Raising vehicle cost further hurts low pop factions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kapernum, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Kapernum

Like VS on Miller. I've finding myself running out of air resources more often than usual. Mostly because of the low pop VS have and the current warpgate rotation(It's hard for a lowpop SE faction to hold Zurvan on Indar for example).

I could stay alive longer but that would suggest following a zerg which is extremely boring. And VS doesn't even have a steamrolling zerg at times.

The introduction of ZOE didn't help raise VS numbers. And a nerf to ZOE + raising the vehicle cost could possible even scare more away. But this far into the ****hole I'm guessing only the hardcore VS players are left.

I'm just hoping the burster nerf and the increased max resource cost will balance it out so that dedicated tankers/pilots aren't switching to their alt just because they're out of resources. I do that sometimes because I vividly hate infantry combat.
    • Up x 1
  2. Snib

MAX resource cost is irrelevant, if a MAX dies it just gets revived. If anything you'll see more of them because all the people out of air or mechanized resources might pull a MAX instead now while they wait.
    • Up x 2
  3. NoctD

Low pop factions should receive a bonus on resources. High pop factions should receive a penalty on resources. It makes total sense and should have been implemented yesterday.
  4. jake taylor

i don't like these kinda of arbitrary restrictions, they just need to add a win state (like a cont lock?... which means nothing atm...) where the map gets reset.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kapernum

And what does it take to win? Locking a continent? Because that's not what's happening. It's not like we lose all our hexes, just the significant ones.

And what will stop the same faction from winning over and over again?
  6. Phyr

They did say they were looking into giving better bonuses to the low pop factions other then xp. Maybe resources will be part of it, just no idea when they'll get around to it.
    • Up x 2
  7. jake taylor

i don't know about your server, but the population balance on matherson is so bad that vanu continent lock all the time... and unfortunately also you can't stop the same team from wining time and time again since first and foremost this is a numbers game. the low ttk and poor survive-ability of vehicles has rendered it so.
  8. Kapernum

But how is this going to help solve the population imbalances?
  9. Vreki

Ha, you must be playing on a server where they have finally managed to graft a brain onto their Medics, but its not how it works otherwise.
    MAXes are left to rust in the rain unless you brought own outfit along.

With the new resource costs the underdogs will not only be outnumbered, they will also be individually starved of resources.
    That is not what the game needs right now. If they are going with the new prices then they need to turn the whole resource system on its head, so that the weak part gets a bonus instead of a penalty.