So i tried VS today...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DDaly, Jun 16, 2013.

1. DDaly

Wow, i feel so so sorry for VS i would hate to play as them. I started this game as VS but since xmas i've been playing NC, i went back to try VS again but everything i tried was sub-par compared to the other faction equivalent.

• Magrider sucks, not enough agility to make it viable (gun also arcs like wtf?)
    • Lasher is terrible in 8/10 situations, not enough splash damage or utility
    • Lancer.... jesus SOE really have bent you over a log with this one... what a joke, does not even compete with other factions launchers utility and damage.
    Only redeeming features of VS are the ZOE max ability and the Saron HRB which seem OP compared to the rest of the weapons lol.

So thats my rant of the day; P.S:

YOU GUYS HAVE BALLS OF STEEL TO PUT UP WITH THIS CRAP. So big respect to those who exclusively play VS
  2. WaiZen

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  3. TheFullCologne

hmm nahh.. its balanced. every faction has its pros and cons.

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!!!
  4. Halcyon

I keep running into VS harrassers with saron HRBs on top.
    God they suck to fight against.
    • Up x 1
  5. Loco

Some people don't understand that certain sides have strengths and weaknesses. Unless both sides get exact copies of everything people will complain about imbalance and after that point, people will complain that their favorite vehicle or class is underpowered.

You can never win with people. You want to know how you know this game is balanced??? EVERY CLASS/VEHICLE gets played. Everything has uses and gets used, people wont use something if it is total garbage that is how you know this game is balanced.
    • Up x 2
  6. HannaDest

So you just tried the Vanu and played them for a few and buyed a Lasher and the Lancer ? Interesting.
    • Up x 3
  7. Badname3073

For me, VS is better than TR because they have a 167 dmg long range carbine.
  8. Loco

I noticed that 1-2 clips of LMG will get a harasser smoking. People are dumb and don't realize that these things cant outrun bullets and are weak when focused by 2-3 guys.
  9. Loco

I like how your planes have crazy maneuvers that can insta lose rockets without having to fly away or use flares. All based on your engine location.
  10. DDaly

ok ok strengths and weakness's are cool, what im saying is VS have far more weaker aspects than the other 2. You decide yourself, if you had to pick an army of combined arms to fight it out against another army, which faction would you pick? Easily NC for me
  11. Copasetic

I've been trying VS for 3 weeks now and I think they're fine. The Saron is OP against infantry, along with the Enforcer. The Lasher is just as useless as the other ES HA weapons. The Lancer is about as useful solo as any other launcher and absolutely amazing in groups, much more effective then than the Striker or Phoenix since it's got tons of range and can't be countered by smoke. I definitely have more fun with it than I did with TR's boring lock-and-shoot.

Plus all the infantry weapons are great. Fast reloads, good accuracy, no bullet drop and the same damage (sometimes even more) as the TR weapons. The sounds suck but they're already working on that.
  12. DDaly

Try NC and you will think VS is a waste of time lol
  13. Rolfski

If anything, I like the Magrider over the other tanks. The fact that you can side-strafe with it is just instant-win in tank battles.
  14. Kurohagane

Usually it takes alot of time to destroy a harasser by conventional ways and its easy to perform a suprise attack on you while you are busy emptying your clip into it, and it is a large ammo sink so unless you're doing it from a fortified position (which is where harassers rarely ever go) its a waste to do so, and it's risky too.
  15. MiZrY

My main is an NC and I do not agree with your opinion.
  16. Loco

Yet it keeps him moving, if its not flat terrain its fn up the gunners aiming, and if you have lots in zone the likelyhood of a gun facing you is rare. I have seen them blaze into squads of infantry using speed to stay alive, rockets miss long as they moving, this is where small gun fire beats nothing.

DPS is DPS, and if unloading 1 clip into a harasser nets me 300 exp partial kill then fine I will do it.
  17. Joram

The mag is the worst mbt against armor, the lasher is worthless unless you are as good as Highby, the Lancer is situational, but is the best rocket launcher against ground in long range, if you can lead the shoots is good against liberators to. Infantry weapons are balanced across all factions, if the NC has a better LMG the VS has a better carabine and the TR a better AR.
  18. Chipay

To be honest here, I've only recently started playing TR and NC for the sake of forming a decent oppinion about all factions and TR and NC are comepletely different to VS, the tanks are worthless in my hands and the idea of burstfire is only something i learned by using the Flare as a VS player.

When playing a different faction you need to adapt your way of thinking, I can't hover from plateau to plateau with the Prowler, but i can shell from far away.
    • Up x 1
  19. TheFullCologne

sometimes i wonder if ps2 would have BECOME a different game if it wasnt free to play; you pay 20-30$, then u unlock things by progressing through ranks/using guns etc. ala bf3. we would certainly see less complaints but there will still be people saying how this faction is op or this gun is up
  20. Avlaen

Vs have some of the easiest to control guns in the game the orion is an awesome CQC LMG with faster ADS movement Lancer is good if you have teamwork with it no other rocket launcher has the range and lack of warning the lancer can give, also the lancer even single shotting hurts a max alot,

and all the Es heavy weapons atm suck atleast the lasher makes a great suppresion weapon.