Revert the Lasher, NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by treeHamster, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Tasogie

they wont mate, soe want the game to be as simple as possible, they want it to be mlg ready which means you have to remove diversity, or anything that makes people think for themselves. (whats funny, is soe seem to think this game can be competitive, an yet they are destroying it every month by listening to rededdit fools.
  2. then00b

Works fine for me, even in direct fights which its not supposed to do.
  3. illgot

so they never found a good balance for that weapon?
  4. WraithRage

Don't revert it. Give it a bit more direct damage and improve hipfire accuracy. There, problem solved.

This weapon is close to being good. Not quit there yet. The Jackhammer? Now that weapon is NICE!

1 out of 3 heavy weapons are really good. Maybe they will finish VS and TR's.
  5. Macchus

i dont think they did it ended up with a reduced clip and nerfed splash i believe .
  6. Nogrim313

my lasher stats

357 kills
    15% accuracy
    93,317 score
    its my second most used weapon next to the Nova (i main as an engie)
    that said the new lasher is utter garbage and has been completely changed in its role (one it was okay at) to one that it is utter **** at
    it was a support/supression weapon youd spam doors etc. to keep the enemy from peeking out while your teammates flank them. now its a total joke the one upside to the weapon was its accuracy and relatively minimal recoil
    now the enemy can basically charge directly at you, the low damage wont kill them and with the new accuracy/recoil you wont be able to hit them half as much ffs in VR at 50m 1/10 of your shots will land
    ADS is a *********** as the orbs block your view of whatever your shooting at
    now if they want to turn this in to some sort of regular LMG shrink the projetile and speed it the **** up to the same as a normal bullet 100m/s is so ******* slow you can walk ADS crouch walk out of the way, not that any of them will come close to you now that its spread is more akin to shot gun pellets
    • Up x 1
  7. SgtBreastroker

*facepalm*
    • Up x 1
  8. ent|ty

Good job on the stats, and yes, it has strange need for ADS for what is pretty much a splash weapon, lol, shooting out big balls.

The ADS just increases accuracy, but like you said, is stupid because your vision is blocked.

That being said, i just adjust some more, because its fun to overcome such things and master it anyway, and cause more cries for nerfs.

I did alright last night, though my KDR suffers compared to the ORion, but I"m after fun and challenge, so i dont care.
  9. TeknoBug

They did at least fix the accuracy while ADS, previously the orbs just randomly spread even while ADS. Still a useless weapon though.
  10. Rown

It's a joke weapon, you're not supposed to use it.
  11. Grotpar

I like it.

I know that upsets you. So I'll say it again.

I like it.
  12. Stability

Its only problems are the huge cone of fire in ADS and the fact that the projectiles are so huge that they make ADS a pain (though this is mitigated somewhat by the addition of scopes). The ADS cone is 3 to 10 times larger than that of other weapons, meaning that you'll miss many shots past 20m regardless of aim skill. The purpose of this is to create that suppression effect (the shots have to spread out over an area to splash everything in it). Problem is that this makes it near useless past melee distance. This alone would be ok if it were more deadly with its splash, but really it remains extremely situational. They're on the right track, but I hope they tighten the cone and possibly give it a slight projectile velocity buff.
  13. Stigma

The lasher is too weird for me... It is a super-situational tool, not really a weapon IMO. its GREAT for super-congested indoor fights where there is a big stalemate of forces colliding - where you can use it to push the enemy back around corners, but in any kind of straight-up fight it will lose.

It would make more sense to me to make the weapon be able to be equipped as a replacement for the rocketlauncher IMO. Otherwise I just don't think there are very many situations in which I'd trade away my ability to be viable in a straight-up fight for the ability to spam splash-damage. Even in those ideal situations you will come across people who break the lines or flank or whatever, and being that defenceless when you get caught-out seems like a bad idea overall.

-Stigma
  14. Halivar

umm no the lasher is better than it was. I generally get 5 kills to one life with it. The key is knowing when to use it. like when the tr are assaulting the back door of a tech plant. go on one of the tech plants legs and rain pain and misery on them. got 25 kills in one life doing this.
  15. Tristan

Please don't use the lasher, treewhatever. People like you using it just gets a bunch of innocent VS killed. It's for people who can still function when presented with critical thinking problems.
  16. ElementalFiend

Unfortunately they are designing it to be a mid-range only weapon. The problem with that is pretty much every other mid-range weapon is more effective than the lasher.
    • Up x 1
  17. TothAval

I have to disagree, it is by far the most effective infantry supression weapon in the game at every range - since it's the only one.
    I wouldn't even try to hit an single target with the lasher in mid range, aim for their feet. You can strafe and he will probably miss
    some shots, you won't so you can inflict constant damage and even out the dps, since dps only works if you actually hit the
    target. The CoF and recoil guarantee you direct hits when you aim at the ground - maybe this weapon is to simple?
    It perfectly does what it is intended to be. I don't get what most people want from the lasher, it is working as intended, with the lasher you can hurt everyone in a 3m radius, you can shoot behind corners, you can kill maxes pretty well, you can weaken entire rooms
    full of enemy players and you can kill or deadly injure entire crowds of enemys with a third of your clip, what other infantry weapon is
    able to do that?
  18. ElementalFiend

With the TTK of most weapons, combined with personal med-kits and medics, health chip-damage and suppression is almost useless. All you are doing is calling attention to yourself, upon which anyone with a mid-range scope is going to quickly and easily out damage you. People simply are not scared of the damage the lasher deals, especially at the range it was intended to be used.

The rate of fire and bullet speed is still pretty low. The only way to get actual kills is to be within mid-range and be firing upon an unsuspecting opponent, because almost everything else will very quickly kill you in comparison to the 7-12 rounds you need to put on target to kill with the lasher. At mid-range or longer you will have to be satisfied with countless hit markers and very few actual kills.

What I think people want is a weapon that is at least comparable to the MCG, which will decimate a lasher opponent at the same range.
  19. Holomang

You should really stop making threads begging SOE to address your L2P issues.
  20. TothAval

What is mid range for you? I got 240 kills the last two days with the lasher, around 100 today(within 2h) at an biolab alert.
    Most of them in Biolabs or other base environments since field battles are not that big and often as battles inside
    bases. As long as you have some high ground, a medic and an ammo pack nearby if you are going to defend a
    certain place you are a serious threat. Once you want to attack, throw a grenade(vehicle works good) in the room,
    run in and play rambo, no ads needed (but it speeds things a bit up :) ) and you are a serious threat too.
    Concussion works also fine with the lasher.

In the open field you need a high ground or a flanking position, otherwise you are screwed, but this has been
    so before. If you dogde some bullets you can win 1v1, although it is a hard piece of work and you need some
    walls near your enemy. In my opinion and from my exprience the lasher used within or against a group or in
    the right places works perfectly fine, when you are in the wrong place or in the wrong distance you are screwed,
    but this is the same with any other weapon.

Well, draining enemies shields and sustaining enemy shield regeneration is the deal in longer distances, since
    you can't heal shields and they need a time without damage to recover. You won't get any kill - i admit that.
    But on the other hand, if every enemy is focussing on you, cause you are annoying and an easy target your
    pals can proceed and finish off your work :)

I like it the way it is right now, have a lot of fun, but maybe it is not a weapon for everybody?