Best AMD Phenom AM2+ Socket CPU?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Milestone, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Milestone

Hello, I currently have a Phenom x4 9500 Quad Core processor and according to game-debate, it should run planetside on medium settings which i would be perfectly fine with but sadly it's literally unplayable. I get 20 FPS at warpgate and literally 2-4 FPS in a medium sized fight.. Obviously this is unplayable for anyone lmao so I'm wondering what would be the best CPU processor for me to buy? It needs to be a AM2+ socket processor as that's what my motherboard supports. I play on the lowest of low settings with render quality at 50%, render distance at 500, everything is on low and I have ran out of ideas on how to increase my FPS lol. I dont think its my GPU as I upgraded it a while ago to a GeForce GTX 550 Ti. Just looking for something that can handle planetside anywhere at low-high settings, not looking for life changing graphics to play this game lol. Any help is appreciated!
  2. Tchoutchawn

Can you give me the model of your motherboard?
    Normally, most AM3 processors will work on AM2+, but the BIOS must support it (BIOS update).
    If your motherboard is compatible with AM3 processors, I would say Phenom II x4 965 for the price(less than 100$).

Personally, I would recommend you to get a new board (AM3+ or FM2) with a new processor. AM2+ is quite old and doesn't support DDR3 ram.
  3. Milestone

4. TheAppl3