[Suggestion] If ZOE nerfs inc to Test servers go Live, I want a Cert Refund

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AwakenRiceball, Jun 13, 2013.

1. TeknoBug

Are you serious? The only thing with ZOE was the strafing speed which got addressed but NOOOO... SOE went over the line. Look up the stats on ps2-stats.com and see just how great VS MAXes has been doing.
  2. metrotw

I go by what I see in game, I don't give a crap about global stats (and I seriously doubt those are accurate anyhow).

Bottom line, either way: You're getting nothing. Enjoy the free kills and certs you got for the last 2 weeks and move on.
  3. Badname0192

I never whined about ZOE. But from the words of many VS I play with and myself. It's broken. You don't have to agree with me on that, just as a 4 year old will believe in Santa Clause, you want to believe that ZOE is something that is not broken.

Also again, I didn't have to spend any SC to get into a ZOE set up that dominates wherever I walk into.

We're talking about ZOE. A MAX system, not any number of things I think you have no basis to comment on being you seem to only want to play one side of a three sided game. At least that's what I am getting from you words there.

See what I did there, I play all three factions, I see the ZOE as being one thing that's broken and in need of balance. The only thing currently in the game I see as such.

Btw you brought up Saron. I question you on that and now don't trust you. If you're going to say it's useless, why is it that it's all over your killboard?Like Quasars being third and fourth on your infantry weapons?I know, it's easy mode and you like it that way!
  4. MrIDoK

QFT

That's why you should never ever buy a weapon or cert an ability when it gets released... the nerfs are always around when something is that strong.
    And ZOE is just as strong as the other abilities... but it's not even remotely as situational as the others.
  5. vrcarnage

Na they pretty much cave to the forum whiners.

The test server does jack. If it did then they would have listened to us and zoe would have never been implemented as it is now.
    • Up x 1
  6. Dingus148

7. Shinrah

So how would he do that? Go to the PTS, spawn a ZOE and ....what? Hope that Higby notices he doesn´t to kills anymore? The way to go is, PTS see that it´s crap, go the forums and be vocal about.
    He´s also right, especially the 8 sec duration turns ZOE useless, might aswell use sprint now, which is faster, doesnt decrease my armor and has roughly 2x sec CD certed. Doing a meagre 20% extra DMG for 8 seconds, isn´t worth 2250 certs. It´s also not the reason any VS used ZOE, they should´ve removed the DMG buff, and let ZOE be otherwise.
  8. TeknoBug

Been there, done that. Seems that devs are deaf.
  9. lonegunman

We should get free cert refunds whenever the devs change something. I think were all getting pretty sick of this pattern of releasing untested things, often selling them for 7 bucks a pop and then nerfing them into the ground right before they release the next shiny toy. You want to balance things? Great. But enough with the bait and switch tactics.
  10. MrIDoK

There's always the tactic of "if it seems strong, wait until they nerf it and then consider the purchase". But many just jump on the Flavour of the Month Bandwagon and then cry that their toy got nerfed.
    Just wait, patience will save you money, time and rage.
  11. AwakenRiceball

Here is my stats: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428018587879476.273/weapons

I love playing LA, and I have done so much damage with that class. My MAX is heavily certed into before ZOE. I did not know how powerful ZOE was because I have never play on the test server. I was like a little kid saying, "Can't wait for the new MAX ability! I have certs saved up just for it!" and here comes a possible super nerf.

My Max has 80% completion such as maxed out acquisition timer and all 3 armor maxed out. Charge is maxed out as well. I could go back to LA or troll around as an engineer laying down tank mines.

Pretty much, I understand many perspectives and do I agree it is op'ed? Yes I do, but does it deserve a super nerf? No, it does not.

Also, other nerfs in the game. It was necessary, but it was not overly nerf to uselessness. Rocketpods can still wreck havoc and phoenix does a lot of damage vehicle damage. Scattermax, ones that are experience are devastating; meanwhile, inexperience are claiming underpowered.
    The reason I am good with Max because I always think from different situations, what can do differently that other people has not done? Simple thing, spam duck, jump, etc to reduce getting headshotted; meanwhile, keeping focus fire on the head. I can go back to play charge maxes, but the amount of certs (2250), I spent into ZOE needs to be refunded. I can use it for other classes.
  12. IamDH

no refunds
  13. Slaidd

Good luck with that.

I've been thinking about playing NC or TR anyway, so may just make that move.
  14. C0L0NELH0GAN

I brought up the saron, but not complaining how it worksand nor said it's useless! I only mentioned the way SOE made a completely different weapon out of it! (Let me quote myself: "It's not the weapon i bought 5 months ago).
    How yould you react, when you bought a Chrysler car and 5 months later, you carshop take it away from you and change it out with a Ford... That's a thing of ethic!

And well - for all that don't wanna search:
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428016813492886241/killboard

Here is my Killboard: I killed with Solstice, Quasar, Photonpods, some Tankkills (yes with Saron), Lasher, Orion, Hailstorm, ... I'm using more than ZOE all the time as you think (btw. the game is about 7 months old and maybe I used them even before ZOE? Maybe thats why on rank 3-4?)! But, you will forgive me, this game is made to kill the enemie! And if there are ***** camping I don't tell them to "give up and retreat or you will shot by me"!

**** YES, ZOE is strong, but not that OP compared to lolpodding and (even post-nerf) ScatMAXes in Buildings, Fury on (Cloakflash), all OHK Shotguns, ...!
    As you can see also on my killboard, the highest streak with Quasar were 5 guys! I can show you many Killboards of Hacksaws with higher killstreaks...
    The problem is, as seen on the Magrider... thousends of whine threads that it is OP ****! SOE nerfed it to oblivion with a physicbug on top and after 7 months it is on the exact SAME LEVEL as before nerf! Why the hell no one is complaining about it now? It is the same ******* OP MBT as all the whining started!!!!!
    Now, it seems, we get Magnerf 2! 8sec. fuel bar on max tier (2750 certs!), 30% debuff, which with the fairypink glow says "Plaese OHK me, ****3rs!) and a "ONE bullet LESS kill" damagebuff (also only on MAX tier against Nanoweave 5 enemy)!
    So can anybody of TR and NC tell me, why to use the ability in this form any longer?
  15. Phrygen

Reaver nerf a month after release (bug/nerf)
    Scattmax nerd was huge
    Phoenix nerf
    GD-7f nerf
    Sniper rifle nerfs (lrm i think)

I could keep going but the point is biased, over emotional posts on the nerfing of ZOE, while expected, have no merit and will be ignored by the devs. The fact that people (kids) didnt see this coming is laughable
    • Up x 1
  16. Badname0192

Vanguard HE reload time was nerfed if I recall. So slow you can grow a full beard and nearly die of starvation between shots.

But yes, crying over a broken thing that they are trying to bring back in line, is silly.

Scattermax nerd? LoL
  17. TheFullCologne

then refund my scatmax, enforcer, breakerpods, gauss saw and bolt sniper rifles.. ;D
  18. Phrygen

i believe all HE reload time was nerfed.
  19. Phrygen

[IMG]

The new enforcer is not a nerf, and if you think it is, go uninstall.
  20. DxAdder

Sorry to say it won't happen.

Bait/Hook/Nerf is the PS2 formula, they have no consideration for there player base.