Medics removing death stat = bad gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Marked4Death, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Yoda

hehe well usualy it isn't, but at the same time as i was posting that I was also making sure a prisoner didn't jump my coworker.. work in a prison, and a coworker was having a talk with a prisoner that was somewhat angry at the world.. or more to the point the rules around who you can and can not call while in prison lol:p.. so only had about 10% of my mind on what i was posting lol
    tho i'll try and post all my posts in swedish and we'll see if you can find a gramarerror^^ :D
  2. PhilDun

Main Impact of This Change:

1. High K/D ratio = meaningless

2. Low K/D ratio = you are truly an awful, noob, player and deserve any ridicule you get. no excuses for having a low k/d ratio anymore, you're just a garbage player.
  3. Ash87

Well obviously you want me to pick 2, even though again... this doesn't actually Change anything from where it is now. And why does rushing have 0 chance of being rezzed? Again, biolab farms Happen, but your entire statement relies on things changing on a fundamental level, overnight. You can't hold a firm 100% there line with ZOE or scat maxes in the picture. If your standing and letting yourself get farmed, it's a matter of time before someone pushes up and runs you down.
  4. loopuleasa

Not only that, but it encourages teamplay and playing with a damn squad.

Going solo will get you dead, and you'll stay dead.
    • Up x 1
  5. IamSalvation

How about stop caring about a total meaningless Stat like K/D? Could be a solution.... really!
  6. HeadshotVictim

then I will start doing the same in german.... back to topic I guess!
    I didn't want anyone to be offended, but it REALLY was hard to understand. Hope your coworker is alive though :D
  7. LT_Latency

No not you. The average person. All players won't but you are encourage to play defensively over offensively because you will get better stats

The same way the faction with the EASY WARP gates population always goes up. Not all players will do this but it's human nature to go to any easy path to victory for lots of people.
  8. ZangooseSlash

You died by an enemy, yet you are revived. You are still alive with the same soldier, same loadout. Wouldn't that not be a death?
  9. Yoda

hehe i know, it was.. read it my selfe after your post:p and yeah she is.. tho we'll see if we make it to the night so i can see GU11 on live.. hehe.. midsummers-eve(or how ever you spell it^^ hehe) coming up 2morow and it stirs up emotion and make's them think of home.. lot's of ppl on edge today! :O
  10. MFP_TK_01

Had your coworker been shanked or killed, how would you explain your side of the story? I'm trying to be nice about this here, you are in a high risk facility that requires all of your attention and yet here you are on the forums. I find that very unsettling.
  11. Goobernoob

I'm surprised to see that change, the medic/heavy blob is already the dominant tactic. They want to encourage more of this? Are they trying to get rid of light assaults all together or what? Our work is already undone most of the time in large zergs unless our own medic/heavy gets off its *** and attacks while in the 10 seconds or so it takes to revive everyone or we kill EVERY medic in the area, this just makes it even less likely for our own zerg to attack. After all, there is far more risk in permadeath if you advance and no matter what you say or do to try and convince them, most players will care a lot about their kdr.
    • Up x 1
  12. Duck Dodgers

roflcopters...

You humans are so silly!
    • Up x 1
  13. Yoda

one should never assume that your countrys prisons, what ever country that may be, to be the same as ours.. it's not like in the movies.. and they where sitting about 50cm from me.. id' be on it in a blink of an eye.. one should never talk about things you don't understand.. tho that is kinda what the forumside pvp is all about hehe
    "shanked".. hmm.. out of pure interest.. from the US are we?:) or seen to many movies?
  14. MFP_TK_01

My father was a city and state officer for 20 years as well as a MP for 2 years. My friend, after returning from Afghanistan, completed his second tour and now works for the Minidoka Correctional Facility. My Uncle has been in the Tuscon state prison since the '70's, as well as several friends. I also have 2 years equivalence in CJ. Hollywood ***** up prison movies like they **** up everything else.

Personally I would have an issue with having you watching my back.
  15. Yoda

this isn't the place rly.. getting off topic.. you are so wrong it's funny. but more questions can be sent in PM..
  16. Nepau

For starters you can only stay dead for so long until your un-revivable, though they do need to have an indicator to let you know when that happens. Really this will make more of a diffrence to the K/D of people with support of medics and such, while making less impact on solo players. I agree that it will likly help cause people who like to have higher K/D ratios to act more aggresivly since they now know that if they clear that room but die they can get revived, keep a high Ratio and be a bigger benifit to their side then if they just hide in a corner picking off opportune targets.

Also It's on the Roadmap to split Score from XP, and I do believe they will reset the leaderboards once that happens. They can always keep a Archived version of the Old scoreboard for postarity, but once this split it done then you cant get a boost to your ranking due to boosts.
  17. maxkeiser

Not really true. We've had the revive=no death in BF games for years. Generally the better players still have the higher kd ratios (at least in my experience).
  18. zib1911

If you wait for longer then 60 seconds you cannot be rezzed. This is going to promote working as a team, it is also going to destroy the notion that high k/d means anything. This was a change that was needed a long time ago. The misconception that k/d means your good is pointless. Most people whining about this are K/D ****** or they just don't understand how a lot of people only go for k/d over game objectives. Now they will go for objectives and still think they are godly with a high k/d.
  19. Zenanii

You guys actually manage to get a thread goig for 5 pages over a number? K/D dosn't matter. The only thing this will change is making me force feed certs to my squadmates more readily while waiting for a base flip, by standing in front spawn shields.
  20. Roarboar

The only interesting stat is now obsolete. I guess after having played this game for 1000+ hours its finally time to look for a new game.