Your daily annoyances

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Caserion, Jun 21, 2013.

1. NinjaKirby

Auto-Run/Drive not functioning when I access the Map screen or select another Window outside the client.

Using a Reaver as a Taxi, successfully reaching my destination..... but I hate leaving vehicles unused, and despite being terrible at Dog fighting I try to use the Reaver properly - I fail - and just blow up 'n' die so I'm back to square one.

Obviously in the latter it's not other people annoying me, it's just myself -_-
    • Up x 1
  2. TheBillOf3D

I hate to throw stickies because a friendly seems to magically spawn in front of me. Or maybe they just walked through me as I threw. Sad comedy ensues.

Hey look, "Throw", "through", and "threw" in the same post! May have even used them correctly. Should get more xp than a max kill.
  3. Larolyn

Hills that are just slightly too steep for my tank to navigate and I go into a death slide backwards and sideways all the same time.

Hills that my character should be able to traverse but cannot.

Hills that my character should be able to traverse and I can but at the cost of walking so slow I spend 5 seconds screaming "shoot me! shoot me! I am the one who is not moving at all right now."

Getting my foot stuck on a random pebble and deciding that instead of moving forward, standing still in the open for a good 3 to 4 seconds is the better option.

Basically hills. I hate them. They look like they can be traversed but are all full of lies and decption. Amerish can burn. If I could Napalm / Nuke / Thunderhawk Amerish to the ground I would. Make it nice and smooth. Or hell, even building tunnels through the mountains would be preferable to trying to navigate those silly mountain roads and steep inclines.
    • Up x 6
  4. Nate

I have a new GU11 created annoyance. My Engineer key mappings changed because of the under-barrel smoke grenade launcher I always have equipped. So now, say I want to repair something? Opps, dropped a tank mine on it.

I've been leaving a lot of tank mine gifts to myself and others. Somehow explosives aren't useful when something is already damaged.
  5. Menelek

People that see me on my AI mana turret laying suppressive fire like hell on some infantry zerg and still pass or stand in front of me, not behind not left not right, smack in front of me in the middle of the cross hair, how stupid do you need to be ? i usually just keep firing ... there is also Medics or Engineers that just run around getting killed all over the place not healing not rezing not dropping ammo not doing any of their support Job.
  6. Elrobochanco

Deploying ammo.

It's a pain in the ***, you get to run around for a few seconds, to look for flat ground, to place the most nondescript flat cube art asset, you get to repeat the whole deal if someone runs in front of you while it animates, and then other people can run away from you because there is no emote. It is by far my biggest quality of life annoyance in the game.

Of all the parts of battlefield to be brought into this game, it is by far the most half *****.
    • Up x 4
  7. Timithos

Ha, I do that every time.
  8. Timithos

My vehicle flipping over and put on an auto-destruct. There is no good reason for this. And over-the-top extreme damage when you hit the roof of your vehicle on terrain. And the crazy vehicle colliding "physics" doesn't help the situation.

Trying to deploy an AI turret on ground that must not have a slope greater then 2 degrees!

Trying to deploy ammo while people walk in front of it. People shouldn't effect it.

Deploying proximity mines on the run sucks. It's hit or miss - one moment it'll work, the same mirror attempt it won't.

5 min timers on idle vehicles. They all need to be 20 minutes!

My vehicle gets destroyed suddenly when I'm not in it. I'd like to know what killed it. Sometimes I get back into my vehicle committing suicide JUST to get the feedback on what caused the damage.

Not able to auto drive vehicles while looking at the map (aircraft and infantry get to do it ;( )

Getting hit by invisible shells from extreme range full damage AV turrets. They need new rules!
  9. LGhost1904

Seeing an enemy on my Harasser and pressing E decides to quit working...

Trying to be aggressive when I'm having a bad shooting day leads to frustration...

The ******* flipping Flash...

Cheaters
  10. pnkdth

NC/TR whining about the ZOE MAX when I kill them even though I do not have a single cert put into the ZOE ability.
  11. Noebuhdy

Top annoyances on a daily basis;

Idiot teammates intentionally running me over, not even paying attention or at least attempt to slow down, even though I'm not in the middle of a road or a high traffic area. Are we in Russia?

People in harassers running around spamming Fury rounds that 1-3 hit kills (this also includes Flash ATVs). More annoying when a flash or harasser is camped behind a hill, just peeking enough to get a clear field of view and spam away Fury rounds.

People firing rocket pods with an ESF, even though they're shooting at ONE infantry unit... isn't that what your primary weapon is for?

Shotguns. Shotguns. Shotguns. Shotguns.

People using C4 to kill just one person, not a MAX or vehicle. ONE PERSON. What a waste of resources and a good block of C4... and nanites.

Infiltrators with their SMGs... but can be countered. Pays off to stay attentive and alert to your surroundings, including listening to the cloak deactivate sound.
  12. cfnz

Big yes to all of these. The vehicle terrain physics are infuriating at times. I don't object to not being able to drive up a certain sloped hill but pleae get rid of the sliding.

Placing turrets and ammo is much harder at times than it really should be.

Karma came to vistit me today after I killed someone with my AV turret - I got one-shotted by a pump-action :(.
  13. Ripshaft

It doesn't annoy me that often, but something that should probably annoy me that happens every single time I play is the total lack of thought collectively and individually as to how to win the battle. Even obvious objectives seem distant and foreign to most.

Being killed by the friendly who's life I just saved... not daily, but happens a weeee bit too often. I'm standing over the enemy's corpse, and they still think I'm the bad guy =/

Occasionally having streaks of 10+ engies who refuse to heal my max, and on top of that use their time to do something utterly absurd and useless... like put up a turret in the spawn and .. wait... This is becoming less common though, and there's alot of really nice engies helping out where they can these days.

Instant action sending me to friendly zergs... though the patch seems to have addressed this, thanks gu11!

"needs defence" reinforcement almost never being where it's needed to actually defend, and instead choosing places that are either not under our control, all in the same facility, that we're currently zerging, or just not under attack at all for the spawns =/

Annnd.. well lots of stuff really, though it's all stuff I'm sure will be fixed, aside from the stuff dealing with player incompetence and lack of direction... I hope the game gets more design centered around directing the directionless, but ya never know.
  14. CaptainRobust

Instant action putting me into an area that's was in the process of being ghost capped, but one guy happens to be there to defend it.

Drop podding into an area for the first time causes this horrid delay on stealth. It leads to my death quite a bit.

People running back in forth in front of me while I'm trying to lock on/fire rockets at enemies. If you get hit in the back by the second shot from a Striker, you deserve it.

Stealth Flashes with a Fury on it. These buggers are horrifying.

Running into a room only to be greeted by four or more ZOE MAXes as anything other than Light Assault.

Shooting a full clip of SMG ammo at someone only for the bullets to magically phase through them and hit the wall behind them. I had this happen more than once since GU11.
  15. Leal

OK I just turned the game on, lets redeploy. Oh looks like <base> needs reinforcements has an even 50/50 split, I'll jump into that.

5...4...3...2...1 *click*

*click click click*

Oh joy, not only did it not register my click when I clicked on spawn, it has now removed that spawn and moved the "defenders needed" spawn to <base's> satellite base that we are winning thoroughly and whatever reason all 3 of the defenders needed spawns are on all 3 of <base's> satellite bases.
  16. HadesR

Pressing M > seeing a base being capped by the enemy > pressing re-deploy > Seeing the only spawn locations are further away than the said base and not even under attack > :rolleyes::confused:
  17. Caydn

Listening to dumbasses in my faction or enemy faction boasting in Yell how they owning each other when they got a 5 to 1 advantage
    • Up x 1
  18. xGreedFuSioN

When you spawn your esf, and immediately press M to open up your map and set a waypoint, but you clicked M before you were in your esf, so it takes you out of your map and makes you sit through the delay again.

Has wasted at least 5m of my time.
  19. RipperTR

That's my experience with the MCG so far.
  20. eggy

The fact that the "fastest" MBT has a marginal speed difference over the other MBTs, so small it makes zero difference to anything.
    The fact that the "fastest" MBT has a special ability that locks it in place, making its speed redundant.

The fact that a large chunk of the pop on Miller rejoice in ghost capping and shooting base walls with armour, when there are multiple enemy tanks on the radar.

The fact that a large chunk of the numptys on Miller dont know you can A/. make the radar bigger and B./Zoom it in and out. Thus making all those tanks im spotting apear on your radar. So you know ...... you can shoot them instead of the base walls.

The fact that flares are more powerfull than smoke.
    The fact that smoke only counters 1 of the 3 ES HA weapons.
    The fact that one of the empires just doesnt need to consider smoke as its special ability does eactly the same as smoke, plus more.

The massive delay when I press "M" to look at the map.