Briggs J9O8 Sunday

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by randalthorr, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Dingus148

What are your thoughts on SOCA, 70XG (or whatever they call themselves) and JUGA? It's always interesting to find out what your opponents think of you. Interestingly enough, I think the old leader of KNTR is playing Vanu now. Or was it NC? Who knows.
  2. Stealth1

Cool fight. If it wasn't for our ammo Sunderers being constantly taken out I would've finished auraxiuming my Harasser's Halberd.

Was refreshing to have a battle somewhere different for a change.
  3. FallenArchon

If your ammo sunderer and harasser were on top of the cliff that was me with the AV Mana Turret.

Great Fight Loved it but had to leave to bed a water tank :(.

FallenArchon Vanu in Planetside 1 and Vanu in Planetside 2 no other characters no other servers.
  4. theholeyone

SOCA are alright, ahead of the zerg/KNTR, but don't seem to be huge threat unless they get pop advantage. 7OXS seem to be in IIW's league of a very effective outfit with decent numbers. JUGA are spec ops and really good individually, but don't have very high numbers; much like my own outfit GAB.
  5. Dingus148

I've seen you guys around, you seem pretty decent. Frustrating would be how I describe you. Both you and IB field pilots that regularly wipe the floor with me.
  6. theholeyone

Ah the fabled GAB air wing surfaces again, it's a rarity we have more than one or two guys in the air tbh. Cracks us up that somehow they manage to get us known as an air superiority outfit :p

Thanks for the complement, we try and be frustrating whenever possible. Personally I find the GSD harraser to be golden for that purpose.
    "I'll just nip back behind this sheild to get away from that saron and repair, Oh god he's behind the shield, we're all doomed, DOOMED!"
  7. Dingus148

Oh man, I had that happen once. Lucky I was reloading my Deci. Vanu tears were shed, but it caused me one hell of a scare :p We need to get the old Wars happening again. They were so much fun and were good for the Briggs community. So glad our server doesn't have a lot of the nonsense which seems to plague other servers
  8. theholeyone

The old wars? the BWC->PSAus sunday ones you mean? Alerts and pop disparity of those who turned up pretty much killed those. We still do fun events every now and then, but unless more of the community commits to the bigger events I don't think they will start up again any time soon.
  9. Rasp

Ah holeyone I see you are still sour from when I kicked you out of TROL you havent changed a bit. Also I wont be replying to the inevitable rant you will post about how bad TROL is and how GAB is so much better.
  10. theholeyone

Sour? best thing that ever happened to my PS2 experience (as evidenced by the fact I didn't take you guys up on the multiple offers to come back). And a rant is neither inevitable or necessary, both our outfits reputations precede us :D
  11. Rasp

Come back? You are never welcome back and I would have never aloud it. Glad to see you found a new home.
  12. theholeyone

Well I'm not sure what the situation is there now, but when the offers were made you weren't the one calling the shots. Whatever happened to Sage btw? He always seemed like a GC.
  13. Dingus148

Children, now now. Holey, it's not worth it. Rasp, you're embarrassing your outfit.
  14. TheRealMetalstorm

TR... Briggs TR is hopeless.
    I regularly play with IIW and I've had an excellent ad-hoc with JUGA once or twice (invited Lessonteacher to squad to save my sunderer since i died and someone needed to deploy it, two of us ended up squad wp + spawnbeacon and mined a ton of sunderers, managed to turn the tide of a few base defenses until one of us logged off)

Recently seeing some 7OXS tags playing above average, but to be honest, other than these guys, I have absolutely no faith in any TR outfits.

Example: I was in KNTR once, and when I left KNTR (they were little zerglings who loved farming base spawns, so I got bored and left) about 4 months ago, they put up a TK on sight notice for me.

Example: SOGA platoons take about 5 minutes to redeploy to somewhere. Platoon leader says suicide, spawn over at so and so... and after 3 minutes you still see half of some squad hanging around. Also, when they have 70% pop at some base and can afford to send one squad to another base to stop a 5 man team from capping it, they absolutely refuse to micro the squads individually. It might not have been the best platoon lead at that time, but this happens every time i play with them.

I'm quite disappointed in Briggs TR's larger outfits...
  15. daveske

I wouldn't call the GAB air wing fabled. I cant even recall the name of one player in the entire outfit let alone a known pilot.

IIW, JUGA and TCF8 are a different story and I enjoy the small to medium scale op's or dogfights we at IB tend to encounter when hitting a base with these players.
  16. Riskae

I remember when heliosans used to talk like that... :(
  17. theholeyone

Its fabled in the fictitious sense of the word as we don't have one at all, rather than fabled the legendary sense of the word our friends in TCF8 have acquired by kicking butt.
  18. Dingus148

Then you guys have a decent pilot or two...I swear its you guys that keep chasing me off when I'm trying to provide radar support.

Does TAW still exist? They had some good pilots once upon a time...
  19. theholeyone

Yeh certainly a few good pilots, I would have thought our burster maxes would be more fearsome though, those things tear it up while being oh so pretty with ZOE tracers.

Yeh TAW is still running around as far as I know, not in the numbers they used to though.
  20. AusBox

That would have been a public platoon. You can't judge an outfit but the non-outfit members in the platoon.

Do you know who was platoon leading? During casual/pub platoon nights we often try to get people who don't usually lead squads/platoons to take over those roles. It's good practice for our actual Ops nights, which are run SOCA only and don't have the problems you listed.