Certs at high lvl

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DropingBongos, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Badname82

I'm BR70 and still have tons on my list to do.

Try playing new things. Ya'll are like little kids afraid to eat new foods. You wont know if you like it until you try.

Do you have Max Nanoweave or flak yet on several classes?
    Extended Mag's on all Max weapons?
    Full blockade on harasser and sunderer?
    Did you Max your MBT special ability? Max reload speed on the guns?

And on and on. Finish the engy tool. Buy more secondaries.

You will be less bored if you try more stuff. I STILL have yet to cert out medic and galaxy. And there is still more new stuff to come.
  2. Phazaar

What's funny is you've still got 20 battle ranks until you're 2/3 of the way to BR100... Seriously, you'll end up with so many certs that, like me, you'll decide what you really need is 2% reload speed on your Rotary (when you've already got maxed magazine count and reload speed is not only useless, but also not even equippable)... And then you'll be unsure what maxed zoom is like on the Vanguard shotgun... Because you know... Zoom on a shotgun is what certs are for :D
  3. DropingBongos

I imagine you have a very hard time finding anyhthing worth putting certs into at the point you are at.
  4. DropingBongos

Precisely you start getting to the point where you are like what is the least bad thing I can put these things into and the choices get worse and worse.
  5. Stealth1

There is still some useful stuff for me to acquire, but most things are now beyond the stage of diminishing returns, and its more for completionist sake than utility.

Only 3 loadout slots is quite restricting as well.

Oh and funnily enough, its tempting to buy a RAMS 50 and just equip it with a Flashlight, to try and no-scope ppl in CQC just for the lolz.
  6. metrotw

I have over 110k certs as a br 100..I didn't sub\heroic boost until I was level 77 or something.

I always have on my character at any given time between 8000-9500 certs for the simple fact that I have nothing to use them on that is worthwhile. Yes I could blow them on a bunch of stupid crap but instead what I do is spend them a bit at a time on pretty much useless crap. :p

Before anyone says get this or that...I have everything you could possibly want that is of any real use in the game..Maxed out to the balls. Just for ***** and giggles the other day I dropped 2600 certs on the Harasser Vulcan gun, upgraded the crap out of it..Just to prove a point to an outfit mate that it was a piece of crap. Do I care about 2600 certs? Not in the least. Even when I'm barely trying I get 120-150 certs an hour. When I get a good farm...200+ is normal. So a few hours of game time in the grand scheme of things is nothing to me.

Once you hit somewhere around 85k certs or so you'll have everything maxed out for every play style in the game that will make a difference to you. After that...it's all fluff until they release a new vehicle or class or something else to make certs worth something to you again. I really wish they would raise the cert cap to something like 99999 so I could just bank them instead of getting useless crap I'll never use.
  7. Phazaar

Nah, I'm definitely at the point where I'm like 'What's the MOST bad thing I can get with all these certs?!' :D

Suggestions guys? Got maxed Stealth on my flash... That is hilarious to lock onto. 7 seconds later....
  8. FigM

This game lacks proper "cert sinks," which is bad design cause the cert supply is unlimited. When you get unlimited certs and very limited "good" things to spend them on, you gonna have late game problems.

A proper "cert sink" would have to be something that gives temporary bonus, so it can be used over and over again
  9. Snib

You pay to skip progression and then wonder why there is nothing to progress to anymore? Notsureifserious.

But just wait for implants and buy them with certs, you'll run out quickly enough.
  10. Tenhi

I dunno man. I'm BR81 and I still need tons of Certs. If you play all Infantry Classes that alone will cost you tons... even without Nano/Flak 5.
  11. DropingBongos

Yea I would say about any class has a cert complete cap of about 30-40% there just is not that much worth even looking at once you get to that stage with each class. Sure you could just go for 100% on each class but kinda silly waste of certs and time....

One thing that is the death of most MMO's is the lack of progression at lvl cap and though I'm only BR65 I already see a lack of progression or meaningful ways to invest cert currency.