Unlocking gear with certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fanfan, Jun 17, 2013.

1. SgtBreastroker

Something I don't understand is how certain gear I unlocked with my certs I have already unlocked on my new characters.

How does that work?
  2. Fanfan

grow up dude. posting such pics is something I expect from pupertal persons only.
  3. smokemaker

Unlocking gear with certs

Only if you have to.
    I use station cash to get gear and certs to improve gear.
    • Up x 2
  4. Fanfan

good you're not in management, but working on the garbage truck. There's no money SOE doesn't need from anybody.
  5. Fanfan

flawed comparison.
    I dont level up my char by buying guns. and I cant buy weapons in EQ2 in show anyway.
    But when I buy a gun, I can use it, and my whole family can, no matter if I buy it with creditcard or cash or trade it in or get it gifted.
  6. Fanfan

I dont care if your broke *** cant affort any mmo subs and you are jealous about people with money. get a better job dude.
  7. Fanfan

sure. there are people who never sub and spend a lot of cash on gear - they are better off than subscribers!
    there's also people who live on wellfare, dont buy a sub, dont buy any gear except the most needed one for 1 char.
    subscribers are somewhere in the middle of these 2 concerning income for SOE, but they get a pretty BAD DEAL currently for their money.
  8. nubery

You are Captain Unreasonable. You also just want to be 'fourth faction', which is a large problem with the game.
  9. Fanfan

thanks for this reply, pretty much the only useful one here (among a few others).
    Guess that's what I gonna do, buy with SC and upgrade with certs.
    I hope these upgrades are accountwide then at least.
  10. SifuBob

The way i sees it, you bought a sub for the game before you played it or understood what exactly membership does for you.

Not the best plan really.... However, looking on the bright side you have quicker cert gain on your characters so when you explore the various factions' stuff you will be getting it quicker, giving you an idea what they are like faster.

Also, chances are you may want to jump back onto one of your other faction characters later on, so don't delete them.

Just make 3 guys on different factions and log in with them all daily to get your increased passive cert gain on them all while you are deciding, and don't spend any SC until you have decided which faction to play.

edit: oh, but you can buy NS gear (like burster arm) and they are usuable for all factions.
  11. Tobax

Umm no that line was not supporting you, the line you quoted was me explaining about how people playing for free (without a sub) could still be supporting the game more than you know because of the in game shop and the money it can generate.
    It was not a statement to back you up and I disagree with you about sub's being pointless.

Stop trolling, nothing you upgrade with certs is account wide and there is no reason it should be, no game does that.
    • Up x 1
  12. Nhilys

Why are we still here? Are you crusading to increase subbers benefits? You made a mistake because you didn't read, others subbers know what they're paying for, if they're fine with it, let them be.
  13. smokemaker

Some are, some are not.
    If it says faction only, it will only unlock for that faction.
    Some are pool type weapons and unlock for all.

But each character cert's their upgrades individually.
  14. TeamGreener

So if SOE had to spend 10 dollars to get one dollar from someone, it's totally worth it?
  15. TeamGreener

Point to one MMO that levels up your alts for you while you play your main.

One.
    • Up x 2
  16. Mr_Giggles

It funny how you ad hominem right after telling another user to grow up.
  17. Fanfan

sure . if u play Lotro you buy the exansions once, then when you sub you get access to ALL areas, questpacks, bankslots, more bags, etc... if you play f2p you need to buy everything with "SC".
    so, as long as you sub, the gear you unlock with certs should be accountwide too as long as you pay monthly fees for the sub.
  18. Fanfan

I'm just now learning to fit in.
    apparently insulting people is tolerated here and the way to go.
    not my choice, but I'll do what is needed.
  19. Mr_Giggles

The insulting started after many attempt to help you although admittedly crude. You chose to ignore everything and sport an attitude so you were insulted. I don't think you made too many friends on your first day of school.
    • Up x 1
  20. Macchus

Im assuming that you are "prepurtal" or you would know it's "Prepubertal"... and tbh i dont think someone who hasnt hit puberty yet would post anything so refined . i also added words to my previous post , but you did not respond to them ...

[IMG]