Esamir lattice

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by UAL328, Jun 20, 2013.

1. UAL328

[IMG]

I believe this is the final product.
  2. Regpuppy

This just makes me wonder why in the hell they don't switch the maps over to a triangle shape. It encourages two factions to push in on the third meaning the third is just about locked into their corner, while the other two fight for the southeastern part of the map. :/
  3. Rayden78

Ah that is how he lattice should look like, i don't know if it was a bug, but when i first saw the lattice on esamir i was reminded about spider webs of LSD treated spiders.
  4. Lafladitu

I do not think it is the final product
  5. Sparks

Can't be final because you can never remove the last TR hex with this setup since it's only linked to our warpgate :p.
  6. MrIDoK

There is a link between that hex and the one to its left. :p
    All "active" links that are contested by the 2 enemy factions are a lot less opaque than the ones between your faction and another one.

On topic: there's a lot of links in the north western part of the map, which is bad in my opinion. The center of the fights should be in the south eastern side of the map, so that the NW WG can actually push out without getting ***** simultaneously by the other factions.
  7. TothAval

I want additional lattice links along the frozen rivers.
  8. OldMaster80

I believe they should add some obstacles like mountains and to give a little sense to base connection. That would be very nice.
    Esamir is actually very flat, those lay lines seem to be a little "forced".
  9. Cowabunga

Yeah keep in mind that the map itself will get the same treatment like indar got. All bases and terrain will get revamped more or less. It will be a new shiney cont. once it gets released.
  10. Hosp

They've explained this a long time ago. Currently, the game engine itself isn't optimized enough to allow for more creatively shaped continents. Hence all the conts are rather square. Down the road, I can see a new "Bending" event that might well change the shapes of the existing continents. But that probably won't happen for quite a while.
  11. OldMaster80

I neither do. These connections are strange. Just look at the number of connections between the TR and other territories. It seems they're a very few, sometimes only 2 when it should be 3 on the average.
  12. Marsodian

This has FAR too few links, on Esamir i believe there should be more links, and I also believe link "bridges" should be made across the large gaps, eg. the links spanning out from the VS should be connected at some points.
    On Esamir I think there should be some links across non-road areas as well due to the nature of the map. I feel that Indar is missing a few links it should have as well. More links should be implemented.
  13. UAL328

• Up x 1
  14. Ash87

Thank you, I was actually trying to find my thread earlier to do this very thing. But I couldn't find my own thread lol

Seems to be lining up with v1.0
    • Up x 1
  15. Mob720

I feel like Esamir and maybe Amerish too could use some more facilities. Especially near the warpgates.
  16. BARBAK

From what I see here,

To reach by the shorter way you have to cap before
    * Ymir bio lab
    from VS warp 5 base or 6 if the split way on eli amp is a base to cap, 7 from TR warp

*Andvari bio lab
    From VS warp 4 base (3 little, one medium), 3 from NC warp (2 little, one medium)

Most important Eisa Tech plant
    From VS warp 5 (4 little, 1 medium)
    From NC warp 7 ( 5 little, 1 medium, 1 big Freyr Amp)
    From TR warp 5 (4 little, 1medium)

I well know their will be faction warpgate change and nothing is wrote in stone.
    But with this lattice, did this will not imba a bit the map?

Lattice got some good point, more mass fight for the biggest part,
    but althought some bad point, less strategie in cap order, less cert point from capping a sector

IMO keeping different system for each continent should be nice
    INDAR lattice
    ESAMIR influence system a bit reworked ( shorter cap time by x% influence you have in the sector, less sector respawn possibility to keep player in the area and avoid zerg vanishing)
    AMERISH whatever
    • Up x 1
  17. Torok

looks horrible, i'm a pro-lattice and i believe this is still W.I.P.
    too few connections, it's probably just a placeholder