What weapons or vehicles do the NC have that are "BEST" over other factions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Kevorkian

After next patch, nothing much really.
  2. The Funk

Stick an enforcer on top of a well certed vanguard and rejoice.
  3. DashRendar

Two things:

1. The Common Pool Halberd does better damage over time and still one shots infantry. Having to land multiple shots on a moving armored target to do maximum damage can be considered a liability more than a strength.

B. This benefits the gunner moreso than the owner of the tank as the gunner is the one who gets the kills/xp.
  4. Van Dax

well it is more damage over time than a halberd or saron.
  5. Lagavulin

Then you're being disingenuous.
    Best mid to long range lmg's, and not too shabby at cqc (but orion and MSW are slightly better at cqc).
    Best 'standard' maxes (only Zoe is better).
    Best ESL.
    Best carbines.
    Strong AR,s.
    Many ppl would agree that NC are in a fairly good place right now - not really OP anywhere, but certainly not UP anywhere.
  6. DerDoopity

Reaver, Vanguard, NC Max shotguns.

Reaver post rotary fix is the most deadly anti air in the sky.
  7. The Funk

1. Get a better gunner. Enforcer is superior at both ai and av.

B. Not the topic.
    • Up x 1
  8. voxmachina

I'm going to let you in on a secret, it's something people who are good at this or any other game know whether instinctively or conciously. It may be a little over your heads but I'll give it a shot...

Every weapon or tool, every single one, without exception, has strengths... and weaknesses. If you attack with their strengths while mitigating their weaknesses. If you mitigate your enemy's strengths while attacking his weaknesses. You will make little baddies come crying to the forums about how your weapons are OP and their weapons are UP.

Also lasers and aiming and l2p.
    • Up x 1
  9. Yoda

this is all personal feelings and thought about how weapons feel, but imo i'd say NC got the worst of carbines.. LMG's we can do well and sniper rifles are strong, but in the mid section, carbines, we lack alot.. and i main LA or engi when running in a tank.. so i use them alot.. GD 7 had good RoF but lacks at ranges beoynd 25 meters or so.. they are ment for hipfire.. sure they are rly strong at that tho.. but i feel TR got better carbins taht still got RoF decent and remain accurate.. and VS carbines are just so easy to use..
  10. Juni

In the end it all comes down to who is behind the gun... I do a lot better with NC guns than with TR guns, but I still prefer to play TR, due to their backstory etc. So I am sticking with them.
  11. Mxiter

Over 30-40m burst mode is required for every faction with cabines.
  12. GhostAvatar

Get a laser sight on the repeater and don't panic mash the button, then the repeater becomes very effective at ranges like 35 meters. While the Mag-shot might be easier to use at those ranges, the Repeater is still more effective if used properly.
    • Up x 1
  13. llPendragon

This is the Enforcer being OP. The Vanguad has little to do with it, sadly.
  14. shammydawg

The vanguard is a deathtrap now, courtesy of stuff like the striker and fracture.
  15. Loco

I was instant gibbed as a HA with full life shields and maxed HA shield, AND maxed nanite armor by NC MAX. Basically they fire both arms at same time and I just die. Literally do not see my hp go down or shield go down, TTK = 0 seconds. I thought maybe someone else was shooting me from room but on the death screen it showed each arm doing around 50% This happens ALOT almost everywhere NC are and as most points are in small rooms, this is their effective fighting location. Makes taking rooms a pain. I try to knock 2 rockets into them but most have a healer, and when I do kill them I need to rush in immediately and attempt to kill any infantry in there or he will just get rezed in 2 seconds, and healed up in another 3.
  16. llPendragon

I suggest trying the same thing from >50m away. Laugh as you consistently dump ammo into them without reprisal. Or continue to stick your face into shotgun barrels and complain about them being shotguns. Either or.

Edit:
    You may want to look at the TTK of VS Blueshifts and ZOE. It's worse when they can do just as well at 5m and 300m.
  17. Loco

being someone with incredible aim using infantry (this may be my MAX downfall) I have been unable to effectively use VS MAX. The bullets from each hand shoot straight, but each hand is about 3 feet apart. I find my bullets not hitting players but shooting around them on both sides. Not sure if I am not suppose to aim at people but slightly offset to one side???? I know my aim is dead on but too many bullets get lost around the left and right side of enemies bodies. Was godly with NC at close and TR max, the spread from those things helps immensely especially in close range and they just tear infantry apart. Frankly the VS MAX was not something I could get into, I am not exactly sure how people make it sound so OP, I plan to uncert the whole damn thing when re certifaction comes in. Projectiles on 2 hands that don't fly directly at the reticule is not my cup of tea.

Also how do you fight a max at a point from >50m away. Frankly if a max is running through a field without any cover then, as you said, "shotgun point blank i should die" then shouldn't he die outside his ideal fighting situation??? If you are going to yell at me for entering into a room with a max less than 10 meters away and me complain, then you have no right to complain about a max at >50m away. Am I right?
  18. llPendragon

I run full Flak armor on my NC MAX. After C4, the thing that kills me most is just bullets. A medic that continues to fire for the 4 seconds I take to reload, or a HA peppering me constantly while I can do nothing but run away or charge. Either way, the NC MAx just can't do a damn thing about it.
    A VS MAX doesn't have those weaknesses, but has the same fast TTK. It has the benefits without the drawbacks. If a shotgun is going to be a shotgun, I can understand. I can't understand how the most accurate MAX AI gun (that doesn't have damage reduction over range and has 10x the magazine size and half the reload time) can be balanced when its TTK is almost the same as the best shotguns.
  19. ovakin

NC6 Gauss SAW
    -Slap 600 certs in to it.
    -Call it The Fun SAW.
    -Profit.
  20. Loco

I beg to differ on accuracy. Like i said dual wielding weapons and having bullets spawn 3 feet apart causes aiming issues when your bullets are small with no spread. I can run a 30+ kill streak with a LMG but cant get more than 3 kills on a friggen VS max, the aiming is off. Single weapon spawns bullets mid body bullets and fly down the recticle vector. With 2 guns, they spawn apart and you either have them fly straight which is what game does or you have to have a focus point some distance away when both shots criss cross. I much preferred the NC and TR max who due to spread the most pellet rounds hit right in center recticle after a few meter distance. If anything the MAX unit is only good if you dont aim directly at people. It is almost impossible to hit someone with both hands, making having 2 guns mean nothing unless enemies are grouped up, which is why we fire faster and faster reload.

Really, try a VS max out one day and tell me the aiming isnt FUBAR.