Whens the last time SOE nerfed something correctly?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AbkaFlab, Jun 14, 2013.

1. AbkaFlab

I'll agree ZOE needed a nerf, and everyone knew it was coming. But this new ZOE is going to be the absolutely trash. Why do the devs have to nerf everything into the ground when they do nerf something? Whens the last time SOE nerfed something and it was still worthwhile?

And wheres the nerfs for bursters, frac maxes, strikers, enforcer, and saron that everyone has been whining about also?
  2. Compass

Prowler HE rounds.
    • Up x 2
  3. Vixxing

They havent sold enough of those weapons yet... (Striker on sale=next to nerf)
  4. Mr_Giggles

Yesterday as a matter of fact. Man did you see how they triggered the tears. Dead on accuracy right there.
  5. HannaDest

It is called the nerf pendulum. SOE always overnerfs or overbuffs stuff. It never ends and all we get from it is revamps revamps revamps. For that reason alone the game makes little progress.
    • Up x 2
  6. TheRealMetalstorm

It still remains to be seen if this is an overnerf.
    IMO, with experience with FPS game balancing (I've been in a few mpmod projects for several games), I must highlight to you that 8 seconds of having movement+damage buffs with a HP debuff is honestly still a large amount of potential carnage.
    Open up your clock and stare at it until 8 seconds tick by.
    In that time, you can easily clear out a room and let friendly infantry catch up with the MAX push. Easily within 4-6 seconds.
  7. AbkaFlab

These are the types of things that kill a game like planetside in the long run.

EDIT: Notice the server maintance ONLY to adjust enforcer price and add hyper boosts. Adjust enforcer price = 1000certs = 700sc = more people buying with SC because they dont want to spend 1000 certs.
  8. aquaforte

OK, lets say within 1 sec, and ask the devs to nerve ZOE to this value -1 second fuel... or maybe 500 ms -sounds better, doesnt it?
    and dont forget the one shot striker, the half a gram C4, the one pellet shotgun, and the one-armed NC max...

The question:
    Is there entertainement without challenge -how can I acquire skills, if evrything I touch melts?
  9. IamDH

You put it in a fridge