PS2 quits -- no errors

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RodMunch, Jun 11, 2013.

1. RodMunch

I had an AMD 7970, PS2 played well on it and I never really had many issues with the game. However I've replaced that card with an Nvidia 770 GTX and since then I've been having a random issue with the game crashing or quitting -- there is no error message, I'm just playing one moment and then on my desktop the next. I've read that you should avoid the latest Nvidia drivers but those are the only ones available for this video card. I've disabled GPU Physics and I've tried various settings and the problem continues. Sometimes I can play for an hour before it happens, but most of the time it happens within 10 minutes of starting the game.

Any legitimate hints or recommendations on this would be helpful. If you're an r-word, please go play with yourself instead of wasting my time with stupid questions.

Thanks.
  2. Redeemer

Same deal here, I tried it with older Nvidia drivers and the newest - same deal. Seemingly random crashes, no info
  3. NOX2097

Same problem here
  4. Rockman

I'm having the same issue. It doesn't happen very often. Had it happen 3 times so far. 1 time was after being logged in only a few minutes. The other 2 from memory were after I'd been playing for a fairly long time.

Basically the game just disappears and I'm staring at the desktop, no error. It's just gone. the last time it happened was after the June 10th Hotfix. I don't have PhysX enabled.
  5. Truehunter

Same issue here, i5 - 3570k, gtx 770. only one set of drivers I can use.

edit - found a very slightly older driver on the disk that came with the card... 320.08 rather than 320.18.... will give it a go later to see if it makes a difference
  6. Bigfatmany

Same thing here, iv played on multiple computers with multiple builds and it still happens.
  7. TRcanuck

same here, its not our cards, was playing fine the other day for almost 4 hours, next day couldnt even play for more then 20 mins without it CTDing, wth is going on?
  8. RodMunch

Any luck on this?
  9. Brand-X

Same issue here, i5 2500k, GTX 670, 8 GB ram
  10. Galdov

Same problem here. Really like the game but FFS I can't continue to play with all the crashes. Even for FTP.
  11. Boildown

I had this problem when I updated to the 320.x Nvidia drivers. When I rolled back to 314.x this particular problem went away (though others remained).

But if you're running a 700 series Nvidia card, I'm not sure there is a version prior to 320.x that will even run it. Because as I understand it the 320.x version was released to add support for the 700 series. So for that case, I have no suggestion unfortunately.
  12. Antreya

Getting this problem as well.

Seems the one issue they refuse to or cannot fix is the unbelievable amount of crashing problems this game is plagued by. I have heard some claims of some games worse, but personally I have never ever seen a game have as many stability issues just running it as I have this one, not even during the windows ME days lol.

This is a severely game breaking issue however that is causing me to bother playing less and less. It's not fun being in a fight or driving around and boom, suddenly on my desktop out of nowhere with no error listed, no crash log, not so much as a peep.
  13. Galdov

This is an epic fail by sony. Way to ruin an awesome game.
    • Up x 1
  14. Brainwayne

also way to ruin an awesome brand.

if they would at least give a decent statement on this. this is just frustrating
  15. EatMyShorts

Confirmed. Since last patch I can get no more than 5 mins of playtime. Then total crash = (quick exit of PS2, no error cause). This is on i3770k, 16 GB ram and 2 GB GTX 680

I sick of this, very close to cancelling my premium membership. The number of crashes has increased with each patch
  16. The_Red

Same crash, and some times my GPU work at 100% and my fps drop to 10fps for 1 minutes long.

I5 2500k@4.3Ghz - 12Go ram - gtx 780
  17. atyemail

Same here..!! This is pissing me offf real bad since i really love flying and when i jus fly 1-2minutes and boom - desktop waste resources
    SONY PLZ FIX THIS ERROR
    Lots and lots of player will appreciate it when you consider lookin this thread and fixing the problems
    thanks
  18. AsknAlxndria

Having the same problem, seems to be happening more often after the June 10th update to "Fix crashes". Running an i7-3770k w/ geforce gtx 780. Game crashes, no error messages, I'm playing the game one second, looking at my desktop the next. Haven't noticed any similar circumstances. Played a good 30-45 min in heavy fighting before one crash, then maybe 5 min another time. Have crashed at least 4 times tonight (in the past 2 hours). I canceled my premium sub last month after 6 months due to lack of performance/crashes with the game, glad I did.
  19. The_Red

I solved this problem by reinstalling the previous driver version ( Nvidia Driver 320.11 ), i think the last driver (320.18) have some trouble with some games.
  20. BlackDove

Did it to me last night too with the 314.22 drivers on my 660Ti. Game is broken in all sorts of ways. Just wait for them to fix it.