD 4k
    Memory: 6GB DDR3

I'm able to play at 30fps (20fps for big fights) and i haven't crashed for months until U11... and i mean it's crashed 6 times now... no frame drops, or even in a big fight, just freezes and crashes. (I play on low, with most even disabled)
  17. DFDelta

Get random crashes, too.
    Game just closes as if I had stopped the process or alt+F4'd, no warning, no error messages, no freezing. When it does occour is completely random; I've had it happen in infantry gunfights, near explosions, while standing in a base 3 bases away from the frontlines waiting for my squad to regroup.
    They started appearing in GU10.

Tried repairing PS2, with the steam option as well as with the launcher option. Even tried a clean reinstall including manually deleting leftover game files (including the screenshot folder).

Specs:
    i5-3570
    Nvidia 670 GTX (Started with the 314.21, updated to the 320 beta drivers after the crashes got out of hand. Didn't help. Reverted to 314.21)
    PhysX is active (but I have played while having it activated for months without getting any crashes at all, so I doubt that it is the culprit here)
    32gb RAM
    Windows 7 Pro (64bit)
  18. Thedoswiz

Not sure if this is the same type of crash, but I was experiencing a crash where the game locks up, and ctrl alt del does not work, and I'm forced to do a hard reset by holding the power button down. Well I soon found out that it was an overheating issue with the cpu or gpu. I believe it was from a program I used to optimize performance. I opened the case and set a fan in front of it. Ever since then I've had zero crashes. I'm still trying to find a way to undue the changes I've made, but for right now a fan blowing into the case is working.
  19. Demuerte

Same problem since GU11, and more so after the latest "hotfix." PS2 now rapidly causes my graphics card to rise to 70C in a matter of minutes. Prior to GU11 it barely reached 55C after hours of play on max settings. The problem is not in the video card, or drivers, it is in SOE's coding. This is obvious with nVidia, AMD and Intel users all having the same problem.

For those who like to read error logs, here is the mix of problems reported by PS2. And yes, all drivers and patches are the most current. But I will still bet money someone here will say it is my computer / hardware and not SOE's coding.

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51c4ef6d
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51c4ef6d
    Faulting module name: PhysX3_x86.dll, version: 3.2.0.1, time stamp: 0x51893f48

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51c3a8f4
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time stamp: 0x50b83c8a
    • Up x 1
  20. NaniteSystems

I love this game Sony, I really do. But if this problem doesn't get fixed, I'm gonna have to move to a different game. And that is going to be painful, because all I really want to play is Planetside 2. Please fix it for the sake of gaming! :(