TR MCG rof MUST be increased!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Zaskar, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Zaskar

The rate of fire MUST be increased for the Mini Chain Gun to be effective in its supposed role as a cqc type weapon. It won't matter if the gun fires as soon as you press the trigger if it starts out below 800 rpm, this gun needs to start spinning at 800 and ramp up to 900 if it's to have any chance against the faster guns in the game not to mention shotguns.

If the MCG starts it's spin up below 800 the following weapons will beat you 90% of the time:

NC
    GD-7F : 845 rpm
    Blitz GD-10 : 845 rpm
    GR -22 : 800 rpm
    Carnage BR : 750 rpm

VS
    Serpent : 845 rpm
    Sirius X12 : 845 rpm
    H-V45 : 800 rpm
    VX6-7 : 800 rpm
    Orion : 750 rpm
    Eridani SX5 : 750 rpm

By all accounts the MCG "should" start it's spin up at 845 rpm and ramp up to 900 or at least 896 rpm's putting it on par with the TR SMG Armistice as the fastest infantry gun in the game.

Without the ability to utilize most attachments unlike the weapons listed above that all have comparable or higher rof there HAS to be something that will make the MCG worth using and the ONLY thing that makes any Mini Chain Gun worth using over another option has ALWAYS been rate of fire, the Mini Chain Gun was created in an attempt to increase rate of fire.

It serves no purpose to have the Mini Chain Gun in the game if there are other weapon options that offer higher or comparable ROF as well as many more options for customization through the ability to use more attachments.

How hard is it to understand that without being THE fastest gun in the game or at least tied for 1st place with the Armistace the Mini Chain Gun will just not be used because there are better, faster alternatives?
    • Up x 1
  2. Messaiga

I think that it should start at 450 RPM and ramp up to 900 RPM in about 0.2 seconds. Also, the Armistice has less damage per bullet than the Mini Chain-Gun so less DPS, in fact if the Mini Chain-Gun had a similar ROF like 900 with it's 143 damage it would be almost shotgun level DPS. I dream of the day when we see a Jackhammer and a Mini Chain-Gun go head to head. Hey SOE! Can we get slugs and reduced COF when using slugs on our Jackhammer? Still I like your idea and I fully support it, +1.
  3. gigastar

And how much of a damage nerf are you willing to put up with to balance the TTK?
  4. Messaiga

I think that the TTK would be fine, slower than shotguns, faster than CQC Carbines and Assault Rifles, and all LMG's (Cause's it's a dang minigun) but only for close range because I am sure COF will get out of wack before you can land all of your shots.
  5. Zaskar

Its a Mini Chain Gun, and the empire specific special weapon. That being said it should be just as fast as the Armistice BUT also do more damage since it is a heavy weapon.

135 dmg @ 10m / 100 dmg @ 65m

Also TTK in CQC has been irrelevant since the arrival of the one shot one kill shotguns.
    For reference ONE shotgun round if all pellets hit does 1474 dmg, miss half your pellets and you still do 737 dmg @ 10m.
  6. Tekuila

No spin up, 125 damage, 900 rpm. Done.
  7. Naithe

1000 RPM like a proper minigun, start at 500 then ramp up, adjust damage to fit. Essentially at low RoF, the TTk should be VERY SLIGHTLY longer then the SMG's and CQC carbines,(about on par with regular non CQC assault rifles).

As soon as it hits max RoF, it should be Shorter then both, CQC Carbines and SMG's.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tekuila

No more spin up, bad mechanic needs to go.
  9. Naithe

Sometimes something is there to give it flavour, and you use other things to balance it out.

I honestly don't want all weapons to only vary in RoF and damage and the like. makes them feel rather bland.

Otherwise all you will get is a better SMG.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tekuila

Flavour shouldn't get in the way of balance. Besides its an awful flavour.
  11. NiteJazz

Nerf the spin-up by 1.5 seconds and make the rpm 900. That way it won't be used in CQC. (unless your an idiot)
  12. Flukeman62

but it is meant to be a cqc weapon.
    • Up x 2
  13. NiteJazz

really? oh wtf.
  14. Flukeman62

well its says it is short ranged but it is better suited for medium range
  15. Serpent808

Playing with that gun on the Test Servers, RPM isn't the issue. I'm going to throw out a new term that has not been used. I call it Max Suppression Fire Time (MSFT).

The T7 - Mini Chaingun has a poor MSFT. The reason is this: The clip size is to small.

MSFT = (RPM)^-1 x CLIP size.
    MSFT = (seconds / bullets) ( bullet size max) = k(time in seconds); k is some magnitude of time.

-- if RPMs goes up, but the clip size stays constant, your MSFT goes down.
    -- if RPM stay constant, but the clip size goes up, your MSFT goes up.

Example 1. The MSFT on a VS Parallax (bolt action) is it's shot plus the reload speed. So let us say that second passes by for the shot, and 4 seconds is needed to reload the clip. So the MSFT for the VS Parallax is 1 seconds total per shot. Bolt Actions are a special case. That's not very huge, and a smaller MSFT would imply for sniper rifles, more shots being released.

Example 2. Lets say we have a TR MAX with 5/5 Lockdown, sporting dual Onslaughts. Clip size is 60 rounds per reload. RPMs is 492, and 5/5 Lockdown provides 50% increase in Reload Speed, RPMs and Muzzle Velocity. With Lockdown Engaged, the RPMs actually jumps to 738 RPMs or 12 rounds per second per hand. The 4 second reload speed changes to 2.7 seconds. 60 rounds / 12 bullets per second equate to 5 seconds. There's a 2.7 second downtime before the next 5 seconds of suppression time. MSFT = 5 seconds.

MSFT = the amount of time required to do a full discharge of the weapon's clip until a reload occurs, in time.

The T7-Mini Chaingun has an RPM of 800, a stock clip size of 100 rounds per clip, and an extended clip size would increase that to 200. So with the following information, the MSFT can be calculated:

MSFT = (200 rounds per clip ) / (800 RPMs / (60 sec to 1 minute)) = -1 second to activate the weapon + 15.00 seconds ~ 14.0 seconds.

What would improve the gun imo, is if the clip size of the gun, increased by another 50 to 100 rounds.

MSFTnew = ( 200 rounds x 1.5) / (800 RPMs / (60 sec to 1 minute)) = -1 second to activate + 22.5 ~ 21 seconds.

This would mean that the amount of time used to "suppress" enemies with a barrage of bullets, goes up by less than twice.

--1.5 = the 50% increase from the extended clip.
    -- (-1) comes from the amount of time required to get the mini-chaingun's barrels to rotate and discharge; (-) implies that it doesn't improve suppression time.

If the MSFT on the T7 went up, the player could use more time mowing enemies down with a barrage of bullets. Increasing RPMs would just drop this number down. The up-time should be more important than higher RPMs for certain cases.
  16. Zaskar

I understand your logic but due to the COF bloom mechanic in this game sustained fire can get so bad you won't be hitting much if anything at all.