Graphic Driver Crash (nVidia 320.18)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TermiGR, Jun 21, 2013.

1. TermiGR

Hi there, i have major Problems since i installed the 320.18 drivers for my GTX570. Cleaning my system from this Driver (with Driver Fusion Premium and CCleaner) and installing the 314.22 or 314.07 drivers did NOT fix the Problem. The driver crashs in the first 20 seconds in PlanetSide 2 for most of the time. In 90% i have to reboot my PC, because the screen stays black.

I know that many players do have this issue, there already is a 85 page thread in the nVidia Forums.

Maybe you have a solution for this ... ;)

Best regards
    TermiGR
  2. Sliced

Have you overclocked the GPU?
  3. baka

You probably already did this, but when you tried the 314.22 drivers - did you uninstall the Physx first? If not, try it. Go into your control panel and uninstall "NVIDIA PhysX System Software xxxxxx". Then uninstall your current drivers. Reboot, and install the 314.22 drivers.
    It sounds silly, but we are at the point where you need to do things one step at a time to narrow down any issues your system might have (since we can not do anything about game issues!).

Once that is done, you might consider deleting your UserOptions.ini and letting the game recreate it. Set OverallQuality=-1 and GpuPhysics=0, log in and set your graphics to Medium. Play for a bit, then enable Physics to low. Play some more. One by one, increase your graphics settings one step at a time - and yes, you will be logging out a LOT! Find a balance that works for you. I have actually given up on Ultra and run mostly High settings since I really can not tell the difference outside of a screen shot.... and I don't play screen shots.

Sorry if this is all basic stuff, but it is all we have. Sometimes the basics help.
  4. TermiGR

The GPU is running on the standard clock.

I did clean the whole nVidia drivers including PhysX...nothing helps...I just did a clean Windows Installation -> PS2 is downloading right now. I'll keep you updated.
  5. gdlk

I have this annoying crashes also, i tested my memory on memtest86+ for 6+ times and it was fine, i still got random crashes after 2 hours playing.
  6. locool676

Why you would test your memory if you think it's related to the GPU puzzles me, but you can never be sure when troublehooting!

Have you followed the advice from baka?

Here's my advice:
    I'd start with MSConfig, and disabling all start up items (stupid things like the dropbox app or raptr can cause issues that make no sense as to why it's causing the problem) and any anti-virus (I swear by Panda Cloud, but that has some issues with steam) or other software and go from there (use the process of elimination if it does fix the crashing {if you don't know how that works, you enable the items one by one [enable, apply, restart, test] to see if it's a lone app or a combination of them.)

Also, even though it breaks more than it fixes, run Windows update and ensure drivers are up to date. Ensure there are no issues in the device manager, run some anti-virus (hopefully from another Windows or Linux install for real troubleshooting performance) and even run some HDD SMART tests and other disk checks, just for going all out.
  7. ALeviathan

Use 314.21 drivers.

Known issue with the 320 series with PS2.
  8. TermiGR

9. BlackDove

This is a well known issue. Don't use the 320 drivers. 314.22 is very stable.
  10. gdlk

it seems 9.13 physx fixes my crashes, i'll test it more, but for now it's already 3 hours of stable play.
  11. TermiGR

Ok, the TdrLevel think did not solve the problem... i played the whole night without a problem, but today it crashed again in the first 10 seconds. I will try the 9.13 physx now.
  12. TermiGR

Ok, sadly PhysX 9.13 did NOT solve it...
  13. gdlk

maybe you're crashing for another reason? Try to turn off physx, it was solve for me until i upgrade it.
    I'll continue to observe for crashes due to playing the game, it seems be stable for me, but maybe i just got lucky for a while...
  14. escannihilator

I had the same problem with the 320.18 drivers, every few minutes into game play it would crash. reinstalled the 314.22 drvrs and no crashing (stable)
  15. gdlk

just got same crash with physx (9.13) on, 320.18

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: PlanetSide2.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 51c4ef6d
    Fault Module Name: PhysX3_x86.dll
    Fault Module Version: 3.2.0.1
    The time stamp module with the error: 51893f48
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 001442e7
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
    Language Code: 1049
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  16. EnviousCipher

I remember being fine on 314.22, made a thread about it when i was crashing every 5 minutes. That said i'm on the 320 WHQL release and pre-GU11 i didn't have any issue at all with the game and that driver set. Post GU11, crashing sporadically every hour or so.

GTX670.
  17. ALeviathan

Dudes, really,,,, insisting on running drivers that cause issues for a lot of players with PS2, being told to go back to 314's and then post that the 320's crash your game again?

Also, PhysX still broke for a lot as mentioned 10 000 times in these forums.
  18. TermiGR

Ok, here is an update. As reported many times in the nVidia forums, the 320.18 driver CAN damage your hardware, because it messes with the voltage settings. Thats what happened to me. Card is working again (so far) with the old driver after i changed the PCIe-Slot. I was lucky, there are several reports of fried cards in the nVidia forums...
    Dont even bother of telling me that drivers couldnt damage your hardware. Just read the nVidia Forums ...