SOE, why don't you finally conclude what is wrong this game? give this AA damage a month and a half

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DonC, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

I am feeling nostalgic for beta AA damage and I am starting from zero as an underpowered mosquito, my account was somehow deleted and it serves me right for giving it to someone.

Why a half on top of that month? to know the patch hype did not affect it.

I know that at this point is sort of impossible to see lower numbers but just humor me with this request, do not nerf TR and VS max AA damage, I want to see if indeed aircraft are the demise of this game, because you seem to think so.

Perhaps the true pilots will show themselves now ( God knows I saw a lack back in beta ), perhaps this game will start picking itself up! here is the thing though, if numbers still drop, can you please stop demonizing pods and aircraft in general from ruining this game? fair is fair.

Give it a month and half since the patch, fully test if it makes a difference or not, if it doesn't, then by all means allow everyone to play fairly and I do mean fairly... not bones thrown around like small balances.

You have nothing to lose and according to the numbers of populations seen recently, it seems to be working, for how long, though?

Perhaps the answer is in the elimination of aircraft, perhaps it's on it's fair game play and allowance to rule like in release, you wouldn't have everyone and his mother flying if it were that easy.

Just test these damages as best as you possibly can, so far your populations scream of it working, let's see how long it lasts.

Some imparted logic at the cost of being worse to make it better or keep aircraft in a state of boogieman.

TLDR;

Keep the current AA damages for a month to test if aircraft are what is causing these massive population drops, if they aren't, revert it all back to release.

Do not be afraid of the truth.
    • Up x 2
  2. Snib

What?
    • Up x 3
  3. DonC

OH saorry, faurgot TEEELDEEARE
    • Up x 1
  4. DonC

I am going to bump this thread every time I killed 10 people with my aircraft, let's see how long that takes me in between.
  5. ItsJustDash

Yeah we will adapt but it does not change the burster max AA and Striker is beyond OP against air craft.

It has been said so many damn times now if I had a nickle for every post I would be one rich girl.

Skyguard and Burster Maxes need to be switched in roles. The Striker needs to be worked on massively. Other than that everything would be peachy.
  6. DonC

(this post is not included as my bump)

Let them do it, they finally need to realize what is killing this game, I am going to bump this thread every 10 kills I get, just to make them finally realize there is no nerfing those who play beyond their charts and analysis, I will have fun and this thread will see how long it takes me to kill 10 guys in intervals.

Of course I might die a lot in between, lol.
  7. IwasDH

REMOVE THE STRIKER ITS TERRIBLE.. YOU HATE IT, TR HATE IT
    AA MAX SHOULD BE FIXED

LOWER CASE IS FOR THE LOWER CLASS :D
  8. DonC

Ooopps, I forgot to bump this post, I was simply caught up with relearning to fly against the beta damages, 2 hours later I went out and forgot to bump as I came back, maybe later on tonight I will stick to my 10 kill bump.

You will not adapt to these changes, we had 2 months of this back in beta and the skies were completely empty on zerg fights, the lattice ensures that to be constant.

I want them to finally realize that both pods and aircraft are not the problem with this game's population drops, the reasons are different, ranging from optimization, bugs, to cheating.

If they change AA damage back to what it was, all of this **** up release in GU9 will serve no purpose at all except a few weeks of griefing pilots.

The AA damages MUST remain this way for another month.
  9. DonC

10 people killed.
  10. LonelyTerran

Aircraft were definitely a cause back then.
  11. DonC

And 20 killed.
  12. Bill Hicks

Air dominated because of bad base and terrain design. They wanted every base to be easy to take because anything more than a 15 minute battle and the kiddies start tweeting.
    • Up x 2
  13. Klondik3

Hopefully they won't revert it before A2A ESF buff.
  14. DonC

The damage stays, need to fully test it.
  15. DG-MOD-04

Locking this one up. Please remember not to spam a topic and to abide by the forum guidelines in the future when posting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.