MAX: 350 Infantry Resources

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Tungsten, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Tungsten

2. Naithe

Sounds good, i got my max timer maxed, but i still think it was too easily spam-able.

The tricky bit will be to ensure that those with the most hexes, do not get too much of a definate advantage.

Infact hexes giving certain resources looses its meaning with lattice system. So that properly needs looking at too.
  3. illgot

The thing that pisses me off when playing as a max is when my own faction runs me over as soon as I leave the confines of the spawn room, then just keeps going like nothing happened. Maxes should react dynamically eith vehicular crashes instead of instanty dying if any vehicle touches them.

I'm fine with the higher cost then.
    • Up x 2
  4. Souleater

I am fine with the increase in cost. 350 is a tad high...300 would be more sensible.

I agree with the above poster about allied vehicle deaths. I've had idiots run me over while I've been running on the grass next to a road.

I don't think that being OHK by Flashes or Harrassers without them taking a chunk of damage is particularly fair.
  5. Liewec123

higher cost fine,
    NC max nerf NOT fine.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jkar

I hope they make it so you don't get killed by one brick of C4 without flak armor then, let it take you down to 10 - 20% health but effectively destroying a 350 resource MAX suit with a 100 resource grenade (and that's what it is currently) isn't balanced either.
    • Up x 1
  7. Terrahero

A MAX is now more expensive then an ESF. Well, atleast this can be thrown around when pilots are complaining about Burster MAX. They are exclusively dedicated AA AND more expensive to pull.

But i doubt that will take :)
  8. Naithe

I hope that is an oversight, and to be fair it is test server.

Otherwise aircraft will become extremely common, just due to the sparcety of AA.
  9. Tamonize

I, just starting to try the MAX class. Invested like 6000 certs on it and now theyre nerfing the shotguns and the cost. =(
  10. Purg

That's official GU11 release notes - though they are subject to change. I'm for the changes, resources have to matter. The ESF costs confuse me but at least it'll stop them harping on about the invisible god machine that costs less certs than my heavenly ESF so you're not allowed to scratch it, attitude.
  11. Purg

The shotgun nerfs on the MAX would have made more sense if they tightened the spread or gave us our rounds back but it is what it is. I don't expect to notice much of a difference on my Mattocks. Most of the targets you kill you're probably significantly over killing anyway. Give slugs a try on Mattocks, they can extend your range if you have patience and except that you'll probably get a lot of assists.
  12. Shf1f1ty

I agree, resource cost is fine, i like the fact that it's much harder to spam max's now.

BUT! I don't think they should have increased the cost without making us more resistant to c4. As Jkar said, 1 100 resource C4 can currently take out a max, atm that's fine, 100 for 100, but with the changes that should be adjusted.

Over all i'm very happy with all the changes, even to the vehicles.

And to the people crying that max's should become non resable... no. just no. That will make the max class 1/2 as effective. We are an INFANTRY class, INFANTRY can be res'd, max's can to.
  13. Kiddneey

I'm alright with this, as long as C4 costs are brought in line. I don't think it will be, however.
  14. Loco

Yea tanks have infantry inside metal too. They should be rezable. Oh wait a rocket mkes a tank blow up, but max units it just makes the metal and guy fall over....

There needs to be a timer before rez, 30-60 seconds. Why as a non C4 carrying infantry since you said you ARE infantry we should be 50/50 chance of killing eachother, you can kill me in .5 seconds, and I can either gun you for 15 seconds over 2 clips, or shoot you with 2 rockets which takes 10 seconds with reloads.

0.5 TTK vs over 10 TTK. Yea we are both "infantry" all right. I spend 10 to kill you, then have to kill any medics with ya or ur back up in less than 4 seconds, that seems fair....

There will be a timer on rez at the minimum inc within next few patches, that or drop your effective hp by 75% so we can kill you just as fast as other infantry.
  15. Shf1f1ty

Are tanks infantry?

The max is an infantry class as i said, which you conveniently ignored during your example with a tank getting blown up. TTK is not .5 seconds unless you run face first into an NC max.

Explain why a max should not be able to get revived by a medic, I want to hear your point of view. Because at the moment, i believe it to be the most rediculous nerf for max's. what happens if a max gets run over by his own team from a tank? that happens all the time. most max's will take 5-6 revives once they've been killed just to get back into cover and keep their max up off timer. max's also have a respawn timer, do normal infantry have a respawn timer?

You are saying if you get killed in a max suit you should stay dead full stop, because it takes you longer to kill me than me to kill you?
  16. Shf1f1ty

And for the record, there is rarely a 50/50 chance for one person to kill another person as infantry, either one gets the jump on the other, or one is in cover, or there are any number of variables.
  17. Jkar

After having another one of those very annoying game crashes yesterday just after pulling a MAX I'd like to know if they will implement you respawning with your MAX or vehicle at the warpgate if you don't happen to die in the time it takes to get back into the game.

Seeing as how expensive they will be and how infuriating it already is to lose a MAX or vehicle to all those bugs and crashes I think that would only be fair.
  18. Posse

Thing is they're treating the MAX as if it was another common infantry when in reality it's an exoskeleton, if you destroy it then it's destroyed, you shouldn't be able to revive an exoskeleton, it should work the same way as a vehicle imo.

Of course, that also means that flashes shouldn't be able to run over a MAX, in fact, I think the flash should take more damage than the MAX if both crash.

All that said, a MAX costing 350 resources AND being not ressable is a no-no from a balance standpoint, the correct way to go should be 100 resources and not ressable, see how it works, and then increase the cost if necessary.
  19. basilbroketail

To be honest if they did make maxes not rezzable AND put maxes at 350 infantry resources , as well then what does a max have over a vehicle ( outside of biolab crashes) ? .

What maxes take a hit in :

1) We don't have any optics AT ALL ( NV/thermals, 2x , etc ) , which leads to point 2 .

2) COF which barely exists on vehicles , heavily restricts maxes . Problem with COF is that it lowers the skill ceiling ALOT, there *is* no way of neutralizing it even if you do aim accurately . Now I don't mind if there was a large kick in recoil ( at least that can be controlled through aiming ) .

3 ) Also don't forget , we also need teammates to actually operate well . I've pulled enough tanks/aircraft to know that I can back off, repair , then be up and running again without little or no downtime, hell i even look at taking damage as " free xp" . Maxes *need* to dump 2-3k certs to get regen and even then it takes time ( and you need to find a terminal as well unless you run with regen 24 x 7) . Even then you don't get " free xp" for self repairing yourself.

4) Also vehicles have utility , radar ( which is a godsend ) and optics like thermal/NV which is literally what I'd consider wall hacking ( esp compared to the PS1 Vehicles , infantry have literally , little or no option of hiding unless they're an infiltrator and even then infils don't carry boomers ) . I'd be half the infantry that I saw , I wouldn't have seen if it weren't for thermals/ NV , esp fighting against the vanu in the dark . IF i had thermals or NV on a max i'd almost never ever die to C4 suicide rushers ( save Eurobob maybe lol) .

5) and of course vehicles are way faster , and tougher to hit ( with dumbfires at least ) and /or have bullet immunity .

6) Maxes cannot cap points, vehicles can ( although there are certain areas like the bridge cap point at the traverse ) , where you can just shove a lightning / tank or harasser , or ESF to cap a point .

Now if we had the same options available that vehicles have then I wouldn't mind it at all . Sure increase the max costs(if we have the same options as vehicles) and make it not rezzable . But we don't.
  20. Souleater

You shouldn't be able to revive a human being who just took a pod full of Hi-Ex rockets to the head either. Let's not bring IRL medicine into this! ;)

PS2 doesn't treat MAXes as common infantry. If they did then I would be able to ress' one back at full health in under a second with just my Medic. Instead I can only ress' one on a small portion of health - at which point we need an Engineer to repair 75% of the MAXes' health .

In return for taking damage from more sources, the MAX gets to be revivable. It straddles both camps, in effect.