The future of Planetside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aztecoatl, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Pat Cleburne

NON-ISSUE? Are you frikken kidding me? ZOE is the most overpowered nonsense I have seen in game since launch version liberators.

Just today I saw a video on these forums showing a single ZOE, not supported by an engineer mind you, chase down and wipe out an entire squad while getting hit left and right from small arms fire, then takes on a TR max about 1 second later, which was supported by an engineer, and kills both the max and engineer without breaking a sweat and walks off into the sunset. His screen was red continuously from the fire he was taking. Not overpowered my ***.

I see the same thing every day in game personally. So don't try to tell me ZOE is a non-issue.
    • Up x 2
  2. Joram

I know is a big issue and it needs to be fixed, i am VS and i say that the extra damage done should be remove and the extra damage taken should be reduced if the ability is still way better than the others make it energy based, what doesnt makes sense to me is the ammount of post against ZOE is bigger than the ammount of post against hackmax.

The prowler was worst, stupidly overpowered + people abusing the shields no rendering to kill people inside spawnrooms.

On topic, Buzz has some valids points but he (and many others, me included) is guilty of a big part of the problems of the game, "oh look at this new shiny pump action shotgun that 1hk people at 15 meters, makes not sense in this game, i better buy 3" people need to stop complaining in the forums/twitter/reddit and start complaining with his wallet. After spending a nice ammount of money in the first months of the game, buying plenty of weapons, camos etc. If you keep throwing money when they are doing something you dont agree with dont blame SOE for not stoping.
  3. IamDH

Yes i agree the ZOE has stirred up alot of hatred. Thank you for being so honest :)
  4. Isokon

Have a link to that video?
    • Up x 1
  5. Eclipson

Yea, considering taking a break from the game soon. PS2 was a great game thats made worse with every patch. Constant balance issues, nerfs, buffs, price changes, QQ, bad performance, un wanted or needed changes, a focus on MLG that barely any of the community supports, a clear decline in population etc. Its starting to not be worth my time, and there are plenty of other games that are out there, and that are coming out that I could be playing. I'll give the devs one last chance, and see what they do the next 2 or 3 patches, but if the game doesn't improve by then, then i'm moving on.
    • Up x 1
  6. Syphers

Bunch of bad decisions lately, ZOE ( -5% armor nerf ? What a ******* joke ), every single worthwhile addition is pushed back again and again, stale unfinished gameplay, dumbing-down : 3 meters wide AT mines, lights on AI mines. New infiltrators FF glow - people won't think twice now, way to screw up an already subpar cloak, Lattice aka brainless zergs on rails, goodbye sandbox - follow the trail peon.

They probably thought people would just swallow ZOE, roll VS and spend more money to gear up their new character, that ol' op/nerf cycle to get as much $ as they can. Well bad move people left en masse, you dont give unlimited 75% sprint speed to such Unit, mostly when you go around saying MLG'. While overpowered at least hacksaws were limited to CQC and a few indoor areas, never had much issues with it as a TR because I knew better.

Not looking good
  7. ABATTLEDONKEY

Im sorry but i dont fully understand that. Where is the max supposed to be?

The SOE is perfect in theory. Creating a glass cannon. Sacrificing armor for speed and firepower? sounds like a wonderful addition to this game. The argument can be made that the attributes were not offset correctly, and that tweaks were in order for the sake of balance, but the ZOE is certainly, IMO, something that should be in this game in one capacity or another.
  8. ABATTLEDONKEY

Heres what i dont understand: why cant the remaining players play PS2 under the TE banner. Why cant a new command structure, which functions under this game, be created to carry on TE without buzz. Why does the outfit have to dissolve, because on player stops playing the game?
  9. ABATTLEDONKEY

ZOE is not an issue. lol

In all seriousness, I'm sorry, but IME the ZOE is just simply not that difficult of a thing to deal with. There are tons of videos showing people performing AMAZINGLY well with even the crappiest of gear. a single video doesn't prove much, other than a possibility. I have never taken on a ZOE single handily (as infantry), and won, but I have certainly gotten a few crit kills with only limited engagement. I have never had an issue with single, or even small, groups of ZOE maxes. Its kind of like the tanks, a while ago. Armor was NEVER (ever ever ever) an issue or OP. There were ALWAYS ways of dealing with them, and supporting infantry killed me far more often. Same things with the ZOE. the only problem was the sheer numbers, and the lack of ability that one person has on making an impact on a zerg (which is, of course, natural)

If the ZOE were as strong as many have claimed, then the VS should be winning dang near every engagement that has an even pop. Apparently a ZOE max can take on an entire squad which is all focus firing on him. A few of these babies should be able to EASY clear out entire platoons leaving the supporting infantry to kill all armor and aircraft, oh wait the ZOE can do that to. SOrry but the game I play does not have these God mode ZOEs that I keep hearing about.
  10. Sea of Ink

PS2 is just ... disappointing. Think I'm done once my subscription is up in two months.
  11. Tobax

Doubtful since the beta of the game copied a tonne of CoD and BF mechanics which didn't work well for an MMO FPS and had to be changed, so if we left it to SOE's vision the game would be far worse off. The stuff they added came from ideas based on PS1, not because veterans cried or any other silly reasons but because they put forward proper suggestions and offered mechanics that work, this is why more and more things are still being added that were in PS1 (like they want to add NTU on bases), even little things like a mechanic to stop someone from being able to instantly deconstruct a vehicle to denie someone getting the exp was in PS1 yet still not in PS2 (they just turned it off all together), the name has nothing to do with it but because this is a MMO FPS which is very unique and so certain mechanics need to be in place just as they were in PS1.
  12. BeachHead2

...or maybe, just maybe make the damned thing work at over 10fps on a mid-spec system.

:)
  13. LT_Latency

Meh, who cares???

The guy got to level 100 the decided the game is bad. I ROFL at people like this. I played for 600 hours before i decided the game sucks. Are you kidding me?!?!? Any game you play for 600 hours is good
    • Up x 2
  14. Pat Cleburne

Yea sure.

By the way it was NC, not TR. He wipes out 6 infantry solo while getting hit from every angle by small arms and grenades while completely unsupported by an engineer. OK one infantry he killed from behind but whatever. Then he takes on a scat max at near point blank while it's getting supported by an engineer. He kills them both and runs off.
    Starts at 1:27

And here is another rampage where a ZOE max just obliterates endless soldiers with virtually no engineer support while getting shot all to hell.
    Yet all the VS act like it's SOOOOOOOO easy to kill one of these things.
  15. TekTR

I'm not positive that anyone is required to leave the ingame outfit. There just won't likely be any organized ops now, so there won't be any point in staying in it. TE itself remains TE, nobody is removed from the group because we stopped playing PS2. But as said, Buzz is the only leader of TE, and will likely always remain the only leader, it's just how it's always been.
  16. Perfection

You can complain about the ZoE all you want pre-nerf, but it does not compare to what the Vulcan is like right now. Even the striker hasn't been touched yet. If anything, TR should be happy of the resource situation seeing as literally all TR immediately buy striker and all you do is just point and click the bad vehicles and they vanish like Criss Angel. (Meaning you can make no one pull vehicles due to them running out of resources quickly)

As for the other stuff he mentions, yeah he's absolutely right. This patch is starting to make me ponder on quitting etc.
  17. Aztecoatl

And there RIGHT THERE ! Is the reason why SoE makes the game worse and worse with every patch. Because you people cannot stop complaining. The topic was about the game not being enjoyable anymore, even to people who originaly said it was great [ The Ultimate Empire Leaders and thousands of more ] not that a specific faction sucks or whatever. The games performance is one of the worst I have ever experienced. And yes it is completely possible to create an engine that can handle thousands of people and yet be as pretty as it is now.

3 issues are killing this game. Performance, Population Imbalance, costant adding of new items that are just waste of time and resources instead of fixing this bloody game..
  18. IamDH

I meant MAXes are used in head on battles
    To hit a ZOE head on is very hard when they strafe at insane speeds. I beleive this has been tweaked and i'm pretty glad now
    Back to the main point, MAXes are countered by grenade launchers, rockets and C4 .. Using these is possible on ZOE but its pretty hard unless if he is trapped in a corner or something
  19. Xasapis

Sigh, wish I was playing on your server. On mine, 3 people down zoe maxes with ease.

(I'm not saying that it's not a good ability, it's just that people like to overreact about stuff)(It would have been hilarious if VS got jetpacks instead :))

Also, I haven't seen a single complain about zoe maxes post patch. My guess? It was never zoe, it was the double number of VS maxes pulled that made the difference and now that resources are sparse (and so are maxes), zoe is proven to be just another thing people can deal with.
  20. Xasapis

Well, looking at the sirisian site as far back as it can go, there hasn't been any noticeable decline in logins since past March. The population in that respect seems rather stable in numbers.