[Suggestion] What the community asks the most for infiltrators

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by DocteurVK, Jun 6, 2013.

1. DocteurVK

well... about all I already noted in opening post.

I keep brainstorming on ideas, but I'm currently lacking inspiration for original things...
  2. Satex

As I placed in the August Infil update thread:

Something like a trap; proximity mine/wire/mini radar that gets activated when an enemy passes by them (6 cert levels, each give more range for it to trigger) this would replace the claymores but if you are a pure sniper I guess knowing someone is sneaking behind you is more valuable.

Edit: Maybe a trip-wire flashbang for *****'n giggles.
    • Up x 1
  3. ThElement078

The Cutter seems like a good idea, but I would rather have a dart gun that would damage tanks and OHK infantry. Like a rocket launcher without the AOE, has less vehicle damage and MUCH stealthier. It could fire nanite infused darts which breakdown the targets molecular structure or something like that, but it wouldn't be a Damage over time type of weapon. Basically a recon dart which can kill.
  4. Anvildude

Hrm... If they didn't give us the extra 100 health... What about removing the accelleration delay they just added, but only for Infs? More agility.

Or a slight jump boost, or tiny little wall-running ability (can 'stick' to slightly steeper inclines than other classes, that is).
  5. DocteurVK

OHK infantry would be OP IMO...

Anyway, your idea is interesting. Maybe making the device requieres a minimal range to work?
  6. bloodgulge

I don't like the idea of having to buy an entirely new sniper rifle to be able to 1HS kill again. I'd rather it just was a barrel attachment which eliminates damage dropoff, but makes you show on the minimap further, maybe also give a little bigger 'flash' to give away your position.
    Call it the 'economizer'.
    TR flavor text:
    Provides a tighter seal around the bullet, increasing the efficiency of the pressure generated.
    Damage dropoff is eliminated, but provides louder shots, with a bigger flash.
    NC flavor text:
    Overcharged capacitors operating at a higher voltage provide even more stopping power.
    VS flavor text:
    Scattered ions and secondary radiation is redirected into the primary beam, increasing the stopping power.

Bonus points for SOE if they actually add different sound assets to the game for this :)
    (just modified original ones with a little more bass, or something else mixed in with oomph)

OR EVEN MORE SIMPLE: INCREASE THE BOLT ACTION HEADSHOT DAMAGE MULTIPLIER
  7. GrinNfool

Really dislike the "cutter" idea, infils really need some interaction with vehicles, but I think that is a really poor idea.... You spend 2 seconds shooting a bright light at a tank while the tank takes damage and gets a damage indicator... hoping no 1 around you notices and the tank driver is a ******, and the reward is the tank is still able to take action. At the least the tank should immediately shut down for 5 seconds, and it should disable a fire suppression system if any 1 is using that. Other wise even if you do succeed the tank just turns around kills you then repairs. Its just a bad concept in your current iteration.

Vehicle hacking, or a jamming grenade that disables the vehicles for say 10 seconds, or some sort of IFF hack on the tank driver that makes all his allies appear like another faction would be awesome. Maybe some sort of dart that you can tag a tank with and for 10 seconds in their tank they have nothing but static on their screen (scrambles their sensors). Could even do some sort of remote hacking, where you remotely take control of a vehicles turret for 5-6 seconds by tagging it with a dart then activating a secondary function. Bottom line is there has to be some sort of vehicle interaction and in a game where everyother class can just outright kill a tank by getting close to it, something minor that takes a long time to do doesn't cut it.
  8. Kaisuke7

Need to take it one step at a time, break it down in to 1 specific thing and lets all discuss it.
    Then post the finally agreement in the Ideas and suggestions thread, that's how the devs. said they want it.
    It makes it easier for them to get the idea and make it happen.
  9. DocteurVK

Well... As there is so much subjects in the Ideas and suggestion forums, I was worried that the ideas would be flown over by tons of other threads.

As it is now, I was postin the thread here both to get a better view by the interested people (the infils obviously) and to be sure it would stay on the first page for a while without having to bump it.

If you say that Devs said they wanted the suggestions all in the related section, I'll clean up this post and re-post it in the appropriate section, even if I think the forums should be reworked first...
  10. Kaisuke7

I get what your saying, If your making another post it should be something along the lines of the first to be fixed/added/ or reblanced
    and let community state there issues or what they want add to the class.
  11. Alberich12

It cant be good in my opinion to further overpower the infiltrator. Giving him anti vehicle capacity would eliminate more teamplay. A EMP to stop a vehilce for a few seconds is all there could be. Let´s not turn any class into an allround class. Tanks are weak enough already and should be feared. They must be military assets and not targets for every single player with any class out there.
  12. K2k4

I have played infiltrator since release and followed the forums for nearly every day and these are the three things I see most requested:
    1: a cloak that works. I suggest making Hunter cloak 100% invisibility and keeping the faction glow for allies.
    2: guns that work. Bolt action that ohk on headshot or doesn't sway like crazy.. better yet targets that do not warp. People act like snipers are so overpowered but we have so many drawbacks that half the time we are better off using our pistols and knives.
    3: a marketable benefit to platoons. Hacking has more potential than most abilities out there yet currently has only a few applications which are only marginally useful to groups.

Don't get me wrong I love playing my infiltrator but sniping is not a great source of certs and requires way too much skill atm to be fun for most people and that is part of why so many avoid the class.
  13. FrontTowardEnemy

#1 In the OP you asked for people to list what they thought was important.

#2 I thought this was going to be more of a vote collection thread the way it started out, but then it turned into a "here's my ideas" thread. (not that the ideas are bad necessarily)

#3 The above list is actually a very good list of priorities. I second almost everything on that list.

#4 Items I think are of particular importance: REMOVAL OF HIGHLIGHT/GLOW WHILE CLOAKED, firing while cloaked / auto-dropping cloak if you fire your weapon, drastically reduced cloaking sound, longer breath holding time or the option to improve with certs, revision to how cert levels affect cloaks- increased cert level should increase cloak total duration, not recharge rate.

#5 There are so many "ideas" being thought up that are terrible simply because people are adding things to the game to address poor design of existing systems. Less is more. Change what we have, or even remove what we have to improve gameplay before thinking about adding anything. Again, it's really too bad so few current players have never played PS1. If you did, you'd know what good/fun Infil gameplay is all about.

General thoughts on ideas brought up so far:

Sniper rifles need to kill any infantry unit with one headshot, regardless of any upgrades, except for a maxed HA with full shield. Damage needs to be increased and fall off extended another 200m, projectile velocity increased slightly.

Infils and vehicles: not every class needs to be able to 'deal' with vehicles. I'm fine with Infils having to hide/run away. But they need to be able to actually hide. Cloaks should be able to stay cloaked while completely still. (see PS1 for great cloak gameplay)

Hacking unoccupied vehicles would be a great way for Infils to attack vehicles. No need for "Nano Cutters" or anything else. Again, keep it simple.

Plenty more later. The above should be enough to discuss for now.
  14. DocteurVK

I admit I read your suggestion a bit too fast, as I see now there was no mention on most of your ideas/thoughts on my own original proposal...

for your 5th point, you're true. Some existing things should be removed, or at least could get a rework, to give more options without working too much on contents to add...

About the vehicles, we see two sides of the coin :

Some want a dedicated tool to be added, we have many different proposals
    Others would like to be able to just hack ennemy vehicles like they hack turrets

Each solution is interesting, one being more immersive but more complicated IMO, the other being a little more limitated.
  15. Hellhammer

I'm not one to complain too much, but OSHS kills would be nice again (at range 200+ meters). I would say about 50% of my HS's don't kill right off the bat. I also play on Mattherson server
  16. bulletchaser666

HOW ABOUT (bear with me here)

instead of the recon darts, you could have lets call them EMP darts and you could shoot vehicles with them rendering them useless for 10-30 seconds (cert tree) it would make sunders not able to respawn or provide any type of suppourt ether (ammo,auto repair,stealth, radar)

i think this would be cool, though i see alot of grief and rage quit happening when infils work together to keep a sunder down. and to avoid spam you could only have 1-3 (cert tree) and terminals resuplly only
  17. Hellhammer

...oh, and since we're the class with the least amount of total health (shields included), SOE should increase the damage on the full-auto battle rifle...SOAS 20 and the like
  18. bulletchaser666

why you gotta hate on me, just an idea, doesn't mean it's the best one but at least im thinking. better to get that then nothing am i right?
  19. Amouris

Don't you dare take my darts away.
  20. bulletchaser666

cmon it'd be an option not the only one