[Suggestion] With the tank costs etc going up, change the logoff times

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Tasogie

What I mean is, with the increases to vehicles so high, make it so if someone griefs a member of their own team, put a 10 min timer on logging off so they cant jsut run back to their own faction as happens now. The tank cost increase is going to encourage Alt greifing on a massive scale, as happens already specially on briggs NC love to do it to VS.
    So if someone jumps onto a VS char an blows up my sunderer, then legs it back to NC/TR force them to stay in game for 10 min because they can log back onto their char, or even just make it so they cant switch an have to sit in lobby or whatever.
    Anything that stops them griefing an forcing the other side to win by default.

At the Moment it is very easy to jump onto your VS char at crown for isntance,blow up friendly sunderers tanks, whatever, an then logoff back to your own side, an your team jsut walks in...
    • Up x 2
  2. Sebastien

On one hand I think it's a good idea, on the other hand it's not actually going to stop the problem. I get the feeling one person will spend the entire alert griefing enemy vehicles.
  3. Tasogie

it will be really bad. it is going too be drastically out of control sadly. an I doubt unless the forum chavs cry bout it, that anything will ever happen.
  4. Goldoche429

Logging off should put a timer on all other characters except the one you just played. It will fix the issue you mentioned and also stop people from logging into an other character to have easy XP at the end of alerts.
    • Up x 1
  5. Biytor

Put a 24 hour lock on switching factions on the same server, problem solved.
  6. ent|ty

Don't put timers that will punish honest players like myself.

no.
  7. Tommyp2006

Agreed, a character switching time should have been implemented a long time ago. But then again, if they did that, they wouldn't make any mon3y on those extra character slot items in the shop...
  8. Snib

You guys do realize this is a free to play game and a new account for griefing is just a few mouse clicks away? Faction switch timers might deter 4th faction players that want to share their SC bought stuff across characters, but it'll have no impact on alt griefing.